X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    He may be too late, yes. But I think that absent age he's an ideal candidate.

"Get me a young Joe Biden!"
    So is a young John Kennedy
    Go Gophers!

Comment

I agree that Biden is a person most of us Dems could easily get behind were he the nominee. Having said that I disagree with his electoral prospects a bit more than my fellow libs, but this is all in good fun as I seriously doubt he runs. Biden has a few problems aside from the major issues of age/health.

First, he's run like 3 times already and went nowhere. For whatever reason votes seem to like the idea of him running better than when he actually does it. Next, he'd run into many of the same problems Clinton ran into. He's been in DC pretty much since the city was founded. There's the occasional whiff of scandal in his career that'll get blown out of proportion, and since he represents a state that every credit card company claims its from, I find it extremely hard to believe that you couldn't tie him to some cozy relationship with the financial industry.

Lastly, Biden suffers from the same problem Gore, Dole, Palin and Hillary did, which is the media has made it their mission to cast everything they do in a negative light. In Biden's case, they'll even make up stuff. Case in point it was reported Uncle Joe had revealed the secret location that the VP is taken to in a national emergency. Letterman was even cracking jokes about it. Problem was, he did no such thing, which only took a week to report out and on the back page with all the other "corrections" due to shoddy reporting. Now if he was getting his butt buffed every day by the press like John McCain, that would be a different story...
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Seriously...she isnt running why the hell cant you all stop talking about her? Her book has zero relevance to the 2020 election.
        HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHA HAHAHAHA

OH STOP, PUHLEASE!!! YOU ARE HURTING MOOKIE'S SIDES

no way in HEII she doesn't run
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I like Joe Biden; I think everybody does. But saying he should have ran/would have won in 2016 is Monday morning quarterbacking at its' finest.

You can argue he would have provided a reason for certain people to vote D that Hilary didn't provide. To me, that misses a fundamental point which is that whatever vein of ugliness Trump was able to tap into, those people weren't looking for a reason to vote D, they were looking for an excuse not to. And Biden would have provided just as much reason, if not more than Hilary.

There's no way Biden would have had the discipline and self-control to put up with the BS that would have come from the campaign. He wasn't even running and still challenged Trump to a fist fight at one point. He would have been Crazy Joe(Yes, even compared to Trump. Compare the damage done by the A-rated Clinton Foundation with the damage done by Trump's phony charities), and all the usual suspects here would be saying what a shame it was that there wasn't a good candidate to choose from, while bending over backwards to defend Trump at every turn. Biden wouldn't have held up, and to his credit, he seemed to understand that, and just didn't want to go through it with the other things going on in his personal life.

As for 2020, he'll be a few weeks shy of 78. He won't even be in the discussion.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Maize - you're right. tD tapped on the GOPs dissatisfaction with the current crop of idiots in charge. That wouldn't have been enough to win the general, but HRHHRC ran perhaps the worst campaign since Dewey in 1948.

There will be TV specials, books, and PhD thesis produced on this election for the next 20 years. Perhaps the best word to describe last November is, "Huh?".
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              "Huh?".
              =Misogyny.

It's real simple. ***** Grabber or a Woman? Binary choice.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think we can all agree that a woman should win in 2020 just so Scooby will S_T_F_U.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think we can all agree that a woman should win in 2020 just so Scooby will S_T_F_U.
                  No, by then he'll have correctly called, and have always been spot on in identifying that a woman would win the next POTUS election. Just like he always knew that Trump was going to win from the very start of the whole 2016 process.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Her book has zero relevance to the 2020 election.
                    Yeah IDK about that...

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      No, by then he'll have correctly called, and have always been spot on in identifying that a woman would win the next POTUS election. Just like he always knew that Trump was going to win from the very start of the whole 2016 process.
                      Aaaaaaaaand scene.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Yeah IDK about that...
                        Yeah, but she just threw the Bernie Bros wing of the Ds under the bus.
                        That's not going to help if she plans on printing "HRC in 2020" bumper stickers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hurt-clin...135139249.html
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Yeah, but she just threw the Bernie Bros wing of the Ds under the bus.
                          That's not going to help if she plans on printing "HRC in 2020" bumper stickers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hurt-clin...135139249.html
                          Lets see who takes the bait first...
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Observe the thread title. That post refers to two people who no longer exist.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Yo, 'dog, if the link was InfoWars, or ZeroHedge, it'd be bait. This is sad reality.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Observe the thread title. That post refers to two people who no longer exist.
                                They'll be haunting 2020 even if as nothing more than specters and shadows.

And if you don't believe me ...
                                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-12-2017, 01:54 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X