Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    That's why I asked the question whether legal citizens were negatively impacted in any way.
    How could racial profiling of Hispanics in the southwest for years possibly NOT impact US citizens?

Comment

I'm not sure why this is even up for debate. He openly admitted he was doing it, proudly thumbed his nose at the judge that ordered him to stop and continued to do it for over a year after that ruling, and was found in contempt. The only people who would defend him are people who think racial and religious profiling is OK, and have advocated that CBP and the TSA be allowed to use it against Latinos and Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I'm not sure why this is even up for debate. He openly admitted he was doing it, proudly thumbed his nose at the judge that ordered him to stop and continued to do it for over a year after that ruling, and was found in contempt. The only people who would defend him are people who think racial and religious profiling is OK, and have advocated that CBP and the TSA be allowed to use it against Latinos and Muslims.
        1. That's the problem.
        2. That is also a problem. Can't limit it to one race (or just race). I'd be open to look into the Israeli way of profiling at airports and such. Open to, not necessarily for.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          That isn't what you said. You said "White people aren't profiled."

And here's the Op Ed link in the Trib, hope it works: https://www.pressreader.com/usa/star...81745564514626
          Congressmen should be forced to read this.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Congressmen should be forced to read this.
            So the link worked? Good. The Star Trib site is tricky sometimes for non-subscribers.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              1. That's the problem.
              2. That is also a problem. Can't limit it to one race (or just race). I'd be open to look into the Israeli way of profiling at airports and such. Open to, not necessarily for.
              The biggest setback to doing airports the Israeli way is that they have two major international airports. We have 80-100, of which 25 are busier than Ben-Gurion.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                How could racial profiling of Hispanics in the southwest for years possibly NOT impact normal white US citizens?
                .... you need to qualify your question here to straighten it out. now it doesn't impact them.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  The biggest setback to doing airports the Israeli way is that they have two major international airports. We have 80-100, of which 25 are busier than Ben-Gurion.
                  And there is one of the issues. How to roll it out, could it be rolled out?

Comment

Stone, who helped Trump think through his presidential bid, warned that while he is not yet throwing in the towel on the Trump presidency, “I can find another candidate for 2020 who can win the primary, believe me.”

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Were they here legally?
                      Was what he did legal? (the answer is no) Not that you care facts never got in the way of your verbal diarrhea...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Isn't there a difference between going after people who were here legally versus illegally? If the courts told him not to go after rapists and murderers should be have obeyed that too? I guess I don't understand how a court can tell a law enforcement officer to just disregard the law.
                        I hope that was satire.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Still waiting to hear what you've got. Besides some disbelief that you don't live in a misogynist country. Kind of like people think we don't live in a racist one either.
                          Stop letting butthurt dominate your thought process. If you want to experience racism and misogyny I suggest you travel beyond North America and Europe. Once you've done that we'll talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Stop letting butthurt dominate your thought process. If you want to experience racism and misogyny I suggest you travel beyond North America and Europe. Once you've done that we'll talk.
                            The "It's not as bad as other places, just deal with it!" argument. Same one made against gay marriage. "You should be happy, they'd kill you in the Middle East. At least we're civil and let you live."
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              The "It's not as bad as other places, just deal with it!" argument. Same one made against gay marriage. "You should be happy, they'd kill you in the Middle East. At least we're civil and let you live."
                              I don't think that was Slap's intended message, though he will speak for himself.

Comment

That's why I asked the question whether legal citizens were negatively impacted in any way. I have a lot of respect for Mexicans who come here and they are incredibly hard working, but we should have control over who is coming into the country. I will add that whether they're legal or illegal they should be treated in a humane manner. It sounds like some of the stuff he did was pretty unsavory.
                                So if you were checked to see if you were legally allowed to have a gun, because some local sheriff decided to do a sweep of illegal guns- would that be ok?

There are people with hispanic decent living in Arizona who have been Americans the same length that Arizona has been part of the US, as a territory. I don't know about your family's history, but that's far longer being part of the US than mine. It's HIGHLY likely that some of these very historic Americans have been caught up in this "legal citizen" sweep. This is somehow ok???

Lets say you are Polish, and the locals know there's a big problem with illegal Poles living in your area. Would you be ok with a random check to make sure you are a citizen???

You are ok with the assumption of guilt?

Once again, you demonstrate that there's zero reason to defend YOUR 2nd Amendment rights, since you are so unwilling to defend any other for people you decide are not worthy.

So much for law and order.

Comment

Working...
                                X