Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    You might want to look at the "pop ups///blockers" thread on the men's forum which might help you with the issue you're experiencing.
    Thanks for the info. Checked it out but decided to do nothing since it is only happening on USCHO and it seems logical that they should fix their own site.

I've also had endless computer problems this year due to the shop not following my instructions on copying info from an old computer to a new one last December and I think (I'm hoping) that the problems are now over at last. Technologically speaking, I feel like Tex Cobb after he went 15 rounds with Larry Holmes. I've already got a pop up blocker built in to IE-11, for what that's worth, and looking at info on new ones and what you have to do to make sure you don't screw something else up and end up creating more problems than you had to begin with...well, all I see is Larry Holmes smiling face and the door opening for another 4 or 5 rounds.

I'm throwin' in the towel.

A man's got to know his limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      I'm throwin' in the towel.

A man's got to know his limitations.
      When it comes to computer issues my knowledge ceiling is middling, at best, also. Although (somehow) last week I was able to clean some malware that infected my machine, after I (stupidly) clicked on a link. After (unsuccessfully) trying Windows Defender I ended up downloading and running four or five different programs, one of which (?) did the trick. Wasted about an hour, but thankfully the malware is gone. As far as this site goes, it seems to be operating normally for me, using Google Chrome.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

When it comes to computer issues my knowledge ceiling is middling, at best, also. Although (somehow) last week I was able to clean some malware that infected my machine, after I (stupidly) clicked on a link. After (unsuccessfully) trying Windows Defender I ended up downloading and running four or five different programs, one of which (?) did the trick. Wasted about an hour, but thankfully the malware is gone. As far as this site goes, it seems to be operating normally for me, using Google Chrome.
        one of your first defenses should be not use uSoft IE, not that it is any better or worse than others, it is just that more people hate uSoft and hackerz tend to target the big guy (king o the hill)

second use your host file to block all this crap, what is a host file you ask?
        http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

lastly never click on any popup unless you are absolutely certain what it is

Comment

As far as this site goes, it seems to be operating normally for me, using Google Chrome.
          Yeah, I had my anti virus provider suggest that to me last week but the problem that I have with Chrome is that it apparently is even more intrusive/privacy invading than plain old vanilla Google...which is bad enough.

(For those looking to claim back their privacy from Google, out of principle if nothing else, DuckDuckGo is a good option as is Start Page, although Start Page has some drawbacks for the excellent privacy it guarantees).

Comment

How did SHU do against Team China yesterday? Looks like China is at Princeton tonight. Not really sure this question falls under the DI scores...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              Yeah, I had my anti virus provider suggest that to me last week but the problem that I have with Chrome is that it apparently is even more intrusive/privacy invading than plain old vanilla Google...which is bad enough.

(For those looking to claim back their privacy from Google, out of principle if nothing else, DuckDuckGo is a good option as is Start Page, although Start Page has some drawbacks for the excellent privacy it guarantees).
              Seconded that Chrome has given me no issues on USCHO so far.

I could not possibly care less if Google has all my information. Let Google take over the world for all I care, at least we would be living in a very convenient dystopia.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Using a hosts file is a good solution although that tends to head into the advanced user area and just like disabling JavaScript, it is a band aid for what is really the responsibility of whoever is in charge of the security of this website. They should fix it.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Welcome to the new USCHO Technology Forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                    How did SHU do against Team China yesterday? Looks like China is at Princeton tonight. Not really sure this question falls under the DI scores...
                    Was wondering that myself. Not posted anywhere that I could find.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
                      Was wondering that myself. Not posted anywhere that I could find.
                      Spoke with some surly battle-ax from the athletic dept at Sacre Coeur, who genuinely sounded irritated i was inquiring about the women's game vs. China.
                      They told me to look it up on the web site. Me: it's not there. Oh. They thought about it, then told me the game was close for the first 2 periods before China scored "3 or 4" in the third. So what was the final score? They said they'd call back when they found out....haven't heard back since. That's all I got, gang!

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                        They thought about it, then told me the game was close for the first 2 periods before China scored "3 or 4" in the third.
                        That's hilarious!!! You could come away with the impression they probably lost.

That is some intrepid reporting you did there

Comment

Would be interesting to know if the former National team members and Raty played in the SH game as they did vs Brown (Box score for China's game vs. St. Anselms reflects all of those players missing)

Comment

• Tonight's only women's hockey game is on ESPN3! And professional dodgeball is on "the ocho."

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              Tonight's only women's hockey game is on ESPN3! And professional dodgeball is on "the ocho."
                              Wow....almost no one in the stands for QU-BU tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockytop View Post
                                Wow....almost no one in the stands for QU-BU tonight.
                                I should hope not, there's no one playing at BU today...
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X