X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Something tells me the Venn diagram of people who think they don't need insurance and people who accidentally shoot themselves is a single circle.
    Basically, it's people who romanticize 19th century Gilded Age libertarianism/"rugged Western man living off the land" type of crap. You know what else we didn't have back then? Flush toilets and television; you sure to want to go back?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Did you know you can also make a bump stock at home with a 3D printer? Because everyone has one of those in their office!

I agree making ammo super-expensive is not an ideal solution. Though it would be pretty awesome if we could slap a 5-10% tax on every sale of cartridges/shells (and the raw materials to make them), and put all the money it raised into funding social programs that aim to reduce gun violence. Good luck getting that passed, though.
      I could live with a 10% tax on ammo. Keep in mind it would be a regressive tax.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I could live with a 10% tax on ammo. Keep in mind it would be a regressive tax.
        That’s debatable. The gun nuts I know that do the most shooting are wealthy people. A single box of 30-06 ammo lasts me 2 years. Although when I picture Leroy M. Redneck out on the weekend with his AR, his only larger expenses than ammo are probably beer and gas. So it’s debatable.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

The NRA/congressional push to ban bump stocks gives me the creeps a little bit. Not because it shouldn’t be done but because while they’re all slapping each other on the back about solving murder, we’re only addressing the most marginal of symptoms of a sick society in that particular accessory. It’s barely a start.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I don't think that's ever been something joe has said, that we're bad people for being Atheists. He may think we're all going to Hell, but that's to be expected of any Christian.
            That would be a pretty crappy thing for someone to say.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Well this is certainly awkward.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                That’s debatable. The gun nuts I know that do the most shooting are wealthy people. A single box of 30-06 ammo lasts me 2 years. Although when I picture Leroy M. Redneck out on the weekend with his AR, his only larger expenses than ammo are probably beer and gas. So it’s debatable.
                I think that concealed carry reciprocity is going to be part of the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  You can make them at home, too.
                  Make that a felony....
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    That would be a pretty crappy thing for someone to say.
                    well if you don't believe in Hell, why would it matter one way or the other?
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                      A map that shows most murders happen in places where there are a lot of people. Yeah, fascinating.
                      Age-adjusted, per capita gun murders:

Last edited by Kepler; 10-06-2017, 05:32 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I saw a good stat on Twitter the other day: murder rate per 1,000 guns. Given the large amount of guns we own we were way down the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Well gee...I think that map speaks volumes!
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Does it?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I saw a good stat on Twitter the other day: murder rate per 1,000 guns. Given the large amount of guns we own we were way down the list.
                              What makes that a good stat? I bet given the large amount of McDonalds we have, we are way down on the list of heart attacks per McDonalds too. But I'm not sure why that would be a good statistic.

Comment

There are lies, dam lies, and statistics.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X