Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    Every other country on earth already figured this out.
    Every other country* on Earth also uses the Metric System. Doesn't make it right, does it?

* Except Myanmar and Liberia.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Supreme Court lifted restrictions on the travel ban...

For now they overruled the lower courts rulings...they are hearing a consolidated case next month challenging. No chance though they stop it.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Every other country* on Earth also uses the Metric System. Doesn't make it right, does it?

* Except Myanmar and Liberia.
        I may hate the metric system, but it makes way more sense than the crap we use...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I may hate the metric system, but it makes way more sense than the crap we use...
          The metric system is better for science. But a foot can be divided by 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, and 1/6ths and come out with an even number of inches, that's the beauty of a base 12 system. 1/3 of a meter is .33333 meters, or 3.3333 decimeters, or 33.333 centimeters. 1/3 of a foot is 4 inches.

Fahrenheit is also better for every day living than Celsius; 0-100 in Fahrenheit encompasses most every day temperatures. 0-100 in Celsius covers the range of liquid water.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            The proper misuse of hyperbole there, would be "Orwellian". No one over the age of 25 should take that delusional old bat and her drab, over-long fondling of the entitled, white, male nerd's superhero complex seriously.
            Paging Paul Ryan. Paul Ryan to the white courtesy phone.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              No way a CEO should be paid $45MM when the workers are being laid off.
              That's why the CEO is getting paid 45MM. Do you not understand our capitalist system?

Comment

The Brits and Aussies have this too. A friend of mine fell seriously ill during a study abroad program in Australia. The hospital there actually gave her the treatment reserved for people with the private health insurance because they were refurbishing some of the standard care rooms and since she was American, she wasn't going to have any family visitors to help cheer her up.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

According to the companies, the CEOs aren't getting paid $45MM, because that would be illegal for the past 20+ years to pay someone more than $1MM in cash, annually.

Stock options cost the company next to nothing to create, but that's where the CEO gets its big payouts.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    According to the companies, the CEOs aren't getting paid $45MM, because that would be illegal for the past 20+ years to pay someone more than $1MM in cash, annually.

Stock options cost the company next to nothing to create, but that's where the CEO gets its big payouts.
                    It's not illegal to pay a CEO more than $1m/year, but the company can only deduct $1m/year of the CEO's salary. Most (all?) major CEO's make more than $1m/year.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      It's not illegal to pay a CEO more than $1m/year, but the company can only deduct $1m/year of the CEO's salary. Most (all?) major CEO's make more than $1m/year.
                      Yeah, I mistyped at first and forgot to make the change after seeing my mistake.

Comment

Remind me again which party you vote for...
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          As long as they're God-fearing Christians though, it's ok. Those immoral libbies are gonna be the ruin of society as we know it.

Comment

The anti-choice party. That's all that matters.

Comment

Abortion > everything else. Even if no one is forced to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Abortion > everything else. Even if no one is forced to have one.
                                thus abortion, which they don't really give a **** about, is used to convince people to vote against their own interests so the GOP can funnel more money to the wealthy. Does Joe realize he's being used?

Comment

Working...
                                X