Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

If they're any worse than 9-3, they're going to get him, too.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      If they're any worse than 9-3, they're going to get him, too.
      And from what I understand, he needs to improve his record in the SEC West.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Speaking of fired, one A&M regent is calling for Sumlin's head on Facebook and the A&M message boards are filled with "Fire Sumlin!"
        Sumlin made $30 million by standing on the sideline one day in 2012 and telling Manziel to make plays.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

A bit over overkill in D3.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...core-2017-98-0
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Considering it could have been MUCH worse...It's not really overkill.
            When you get a lot of short fields this can happen.
            If you read that article...the Johnnies used 150-160 players and used guys who were not on the depth chart.
            Fasching wasn't trying to run it up..especially not against a former assistant.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

From what I heard, the St John's coach even asked the other coach if he wanted to go to "running time" on the clock, and the other coach declined.
              Edit: nevermind, that was stated in the article. My bad.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                From what I heard, the St John's coach even asked the other coach if he wanted to go to "running time" on the clock, and the other coach declined.
                Edit: nevermind, that was stated in the article. My bad.
                And i understand that thinking...running time is almost worse when it's not a standard rule.
                Also...it's not good in football for the guys playing to " let up" and not go hard on the field as that can cause injuries.
                It was just a day where the Saints could do no right and the Johnnies could do no wrong.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Considering it could have been MUCH worse...It's not really overkill.
                  When you get a lot of short fields this can happen.
                  If you read that article...the Johnnies used 150-160 players and used guys who were not on the depth chart.
                  Fasching wasn't trying to run it up..especially not against a former assistant.
                  I read it. I think he could have gotten to 150 if he wanted to. IIRC St. John's has a no cut policy and is really laid back.

But 98-0 is a pasting no matter how you slice it.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Triple option is so fun to watch as long as my team isn't facing it.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Triple option is so fun to watch as long as my team isn't facing it.
                      It IS fun to watch, I admit. It's no A-11 offense, but oh well.

St John's did all they could do to NOT run up the score, so I applaud them on that. That was my main worry when I saw the score.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        It IS fun to watch, I admit. It's no A-11 offense, but oh well.

St John's did all they could do to NOT run up the score, so I applaud them on that. That was my main worry when I saw the score.
                        They didn't take a knee or punt on first down.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So Clemson jumped from 30-1 to 20-1 to win the National Title following Week 1...the biggest jump of any team (For reference, I got in on Clemson last season at 7-1 shortly before the beginning of the season). The Tigers will get a good test here the rest of September (vs. Auburn, @ Louisville, vs. BC, @ Virginia Tech). If they get through September unscathed, I would have to imagine Clemson will be closer to 10-1 or better. So, if you have faith in Clemson, now would be the time to still get a pretty good price on a legitimate playoff contender.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Win probability chart.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              Josh Rosen just got Kevin Sumlin fired.

From down 41-10 to a 45-44 win.
                              I'm bummed I shut that game off. Wow. I just figured out what happened literally 5 minutes ago.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                I'm bummed I shut that game off. Wow. I just figured out what happened literally 5 minutes ago.
                                I love so much that this happened to the SEC. The only it could have been better would have been if it was Alabama or Florida.

Although I suppose had it been Georgia my god that would have been fitting.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X