Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    If some small country flipped a nuke at us and the sitting president did nothing but negotiate, how long do you think he'd last?
    Well, when some small country flips a nuke at us, then we can consider all options. Until that happens, escalating any situation by ranting about "Fire and Fury" publicly is effin' stupid, and will accomplish nothing. Except make the situation worse.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Trump drew a red line that anyone with a brain knew they would immediately cross (he basically said "stop threatening us or we'll wipe you off the face of the earth"). Well they now threatened Guam, a U.S. territory. Now the world will see Trump is all bark and no bite.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Well, when some small country flips a nuke at us, then we can consider all options. Until that happens, escalating any situation by ranting about "Fire and Fury" publicly is effin' stupid, and will accomplish nothing. Except make the situation worse.
        It gives his supporters a boner so he gets bigger cheers at his Nuremberg rallies. That's his sole motivation: praise. He's an inadequate human being with a fragile ego and no interests except himself. A 71-year old infant.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Trump's Nazi Advisor Thinks The Mosque Bombing in MN Might Be Fake

These are the clowns Drew thinks Trump will "defer" to.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

an oldie but goodie:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...r-game/304029/

n recent years Pentagon experts have estimated that the first ninety days of such a conflict might produce 300,000 to 500,000 South Korean and American military casualties, along with hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths. The damage to South Korea alone would rock the global economy.
            A complete collapse of the regime might lead not only to enormous refugee problems for China and South Korea but also, in effect, to a weapons-of-mass-destruction yard sale for smugglers.
            And little Kim's daddy promised us this, I suspect the little lard *** feels the same:
            he would “destroy the world” or “take the world with me” before accepting defeat on the battlefield.
            If we did successfully invade, our troops would be likely to eventually find themselves near North Korea's Chinese border. The last time that happened, in 1950, the Chinese counterinvaded. (A 1961 treaty obliges China to do so again in the event of an attack on North Korea.)

basically no good options here, and Toddler Trump is poking the hornets nest and making it worse. What he should be doing is back-channel negotiations with China to put the screws to NK (in a way that allows China to save face here), not waiving his dick around and making things worse.
            Last edited by BassAle; 08-09-2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

There can be no US invasion. The only military solution would be a US tactical strike to decapitate the regime and any offensive military installations followed immediately by a South Korean invasion to occupy all defensive military installations. To do any of that we need China to agreed. Russia can pound sand.

The humanitarian relief effort that would follow would make Ethiopia, Somalia, the Sudan and the absorption of East Germany look like a picnic. There are 25M people in North Korea, almost all of them living in atrocious conditions. Plus they've been educated since birth for multiple generations that everyone else is out to kill them.

They're the American South, with hotter women.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                There can be no US invasion. The only military solution would be a US tactical strike to decapitate the regime and any offensive military installations followed immediately by a South Korean invasion to occupy all defensive military installations. To do any of that we need China to agreed. Russia can pound sand.

The humanitarian relief effort that would follow would make Ethiopia, Somalia, the Sudan and the absorption of East Germany look like a picnic. There are 25M people in North Korea, almost all of them living in atrocious conditions. Plus they've been educated since birth for multiple generations that everyone else is out to kill them.

They're the American South, with hotter women.
                Agree on the first part. It would be interesting how much resistance the rest of the population put up. There have to be a decent amount of people who know things should be better.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Mr. Kim says I'm building nukes.
                  The world and the US says please don't.
                  Mr. Kim builds and tests the rocket.
                  The world and the US says please stop.
                  Mr. Kim has a nuke.
                  The world and the US sanctions harshly.
                  Mr. Kim threatens the US, specifically the US, with his new weapons.
                  The US President should ...

(a) go have a smoke and shoot some hoop out back
                  (b) smile and point and giggle like a 7 year old girl
                  (c) keep waiting on the Chinese or Russians to deal with it
                  (d) respond with a simple "cause and effect" statement* --> Do it and you'll get "fire and fury".
                  (e) call Henry Kissinger or Dennis Rodman

What's the correct answer?

*a statement, yeah, via the Twit; but, he's done nada but yap so far; and all-y'all** are tellin' me he's all bark, no bite

**the all-y'all is just for Kep who just loves Southerns and their colloquialisms
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Mr. Kim says I'm building nukes.
                    The world and the US says please don't.
                    Mr. Kim builds and tests the rocket.
                    The world and the US says please stop.
                    Mr. Kim has a nuke.
                    The world and the US sanctions harshly.
                    Mr. Kim threatens the US, specifically the US, with his new weapons.
                    The US President should ...

(a) go have a smoke and shoot some hoop out back
                    (b) smile and point and giggle like a 7 year old girl
                    (c) keep waiting on the Chinese or Russians to deal with it
                    (d) respond with a simple "cause and effect" statement* --> Do it and you'll get "fire and fury".
                    (e) call Henry Kissinger or Dennis Rodman

*a statement, yeah, via the Twit; but, he's done nada but yap so far; and all-y'all** are tellin' me he's all bark, no bite

**the all-y'all is just for Kep who just loves Southerns and their colloquialisms

Lil Kim is not going to stop unless he is guaranteed that there will be no attempt at regime change. He saw what happened to Sadam.

China forcing NK's hand is the only hope here that doesn't involve hundreds of thousands of deaths. Trump's "fire and fury like the world has never seen" threat is not going about this the right way. And what happens when Toddler Trump doesn't follow through with his threat?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Agree on the first part. It would be interesting how much resistance the rest of the population put up. There have to be a decent amount of people who know things should be better.
                      It would be one helluva psych experiment, yes. It would be better if the humanitarian aid was offered by the Chinese (for one thing, they have the money to do it), but the Chinese are, understandably, terrified of being overwhelmed by refugees.
                      Cornell University

Comment

I've heard every natural southernism under the sun and I've never heard an actual southerner say "all-y'all." I think it's a gnawthen affectation of a southernism.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

We could have sent Seth Rogen and James Franco over to deal with it, but we probably blew the surprise on that one.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I've heard every natural southernism under the sun and I've never heard an actual southerner say "all-y'all." I think it's a gnawthen affectation of a southernism.
                            It's likely specific to a certain region. In parts of Oklahoma, the plural for y'all is "y'all two." And it doesn't matter how many people are in that group, so long as it's two or more. My buddy's gf in college was from Tulsa, and she gave us that little nugget.
                            Last edited by St. Clown; 08-09-2017, 10:01 AM.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              And what happens when Toddler Trump doesn't follow through with his threat?
                              It's Lil' Kim's move. If he does it, his party is over one way or another.

What's Lil' Kim like more than making weapons and threats? His power. If he does it, and his power is gone. My take? He'll keep his power and his toys, declare victory, and blow up another uncle.

Ergo, Trump will never have to show his cards.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Y'all is singular; all-y'all is plural.
                                That's as heard by me, first person, while in the NC/SC border region*. Supposedly it's in some parts of TX as well.

*And yes, I asked and got that definition.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X