Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    your naivete is touching.

"and he so loved the DMV and the IRS, that he hired them to run his health insurance plan."
    Without even the slightest hint of irony.

Comment

John kasich wrote an op ed today about how this has to be a bipartisan effort or it won't pass. Meanwhile White House source says it's pence who is demanding the defunding of PP, even though some Rs wisely want it out because it could kill the bill.
      Pence is a real POS.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

apparently your government is immune to kickbacks and bribery. lucky you.
        And apparently you think this doesn't happen with private companies? At least it's illegal to bribe a government official. Nothing prevents bribing private businesses.

Comment

After putting all those disparate thoughts together, I had an 'aha' moment, just for the sake of pondering: maybe what we really need is a lot more insurance companies! Instead of four or five, how about twelve or fifteen?
          and each one reimburses for different amounts, has different provider networks, etc...
          Hospitals and doctor's offices need to hire more staff to deal with more payers each with their own forms and procedures

meanwhile, most people don't shop around for health insurance like they do auto or homeowner's insurance -- they are stuck with whatever their employer offers, so the market doesn't favor the company with the best customer service or best provider network, it favors the companies that make the best deals with employers.

Comment

Sorry, Alaska.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

apparently your government is immune to kickbacks and bribery. lucky you. in NY state, there is plenty of under-the-table profit motive from government employees, and they don't have anywhere near the oversight and audit trails found elsewhere.

"and he so loved the DMV and the IRS, that he hired them to run his health insurance plan." no thanks. over half the people at the IRS give taxpayers erroneous information. why do you expect anything better here?
              Your naivete is infuriating as it is obnoxious.

You assume that corporations don't have bribery and kickbacks.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                John kasich wrote an op ed today about how this has to be a bipartisan effort or it won't pass. Meanwhile White House source says it's pence who is demanding the defunding of PP, even though some Rs wisely want it out because it could kill the bill.
                Pence is a real POS.
                I hate Pence more than I hate Trump. Trump is just a ****ing idiot. Pence has no soul or conscience.

I would still prefer a soulless animatronic dick in the Oval Office over a man who could start WWIII with a tweet.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Sorry, Alaska.
                  Welp...
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Sorry, Alaska.
                    Someone's prepping for the 2020 NH primary.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

"Some spreadsheets or whatever"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Dude you really need to read up about what is going on. That 30% are the ones showing up ****ed. There is a reason the Tea Party came out against the plan. Even the hopeless care when it is their crap being taken away.
                        Yeah, but it's different reasons for each side. The Tea Party and the Freedom Caucus hate it because it keeps too much of Obamacare, it doesn't kick people off insurance fast enough. The Democrats hate it because it destroys Obamacare.

And not sure why Trump would run away from all this. From what I've read, if this plan doesn't pass, then Trump's backup plan is just to strangle Obamacare so it collapses under its own weight, and then blame it on democrats who knew it would collapse from the get-go, but refused to pass his healthcare plan that would have saved people's health insurance.

And there are ways they can do that. One they've already done, which is repeal the taxes on the higher earners. Repeal the mandate. Cut back on the expanded Medicaid funds. If there's no money to make Obamacare work, then it won't. And they'll just say, "see, we told you it was failing".
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

If you want to blame anyone on the stupidity of the new bill, blame that globalist Paul Ryan. It's basically Obamacare on crack when it comes to the taxes. A repeal has support. The replacement is killing the efforts.

I hope that Soros-funded speaker gets primaried.

Comment

I would love for Republicans to propose gutting Medicare, and then listen to the wailing from the Trumpettes.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              If you want to blame anyone on the stupidity of the new bill, blame that globalist Paul Ryan. It's basically Obamacare on crack when it comes to the taxes. A repeal has support. The replacement is killing the efforts.

I hope that Soros-funded speaker gets primaried.
                              What is so very evil about being a globalist?

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                What is so very evil about being a globalist?
                                World Gubmint!!11! OPPRESSION!1!!

Comment

Working...
                                X