Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.1 -- Anyone have a Laine on a new Auston?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Really? It's usually figure skating, though the US sucks now so the ratings are probably a lot lower.
    It was a general split between Figure Skating live (which lead to the popularity of Tara and Johnny with Terry "I won a National Championship how did I end up with this gig?" Gannon), early morning sports (XC skiing), and hockey.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Where's the Swedish bikini curling team?
      I dunno, but it can't be better than this.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        It was a general split between Figure Skating live (which lead to the popularity of Tara and Johnny with Terry "I won a National Championship how did I end up with this gig?" Gannon), early morning sports (XC skiing), and hockey.
        Tara and Johnny is the best thing to ever happen to figure skating. As much as I loved Button, my god the coverage of that sport used to be equal parts jingoism and Upper Class Twit of the Year. T&J bring a much needed levity to what is at the end of the day the Westminster Dog Show for rich as-sholes from cold states.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This Olympics was going to be rough with the time difference anyways... No NHL just compounds things though
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Tara and Johnny is the best thing to ever happen to figure skating. As much as I loved Button, my god the coverage of that sport used to be equal parts jingoism and Upper Class Twit of the Year. T&J bring a much needed levity to what is at the end of the day the Westminster Dog Show for rich as-sholes from cold states.
            Agreed, Tara and Johnny brought some much needed levity to the broadcasts. Always interesting to hear their "inside baseball" takes.

(For Gannon, his story on the 30 for 30 about meeting Clyde Drexler again while covering an NBA All-Star Game is *ing hilarious)

And now with the NHL out we'll probably just end up with wall to wall T&J...
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              This Olympics was going to be rough with the time difference anyways... No NHL just compounds things though
              The kicker, NBC announced they were finally going to air everything Live.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Does this also mean no AHL players, too? Are we back to college players and Americans playing in the European leagues?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Does this also mean no AHL players, too? Are we back to college players and Americans playing in the European leagues?
                  Can former UND forward and Blaine, MN native Brandon Bochenski play for the U.S even though he is now also a Kazak?

Regardless, congrats to Jeff Taffe and Dan Sexton on making the U.S. Olympic team!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Yes. Which means that the college players who just signed AHL deals just screwed themselves out of the Olympics. It's also why the ones that still haven't signed may hold off for a year if they can afford it.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Yes. Which means that the college players who just signed AHL deals just screwed themselves out of the Olympics. It's also why the ones that still haven't signed may hold off for a year if they can afford it.
                      AHL players (and ECHL) are under the PHPA. NHL players (and those on NHL contracts are under the NHLPA). So, college kids who went un-drafted and recently signed AHL contracts should be okay to be selected. Worst case, they'll be suspended from their team for the month of February.

Now, with the women getting a pay bump from USA hockey, I got wondering how the selection of Team USA will affect collegiate eligibility. Does being selected for the Olympics, and the associated practices and training (and being paid for it) cause the loss of NCAA eligibility?

We know kids get selected to the World Juniors without affecting eligibility, but would these kids have to pay their own way to the Olympics?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        AHL players (and ECHL) are under the PHPA. NHL players (and those on NHL contracts are under the NHLPA). So, college kids who went un-drafted and recently signed AHL contracts should be okay to be selected. Worst case, they'll be suspended from their team for the month of February.

Now, with the women getting a pay bump from USA hockey, I got wondering how the selection of Team USA will affect collegiate eligibility. Does being selected for the Olympics, and the associated practices and training (and being paid for it) cause the loss of NCAA eligibility?

We know kids get selected to the World Juniors without affecting eligibility, but would these kids have to pay their own way to the Olympics?
                        USHL kids receive a stipend from the league to cover living and travel expenses associated with the team. Would USA Hockey be able to do/claim the same for their Olympic players?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

No. There are exceptions for national teams, and college players on the women's team don't receive the same money the post-college players do to preserve their eligibility.

EDIT: And Bucks Bochenski isn't eligible for the US. You get one switch in citizenship and after that you're stuck with who you picked.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Marchand is at it again. 5 minute major for spearing and a game misconduct.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/04/04/...ly-ugly-spear/

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Marchand is at it again. 5 minute major for spearing and a game misconduct.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/04/04/...ly-ugly-spear/
                              And right where it counts for a man. Oh, I'm sure he'll get a phone call...

And by virtue of a regulation win, the Bruins are in.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The Wild wore 1967 North Star replicas for warm-ups. Parise wore his late father's helmet and gloves, which his mother had evidently dug out of the basement. Cool to see.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X