Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      My brother is flying home tonight. Flight lands in a half hour. Waiting for him to call me when his flight lands so i can go pick him up. And I’m starting to fall asleep. Hope his flight is on time! I told him i was going to pick him up in my pajamas.
      Do they have bunny feet?

Good Morning Lodge!
      Afternoon mook!
      Last edited by leswp1; 11-16-2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        387.0 miles to go.
        345.0 miles to go. Last ride until at least next Tuesday.
        The last four days I have done the exact same ride and surprisingly my bike computer gave the same distance to the nearest 0.1 mile.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Yep, I have a strategery. Empty stomach, going to break the chip in half before basically slamming it in my mouth (no lip touching, hopefully no tip of the tongue touching), plugging my nose when I eat the chip (smell affects taste). I've had the ghost pepper before, with no ill effects; this is a different beast, but at least I have some experience in hot stuff.

That being said, I still don't know how my body will react to this. I will say I most likely will have many tears and sweat, after that....who knows?
          Well, you better suck it ****ing up, I put my $5 on you. I also have no faith in any of you fools, and picked a time of 1:38.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

s’upp y’all
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Well, you better suck it ****ing up, I put my $5 on you. I also have no faith in any of you fools, and picked a time of 1:38.
              If you win, I hear a bottle of Black Gold is in the cards for you. I will hopefully be contributing a bottle of some variant of Insight's Gravity Well.

I also plan on "pre-gaming" with a glass of milk right before the contest; get a coating in the ol' stomach. Kristin Bell (actress) dumped her milk out. That vid is easily found on youtube. On the other hand, Michael Pena (actor) said, "This is f*ing hot, and I'm Mexican!"

Mookie will be happy that I put a lot of points on Pittsburgh in the confidence pool I'm in. So far, so good.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Milk does **** all. Get something like sour cream or whole milk yogurt.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Milk does **** all. Get something like sour cream or whole milk yogurt.
                  Speaking from experience, milk does wonders. So does table sugar. Just down a spoonful of that, and it helps the after-effects of heat. Yes, sour cream and whole milk yogurt will do the trick. Dairy kills heat.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Speaking from experience, milk does wonders. So does table sugar. Just down a spoonful of that, and it helps the after-effects of heat. Yes, sour cream and whole milk yogurt will do the trick. Dairy kills heat.
                    It is the fat in the dairy that helps detach the capsaicin molecules from the receptors that trigger the burning effect. That's why things like water, bread, and skim or 1% milk are basically worthless when it comes to serious heat. Alton Brown had a whole segment on Good Eats about this years ago, though it's a bit dated since the habanero is no longer even close to being the world's hottest chile. Sugar does help as well, and capsaicin is alcohol-soluble, but you'd basically have to swish and gargle with 150+ proof liquor for it to be of much help (beer is, of course, mostly H2O, which is why it doesn't work).

Comment

Brent is correct. Any dairy product contains a protein named casein, which binds nicely to the capsaicin molecule and pulls it off of your tongue's pain receptors. In addition, both capsaicin and milk are non-polar, which allows the capsaicin to dissolve in milk, whereas it does not dissolve in polar compounds such as water.

So to sum up, the casein protein binds to the capsaicin and pulls it into the milk, where it dissolves and is washed away.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        s’upp y’all
                        Thinking the same dam thing.

Comment

At the time, the hottest natural sauce was 99%, IIRC. Learned the dairy trick rather quickly.
                          https://sep.yimg.com/ay/hotsauceworl...e-3-75oz-2.gif

99% habenero, 1% salt/vinegar

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
                            Brent is correct. Any dairy product contains a protein named casein, which binds nicely to the capsaicin molecule and pulls it off of your tongue's pain receptors. In addition, both capsaicin and milk are non-polar, which allows the capsaicin to dissolve in milk, whereas it does not dissolve in polar compounds such as water.

So to sum up, the casein protein binds to the capsaicin and pulls it into the milk, where it dissolves and is washed away.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
                            Which is why you want heavy dairy products like sour cream or cheese. Milk contains so much water that it’s far less effective than soemthing with a much higher casein content. Low percent milk is made up of almost all water. Cheese and sour cream aren’t.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Which is why you want heavy dairy products like sour cream or cheese. Milk contains so much water that it’s far less effective than soemthing with a much higher casein content. Low percent milk is made up of almost all water. Cheese and sour cream aren’t.
                              The only part where we all disagreed with you is that "Milk does * all." It DOES do good. Not AS good as other things, but it does do good.

Comment

Milk in general is about 87% water, but that water is homogenized with the lipids present, resulting in a non-polar environment. That's what allows dairy to "wash away" the capsaicin, and the thickness of the dairy product is irrelevant to that.

Higher fat content might create a "coating" mouthfeel sensation, giving the illusion of more protection, but it isn't any more effective at binding and removing capsaicin.
                                Last edited by Armadillo; 11-16-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X