Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    No. Nice false equivalency though. How about liberals actually stand up and fight for something? We gotta quit with this high ground, intellectual BS and say "**** you, we're doing this, deal with it." These people don't want to debate, they just wanna kick and scream until they get their way. You can't just keep getting bullied around. They want a fight and I say we give it to them and shut them down hard.
    False equivalency how? Are you not advocating violence? You should learn what that means before parroting it.
    My main point here is that I don't believe you're actually going to shoot anyone. Claiming you are makes you no better than the Charlottesville marchers. It's stupid.
    The fact you agree with the desired social change outcomes of terrorists doesn't mean it's not terrorism. As the most basic understanding of history should make clear.
    Last edited by geezer; 09-04-2017, 07:48 PM.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Why are left-associated lone nutjob killers "terrorists", but right-associated lone nutjob killers are just "lone nutjob killers"?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Why are left-associated lone nutjob killers "terrorists", but right-associated lone nutjob killers are just "lone nutjob killers"?
        I think that particular distinction is only made of whatever TV network churns it out (Fox vs NBC?) The broader truth is that ANY violence that has a political aim is terrorism, regardless of what swamp it grew out of.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I'll say the same to you as I said to Gurt: if you accept the consequences of your actions, more power to you, and will support you. I don't agree with it, but it is your choice.
          You might not support it for long if such escalation follows a historical pattern that is very easy to foresee. This is a serious tipping point we're at. There is no "justified" violence, no matter how good it would feel in the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            You might not support it for long if such escalation follows a historical pattern that is very easy to foresee. This is a serious tipping point we're at. There is no "justified" violence, no matter how good it would feel in the moment.
            I never said it was justified. But if a person is willing to accept responsibility for their actions, depending on the case, I'm okay with that overall. I won't condone it, but will understand it. And yes, support it. It might make me a bad person, and I accept that. Like, if someone raped your daughter, and you went vigilante...have at it, hoss. I'm behind you. It's a flaw of mine, I admit.

I would never ADVISE to take such action, but if you did that on your own.....that sorta thing.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              False equivalency how? Are you not advocating violence? You should learn what that means before parroting it.
              My main point here is that I don't believe you're actually going to shoot anyone. Claiming you are makes you no better than the Charlottesville marchers. It's stupid.
              The fact you agree with the desired social change outcomes of terrorists doesn't mean it's not terrorism. As the most basic understanding of history should make clear.
              You're equating me with literal Nazis. Ya know, people who are advocating for the genocide of entire races right? This is the problem that has allowed these idiots to gather strength and how Trump got elected. At some point you have to draw a line and say "NO!" And this is why liberals lose all the *ing time, because they twist themselves into knots trying to get away from a fight.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                You're equating me with literal Nazis. Ya know, people who are advocating for the genocide of entire races right? This is the problem that has allowed these idiots to gather strength and how Trump got elected. At some point you have to draw a line and say "NO!" And this is why liberals lose all the *ing time, because they twist themselves into knots trying to get away from a fight.
                The anarchist/extreme antifa folks (make SURE you make that distinction from the mainstream antifa) are saying THEIR violence is ok, but the hate groups' violence are not. Nope. Not in my book. Violence is violence. Unprovoked violence (and you know what I mean) is uncalled for. Period. It doesn't solve anything.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Worked for Caesar
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    I guess FDR would be out then.
                    Well played.

I believe some of his staff admitted after his death that if the TV was more popular during his election, America never would have voted for a cripple.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I never said it was justified. But if a person is willing to accept responsibility for their actions, depending on the case, I'm okay with that overall. I won't condone it, but will understand it. And yes, support it. It might make me a bad person, and I accept that. Like, if someone raped your daughter, and you went vigilante...have at it, hoss. I'm behind you. It's a flaw of mine, I admit.

I would never ADVISE to take such action, but if you did that on your own.....that sorta thing.
                      If you support "it" and are okay with "it" you are by default condoning it and saying it's justified. You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        How about liberals actually stand up and fight for something? We gotta quit with this high ground, intellectual BS and say "**** you, we're doing this, deal with it."
                        If we're talking about antifa style fight, I gotta side with Geezer on this. That even if antifa has the moral high ground in simply opposing something heinous. As Wiki says in one example:

"Antifa protesters participated in the 2017 Berkeley protests on February 1, where they gained mainstream media attention, "throwing Molotov cocktails and smashing windows;" causing $100,000 worth of damage."

Here's the problem. The right gets punished due to Nazism and violence...and public opinion turns against them in terms of confederate monument removal and a hit to Trumps popularity. If the left also participates in violence, then the matter gets confused and causes apathy about who to support rather than unity against the right. Indeed Nixon appealed rather successfully to seniors who were sold on leftist violence.

I say give up any leftist violence to retain the public opinion unity against right wing extremism that has be created...and use it blunt the right and advance society as a whole.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Did you see Patton Oswalt's tweet offering any reporter $1000 to ask Trump what DACA stands for?
                          No but that is awesome
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            No but that is awesome
                            Heck, the PATRIOT Act.
                            Or countless other 'cutesy' named bills/laws.

None of those are on my radar, even after lasik. I think I'll go scuba diving. <-- Everyone get all three of those?
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

"Our commitment among the allies are ironclad," Mattis said. "Any threat to the United States or its territories, including Guam, or our allies will be met with a massive military response, a response both effective and overwhelming."
                              Jimmy was a "fire and fury" short of going full Trump.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

********* rescinded DACA today. I hope everyone is happy with their votes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/u...imes&smtyp=cur
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X