Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

"Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." (Shawshank Redemption)

"I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only an old NMU fan can feel. An old NMU fan at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope we can make it to a WCHA Playoff Championship. I hope to see my friend the NCAA Playoffs and attend its games. I hope the NCAA Championship Trophy is a wonderful as it has been in my dreams. I hope." (Really bastardized Shawshank Redemption)
    "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Re: Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

I feel you. NMU had a hell of a run to end the year.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Not a peep about the coaching search.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
        Not a peep about the coaching search.
        Today (March 29) is the last day to submit your application. There's probably not much for the university to say until the search committee looks over all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
          Today (March 29) is the last day to submit your application. There's probably not much for the university to say until the search committee looks over all of them.
          Gotta love the rumor mill. I heard from 3 different people yesterday that they heard there were 40, 45 and 60 applications. Too funny.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Gotta love the rumor mill. I heard from 3 different people yesterday that they heard there were 40, 45 and 60 applications. Too funny.
            The rumour I heard was that they were going to launch an app and also install interactive keypads in each seat at the Berry, and let the fans make all the decisions since they seem to think they are the only ones who know how to fix the problems. Crowdsourced coaching, coming soon to NMU.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              The rumour I heard was that they were going to launch an app and also install interactive keypads in each seat at the Berry, and let the fans make all the decisions since they seem to think they are the only ones who know how to fix the problems. Crowdsourced coaching, coming soon to NMU.
              Actually, I heard that the interactive keypads will be installed at Lakeview, since that's where the "real" NMU fans still congregate because they hate the Berry.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                I've respectfully withdrawn my application. It would never have gotten past the HR department for me to get the satisfaction of having Forrest Karr audibly sigh when he read it and had to type up the rejection letter.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I knew I forgot to do something this week

Guess RaceBoarder ain't the one who is going to make NMU great again
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Actually, I heard that the interactive keypads will be installed at Lakeview, since that's where the "real" NMU fans still congregate because they hate the Berry.
                    Actually, I heard boot_walt_kyle will be the new coach, since he knows SO much...
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

An update on the head coach search:
                      http://www.miningjournal.net/sports/2017/04/coach-search-is-on-northern-michigan-university-committee-completing-initial-interviews-for-head-hockey-coach/
                      After 69 people applied for the position, a search committee from the university narrowed the list to 15 for video interviews and completed the last one Monday night.
                      Karr said that the finalists will not be named as several candidates have asked to remain confidential. He estimates the rest of the search process will take less than two weeks.

The committee is made up of former Wildcats head coach Rick Comley; Blue Line Club president Bob Cowell; former NMU hockey players Don Waddell, Dave Mogush, Dallas Drake, Jason Welch and Justin Florek; current Wildcat forward Zach Diamantoni; and faculty athletics representative Julie Rochester.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I've respectfully withdrawn my application. It would never have gotten past the HR department for me to get the satisfaction of having Forrest Karr audibly sigh when he read it and had to type up the rejection letter.
                        A rejection letter, ooh Mr. Fancy Pants.

You could the recession has started to boil in Alaska, got fired out of the blue last week, for no reason. Those were my bosses literal words, "no reason".
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

You could the recession has started to boil in Alaska, got fired out of the blue last week, for no reason. Those were my bosses literal words, "no reason".
                          I'm sorry to hear that. I went a couple of years without steady work, and I know how much it sucks.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

Jesus. I'm sorry. I too have been given a "no reason" layoff out of the blue, but that was six years ago. I truly feel bad for fans in Anchorage and Fairbanks for having to go through this rough time.

Sounds like Omaha and RPI got the guys they wanted for coaches. MSU is down to two. And NMU now whittles away at the remaining 15.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Jesus. I'm sorry. I too have been given a "no reason" layoff out of the blue, but that was six years ago. I truly feel bad for fans in Anchorage and Fairbanks for having to go through this rough time. Sounds like Omaha and RPI got the guys they wanted for coaches. MSU is down to two. And NMU now whittles away at the remaining 15.

Not sure RPI got who they wanted, look at their thread and not exactly happy but willing to give a chance.

I thought NMU has it narrowed down to LESS than 15 now? Implied that in the article. Found it interesting that NMU had 69 applicants seems high but don't really know, maybe that is typical.

Comment

Working...
                              X