Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 NCAA Tournament

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    Gustavus futility continues...they really should just bow out gracefully next year and give someone else a shot.

I wouldn't be too arrogant, and go buy the ref that blew her whistle early a present. Plattsburgh needs things gift wrapped to win. 5 minute major in the quarterfinals and a disallowed goal that would have made them lose the game.

Its really too bad that Gustavus couldn't have pulled one of these overtime games out. I would think the eastern folks would be a little more humble about the fact that all 3 games involving east/west matchups this year were pretty much even right up til the end. Norwich easily could have gone done Friday, and Plattsburgh was given the gift.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...and Platty got shafted on a goal no call in game one too that might have put them in the championship game...woulda, coulda, shoulda...it happens every year...time for golf...see ya next year....maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
      Yeah, yeah, yeah...and Platty got shafted on a goal no call in game one too that might have put them in the championship game...woulda, coulda, shoulda...it happens every year...time for golf...see ya next year....maybe.
      Well, before you get too "tee'd" off...you have to admit that the hockey gods have a sense of balance by giving Platty back a lot of what they got shafted for last year...and then they got to play for the rest so there aren't any real gifts, just more opportunities. Norwich nailed theirs last year, and RIT nailed theirs this year. I am sure GAC will be back and if RIT isn't around to command a venue and #1 seed then it will be up to one of those remaining 3's to lose.
      "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
      -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

I hope RIT takes their refs with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagletrack View Post
          I hope RIT takes their refs with them.
          Norwich was 0 for 7 on the PP, Plattsburgh was 0 for 5 on the PP against RIT. I wouldn't say RIT was getting any favors out there this weekend.
          I've never seem the 2 refs that did the NU/GAC and Platty/GAC, and am glad we didn't have them. The refs for the final game called it very tight in the first, but in the end I thought they called what needed to be called.

Overall, what a weekend. ALL FOUR teams should be extremely proud of the games they played. All four games were very exciting to watch. Congratulations to all of the young ladies this weekend.
          RIT TIGERS
          2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
            Yes, I (everybody) knows all of that. But my answer is still 100% correct (at least today). There are reasons it isn't official and I'm sure I don't know most of them, but as you said all indicators are that it will be soon.
            Soon as in 10am tomorrow.

All 4 teams played some tremendous hockey this weekend. It was an awesome event for DIII women's hockey in general, and specifically for RIT a wonderful way to finish the DIII chapter of the program's history. They went out there and got it done. Pure and simple, no excuses, hard nosed, gritty hockey. Plattsburgh and Norwich were worthy opponents and they should hold their heads up high, they have nothing to be ashamed of whatsoever. But I am proud to see a national championship trophy in the case at the Ritter for the women.
            Skate every shift like its your last

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Fan View Post
              Norwich was 0 for 7 on the PP, Plattsburgh was 0 for 5 on the PP against RIT. I wouldn't say RIT was getting any favors out there this weekend.
              I've never seem the 2 refs that did the NU/GAC and Platty/GAC, and am glad we didn't have them. The refs for the final game called it very tight in the first, but in the end I thought they called what needed to be called.

Overall, what a weekend. ALL FOUR teams should be extremely proud of the games they played. All four games were very exciting to watch. Congratulations to all of the young ladies this weekend.
              Not sure they meant the ones that were called, but perhpas the ones that were not called.

My beef, same as in the men's games, is that the NCAA suddenly decides a 4 referee systems is best for the NCAA rounds, after a 3 ref system all year. In my opinion, the refs are both underprepared and inexperienced in that format.
              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                Not sure they meant the ones that were called, but perhpas the ones that were not called.

My beef, same as in the men's games, is that the NCAA suddenly decides a 4 referee systems is best for the NCAA rounds, after a 3 ref system all year. In my opinion, the refs are both underprepared and inexperienced in that format.
                If they used D1 crews, they would have been familiar. (Someone indicated they had never seen this Crew). ECAC D1 runs with a 4 Ref system all year.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                  If they used D1 crews, they would have been familiar. (Someone indicated they had never seen this Crew). ECAC D1 runs with a 4 Ref system all year.
                  Both referees in the Third Place game and in the Norwich/Gustavus game were from the West. Not sure if they worked D-III games or D-I out there.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Yes, I meant the glaring penalties that went uncalled.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                      Gustavus futility continues...they really should just bow out gracefully next year and give someone else a shot.

I wouldn't be too arrogant, and go buy the ref that blew her whistle early a present. Plattsburgh needs things gift wrapped to win. 5 minute major in the quarterfinals and a disallowed goal that would have made them lose the game.

