Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

State is horrible, in both hockey and football. Just horrible. When does bball season start?
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

I chuckled at goalies name looking like "let them in"

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        Who on earth made Holland an alternate captain? He had an amazing stat line last night: -2, 21 PIM and a game DQ. He also lost the fight he started.
        This one's on the coach. It was his call. And I'm with you ... I'm mystified.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
          So, is this a D1 quality hockey team? Even a bad one?

Color me concerned about goaltending.
          We could probably beat some of the teams in the lower-third of Atlantic Hockey.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            This one's on the coach. It was his call. And I'm with you ... I'm mystified.
            I literally have no clue what you do with the kid now. He's a liability because of his lack of composure.

Seemingly every night he plays, he good for at least one penalty because of his temper.

On top of that, he's all bark and no bite. He is a terrible enforcer. Every time he gets challenged, he disintegrates like tissue paper in a rain storm.
            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

It feels like we're already at some sort of tipping point. With all of the calls for Anastos getting canned last season and Hollis having to go out on a limb to defend and retain him, how do they justify that opening weekend?

The tipping point is that this next series is against Denver, who stands a likely chance of picking us up and throwing us like a football over yonder mountains. With all of the doubt about the program, could 2 horrible weekends to start this season cause the team and the fans to give up in October? That had to have been a very humbling experience up in the Soo for a group that is probably already as humble as a team can be.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                I literally have no clue what you do with the kid now. He's a liability because of his lack of composure.

Seemingly every night he plays, he good for at least one penalty because of his temper.

On top of that, he's all bark and no bite. He is a terrible enforcer. Every time he gets challenged, he disintegrates like tissue paper in a rain storm.
                There's something to be said for what he endured physically early as a Spartan. Head injuries can - in many instances - change a person's zeal for "walking the walk" when it comes to being physical, let alone willingness to give up your body to make a play. Not a good combination without showing a little self control.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I feel bad for you guys. I really do.
                  I don't.
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    I don't.
                    As much as I have enjoyed their awfulness, I'm getting kind of tired of games that we don't win being PWR anchors. I had to take a walk after that one loss last year because I was so angry.

We've only clean swept them once in recent memory (2008-09). Hard to beat a team every single time you play them in this sport.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      As much as I have enjoyed their awfulness, I'm getting kind of tired of games that we don't win being PWR anchors. I had to take a walk after that one loss last year because I was so angry.

We've only clean swept them once in recent memory (2008-09). Hard to beat a team every single time you play them in this sport.
                      Hey - anything we can do to act as a pwr millstone to that program, we will oblige.

You are welcome.

Comment

Article about 2017 commit F David Keefer here.

Comment

So, any predictions for this weekend? Improved? Pain?

I will not be able to attend Friday's game as I will be doing something I know will be awesome rather than potentially excruciating. I will be keeping close watch of a game fracker on my phone, though. The last time I did that, I watched LSSU go up 4-0 in a period while I watched the football team unravel directly in front of me.

I am not sure what to expect. Rough games happen but both of them?That usually means one team is not ready for the level of competition and Denver is likely much stronger than LSSU. If we can keep these games competitive I will consider them a W. I noticed that 5 of 6 defenseman Saturday were freshman. That is a recipe for disaster if i'be ever seen one.

Fri: 4-2 Denver
                          Saturday: 8-2 Denver

Saturday gets away from us.

Edit: heh, game "fracker." Extracting the stats gasses from the game.
                          Last edited by Pirateasaur; 10-19-2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                            So, any predictions for this weekend? Improved? Pain?

I will not be able to attend Friday's game as I will be doing something I know will be awesome rather than potentially excruciating. I will be keeping close watch of a game fracker on my phone, though. The last time I did that, I watched LSSU go up 4-0 in a period while I watched the football team unravel directly in front of me.

I am not sure what to expect. Rough games happen but both of them?That usually means one team is not ready for the level of competition and Denver is likely much stronger than LSSU. If we can keep these games competitive I will consider them a W. I noticed that 5 of 6 defenseman Saturday were freshman. That is a recipe for disaster if i'be ever seen one.

Fri: 4-2 Denver
                            Saturday: 8-2 Denver

Saturday gets away from us.

Edit: heh, game "fracker." Extracting the stats gasses from the game.
                            The National Anthem will be beautiful, then it's downhill from there.

I predict there will be lots and lots of rotating red lights. I predict boos. Then booze. People who want to smoke cigarettes will not be able to. About the 3rd period, concessions will report record-low sales. As for on the ice, one or two Spartans will be shown the gate and won't dress for the next game. Some guy named Wright will get a chance to snag some rubber. The synchro team will receive the loudest cheers.

Comment

Thank goodness Ron Mason can't see all this
                              "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                The National Anthem will be beautiful, then it's downhill from there.

I predict there will be lots and lots of rotating red lights. I predict boos. Then booze. People who want to smoke cigarettes will not be able to. About the 3rd period, concessions will report record-low sales. As for on the ice, one or two Spartans will be shown the gate and won't dress for the next game. Some guy named Wright will get a chance to snag some rubber. The synchro team will receive the loudest cheers.
                                I am not sure why Wright has been automatically slotted as 3rd goalie. He came from the USHL like lethemon did, right? Maybe Minnie and Lethemon had very little help last weekend but we're not going to win hardly any games if our goalie's can't break .800 save% no matter how good the team infront of them is.

Remember some of those games back in '09 when teams like Miami would just absolutely beat the hell out of us and toy with us? I worry that is what this weekend has in store except now we don't have Lerg to stop 50 shots to make the score look somewhat respectable.

Comment

Working...
                                X