X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    An article about Fulton http://www.pointstreaksites.com/view...s-8/news_36215 The 5'9" is generous.
    I was watching some Vaughan game highlights from this year on youtube and I think you are correct that 5'9" is quite generous. Fulton scores the first two goals in this highlight clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9BSXoxM_u0

I am a little curious as to why RPI is bringing in another smaller sized centerman. We already have McGowan, JL, Neal, Higgs and Rogic that have played center this season and as far as I know Bourbonnais and Miller are also centers. I hope this is just SA adding some depth and that were not losing someone from the current roster.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      I was watching some Vaughan game highlights from this year on youtube and I think you are correct that 5'9" is quite generous. Fulton scores the first two goals in this highlight clip.

I am a little curious as to why RPI is bringing in another smaller sized centerman. We already have McGowan, JL, Neal, Higgs and Rogic that have played center this season and as far as I know Bourbonnais and Miller are also centers. I hope this is just SA adding some depth and that were not losing someone from the current roster.
      Sounds like he wants a finesse team, and not a "squish the midget" team. Using Yale as a benchmark, mayhaps?

Comment

My thoughts exactly. A team of smurfs is not exactly my idea of having the size to compete with the bigger teams. The 2 latest pick ups have me thinking about some sudden losses that could have just surfaced(perhaps one on defense and one at forward). After all, the scholarship money we have available from teh seniors leaving this year is just not unlimited. I know kids can grow considerably but when Fulton was with the NJ Rockets back in 2005-6 people here remember him as being about 5" even and about 90 pounds as a Bantam. (but that was 6 years ago!)
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          If you don't like it, there's this school about an hour south of me that has D-I hockey that might pique your interest. In fact, you won't even have to worry about switching to a different color scheme! -_-
          Ignore him.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
            As for next season, I would be surprised to see three scholarship goalies. My guess would be that if they bring in Kasdorf, or soemone else, that Diebold would leave.
            ...buh? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              If you don't like it, there's this school about an hour south of me that has D-I hockey that might pique your interest. In fact, you won't even have to worry about switching to a different color scheme! -_-
              Yeah - that makes sense, just live with it, don't try to fix it or improve it, just enjoy it or leave and find another team. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                Yeah - that makes sense, just live with it, don't try to fix it or improve it, just enjoy it or leave and find another team. Thanks for the advice.
                Don't knock the kid for trying to make both you and us happier.

Comment

5'9"...wears #21...scored 11 PPG this season
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

According to the schools website, their next game is Saturday the 25th.

http://www.delbarton.org/athletic-center/index.aspx

Also, I believe Delbarton beat the #6 seed St. Augustine last night not Bergen Catholic.

Thanks
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think that SA believes that centers can always be moved to the wing. Furthermore, having a lot of centers on the cie helps with a certain offiical who likes to throw people out of faceoffs.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I think that SA believes that centers can always be moved to the wing. Furthermore, having a lot of centers on the cie helps with a certain offiical who likes to throw people out of faceoffs.
                        And that more bodies means more competition for ice time. I will wait to see how this all works out.

Comment

OK, I've had enough. Folks here are gripping the stick a bit too tight when it comes to Fulton. For the love of gawd can we please all EXHALE.

Here's a few tidbit's from CH's 2012 List. Stop me when you'd throw ANY of these kids to the curb:
                          ONT/ E. CAN
                          Spink Brothers Cornwall Colgate 5'9 155
                          Jeff DiNallo Newmarket Clarkson 5'7 160
                          Drake Cagglina Stouffville North Dakota 5'7 175

BCHL
                          Evan Richardson Powell Rvr. Boston College 5'7 150
                          Travis St. Denis Penticton Quinnipiac 5'7 150
                          Mike Reilly Penticton Minnesota 5'9 150
                          John Knisley Vernon Cornell 5'9 160

For reasons I fail to understand, folks here are ready to poo-poo guys who, while undersized by NHL standards, are reported to be "very fast", "tenacious, with a "tremendous work ethic, and outstanding skill-set.." We have enough size at forward with Bourbannais and Zalewski coming in, adding a kid with more speed to go along with Rogic and Schroeder is a net gain in my book.
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            OK, I've had enough. Folks here are gripping the stick a bit too tight when it comes to Fulton. For the love of gawd can we please all EXHALE.

Here's a few tidbit's from CH's 2012 List. Stop me when you'd throw ANY of these kids to the curb:
                            ONT/ E. CAN

BCHL

For reasons I fail to understand, folks here are ready to poo-poo guys who, while undersized by NHL standards, are reported to be "very fast", "tenacious, with a "tremendous work ethic, and outstanding skill-set.." We have enough size at forward with Bourbannais and Zalewski coming in, adding a kid with more speed to go along with Rogic and Schroeder is a net gain in my book.
                            Some players can overcome there size; so can't. We'll have to see about Fulton.

Zalewski certainly has size, but at a listed 5'10", I wouldn't call Bourbonnais big (unless you are referring to the size of his name plate. ).
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

ONT/ E. CAN

BCHL

Wicked-It also depends a bit on if the measurements are true. On the other hand, I would certainly take martin St. Louis for my team anytime.(and you already know how I feel about size in hockey once your reach the NCAA level or above)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Wicked-It also depends a bit on if the measurements are true. On the other hand, I would certainly take martin St. Louis for my team anytime.(and you already know how I feel about size in hockey once your reach the NCAA level or above)
                                FWIW, an article linked earlier about Fulton stated that even the 5'9" was generous.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X