Its really too bad that Gustavus couldn't have pulled one of these overtime games out. I would think the eastern folks would be a little more humble about the fact that all 3 games involving east/west matchups this year were pretty much even right up til the end. Norwich easily could have gone done Friday, and Plattsburgh was given the gift.
                      Well, I was there, and Aveson had the puck, she never lost it, and the ref didn't see it. She blew the whistle, end of story. In the quarters against Middlebury, Middlebury was given an almost two minute 5x3.....was that not a gift? In game one vs. RIT, Fisher had the puck on her stick, in front of the goalie, and the whistle blew, because "the ref lost sight of it". In my very biased, yet honest opinion, Plattsburgh was hosed this weekend, because RIT was supposed to win...for two reasons. They were hosting, and they were going to make this earth shattering big announcement that they were going DI next year. How would the NCAA look, if an at large team, beat the host team in the semi-finals, a team that has been approved to move to DI? I think it would have made them look stupid. Therefore they insured that this did not happen. How else can you explain the no-goal, even after being reviewed, which by all accounts was a goal, to be waived off?
                      Is this sour grapes? Yep! Absolutely, and I think deservedly so.
                      Regarding East vs. West....Plattsburgh had to kill off 5 penalties, while GAC only had to kill off one. Plattsburgh's shots on goal were only four less than GAC, despite being a player down for 10 minutes. Plattsburgh dominated GAC 5x5 and the two power play goals by GAC being the difference in this being close vs. this being a train wreck of a game for GAC. Also, how much of a gift was the "interference" penalty in the final 90 seconds of the game for GAC??? Interference??? Really??? That happens ALL THE TIME. and to call it at that point of the game was a big, big box wrapped with a big red bow!!! Plattsburgh found a way to overcome and tie it up, and win it in OT. What gifts exactly are you talking about?
                      Last edited by statusquo; 03-20-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by statusquo View Post
                        Well, I was there, and Aveson had the puck, she never lost it, and the ref didn't see it. She blew the whistle, end of story. In the quarters against Middlebury, Middlebury was given an almost two minute 5x3.....was that not a gift? In game one vs. RIT, Fisher had the puck on her stick, in front of the goalie, and the whistle blew, because "the ref lost sight of it". In my very biased, yet honest opinion, Plattsburgh was hosed this weekend, because RIT was supposed to win...for two reasons. They were hosting, and they were going to make this earth shattering big announcement that they were going DI next year. How would the NCAA look, if an at large team, beat the host team in the semi-finals, a team that has been approved to move to DI? I think it would have made them look stupid. Therefore they insured that this did not happen. How else can you explain the no-goal, even after being reviewed, which by all accounts was a goal, to be waived off?
                        Regarding East vs. West....Plattsburgh had to kill off 5 penalties, while GAC only had to kill off one. Plattsburgh's shots on goal were only four less than GAC, despite being a player down for 10 minutes. Plattsburgh dominated GAC 5x5 and the two power play goals by GAC being the difference in this being close vs. this being a train wreck of a game for GAC. Also, how much of a gift was the "interference" penalty in the final 90 seconds of the game for GAC??? Interference??? Really??? That happens ALL THE TIME. and to call it at that point of the game was a big, big box wrapped with a big red bow!!! Plattsburgh found a way to overcome and tie it up, and win it in OT. What gifts exactly are you talking about?
                        someone can't wait till next year (does Platty lose anyone of note?)...sounds like they'd like another crack at it
                        Illegitimum non carborundum
                        Cartman: Ma'am, the Crack Baby Athletic Association is a storied institution that was founded over twelve days ago.
                        Cartman:Should I admit I was wrong, ask for everyone's forgiveness and go back to my original team? Nah, screw that, I'm just gonna keep being a d**k.
                        Cartman: Screw you sir, I'm going home.

Comment

The net was knocked off the moorings as stated by the ref. If RIT knocked it off then by my estimation the goal would of counted. So with the goal being waved it must mean Plattsburgh knocked it off, thus causing the no goal. Granted the fact they even reviewed it surprised me and that is only because I didn't realize they could do that in DIII. And for the record I love sour grape conspiracy theorists.
                          RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                            The net was knocked off the moorings as stated by the ref. If RIT knocked it off then by my estimation the goal would of counted. So with the goal being waved it must mean Plattsburgh knocked it off, thus causing the no goal. Granted the fact they even reviewed it surprised me and that is only because I didn't realize they could do that in DIII. And for the record I love sour grape conspiracy theorists.
                            Have you looked at the replay? RIT knocked it off ...but that really doesn't matter because the puck was behind the line BEFORE it was knocked off... The goal official turned on the light BEFORE the goal gets knocked off. There is actually footage looking down onto the net, showing the puck in over the line and the net intact. This is where the conspiracy theory comes from.....

Comment

Have you looked at the replay? RIT knocked it off ...but that really doesn't matter because the puck was behind the line BEFORE it was knocked off... The goal official turned on the light BEFORE the goal gets knocked off. There is actually footage looking down onto the net, showing the puck in over the line and the net intact. This is where the conspiracy theory comes from.....
                              Not according to the ref and what he says goes. And no I haven't seen a replay since I didn't know the video was still up. Then again I was at the game so didn't feel the need to look up any video. Ignorance is bliss.
                              RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                                Not according to the ref and what he says goes. And no I haven't seen a replay since I didn't know the video was still up. Then again I was at the game so didn't feel the need to look up any video. Ignorance is bliss.
                                I also was at the game, but I guess you don't care to review the call because the terrible call favored your team. Here is the link http://www.ncaa.com/video/archive/icehockey-women, so you don't have to be blissful anymore... Once you get to the video page, you will have to scroll down to the RIT/Plattsburgh highlights. It was a joke of a decision, actually proving my point that RIT was supposed to advance to the championship game, no matter what. Just my conspiracy theory... And to clarify, the footage from above is conveniently NOT on the NCAA website, but I can definately get it. And after looking at the replay again, I was mistaken is saying that the the goal light comes on before the net gets knocked off. But the light comes on after RIT knocks the net off, not Plattsburgh. So by your own admission, it should have been a goal.
                                Last edited by statusquo; 03-20-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X