RIP Mary Gosek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Mary Gosek

Sad news to share that Mary Gosek, wife of Oswego coach Ed Gosek passed away this morning after a long, public and courageous battle with Ovarian Cancer. No other details to share at this time.
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Re: RIP Mary Gosek

The Laker Hockey family has lost it's brightest light. She treated her players like they were her own son's and she had such a passion and zest for life. I will miss her terribly. Rest in Peace Mary.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
      The Laker Hockey family has lost it's brightest light. She treated her players like they were her own son's and she had such a passion and zest for life. I will miss her terribly. Rest in Peace Mary.
      +1
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
        Sad news to share that Mary Gosek, wife of Oswego coach Ed Gosek passed away this morning after a long, public and courageous battle with Ovarian Cancer. No other details to share at this time.
        My deepest condolences to the Gosek family. Had the opportunity to meet and converse with her in Oswego this year . She was so pleasant to all of us PSU fans and seemed like such a fine lady. We shared a few jokes about our hockey rivalry. Sad news indeed.

Comment

I met Mary during the Norwich Tourny this yr what a ray of light,bright smile and personality she will be missed for sure.........

Comment

It was and still is a sad day as they say in the OZ. With the announcement of the passing of Coach Gosek's wife Mary. Mary was born and raised in Oswego. Her parents Bruce and Pat did a great job raising four daughters. You might ask what does this have to do with hockey. I will explain. Mary fought the cancer for five years, many of us have never seen anyone fight as hard as Mary did. Mary actually gave so much hope to all of us that have lost family members and friends to cancer. She would get chemotherapy during the week and somehow make it to Plattsburgh or Vermont to see the Lakers play on the weekend. There was a lot of metal in that girl. The players and their families loved her for her help and generous demeanor. She touched thousand of lives with her foundation to raise awareness of Ovarian cancer. Traveled to Washington , DC to speak and fight for money to help people with cancer. As I said she gave us hope that she could beat this disease.
            Last winter when Plattsburgh came to Oswego I saw the Cardinals coach Bob Embry come across the ice to shake Coach Gosek's hand and he looked up in the stands to Mary and pointed to his heart. Many of us that saw that were really touched. So in ending let me say that although Ed Gosek has been the Lakers coach for many years, Mary was the heart of the Lakers.

Comment

Oswego's Reunion is this week - some of us will be arriving a couple days early to pay our respects and say goodbye.

Mary E. Gosek, 55, a resident of the Town of Oswego, passed away Saturday morning at her home surrounded by her family.
              She was the daughter of Bruce and Patricia Celso Lester.
              Mary was the wife of Edward Gosek.
              She was a graduate of Oswego High School and Oswego State University.
              Mary was employed for 34 years as a Computer Program Analyst at Oswego State University until her recent retirement.
              She was the founder of Peaceful Remedies and was the President of the Oswego Chapter of Hope For Heather. Mary was an active member of the Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance.
              In addition to her parents and husband, Mary is survived by one daughter Sarah Gosek of Rochester, one son Jeremy Gosek of New York, NY, four sisters, Joan (Sean) Kesselring of Dewitt, Donna (Tom) Handley, Sara (Stephen) Davis and Susan (Andrew) DiBlasi all of Oswego.
              Funeral services will be held Wednesday 11:00AM in St. Joseph's Church. Burial will be in St. Peter's Cemetery. Calling hours are Tuesday 3-8PM at Dain-Cullinan Funeral Home.
              Mary's family would like to extend their thanks to Dr. Douglas Bunn and Dr. Thomas Hanna for the loving care they provided to Mary.
              Contributions may be made in Mary's memory to Peaceful Remedies, www.peacefulremediesoswego.com, Hope For Heather, www.hopeforheather.org, or Hockey Coaches Care, www.ahcahockey.com.
              Date of Death: June 3, 2017
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

https://oswegocountytoday.com/mary-e-gosek-55/
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  I met Mary during the Norwich Tourny this yr what a ray of light,bright smile and personality she will be missed for sure.........
                  I always enjoyed seeing Mary at an Oswego game. It just won't be the same anymore.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I never got a chance to meet Mary, but everybody I know who has met her had nothing but good things to say. My heart goes out to the Laker community for their loss.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

thanks for the info Lakont55 and Lou,she will be missed for sure........perhaps a patch or band to remember her this upcoming season??

Comment

Condolences to family and friends.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to the Gosek family.
                          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to Ed and the rest of Mary's family from Cardinal Country. I never met Mary, but I have conversed with Ed and have the utmost respect. My deepest condolences.
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Deepest Condolences to Coach Gosek and family. I am sure that all the players and students that Mrs. Gosek has helped and guided are better people because of her.
                              Oswego '88

Comment

Working...
                              X