X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Only a Gopher fan would b_tch about that call and I know you're better than that.

That's the recipe right there. Pucks to the net followed by bodies to the net.

Keep it up.
    It was a good call. But that doesn't mean we can't use the excuse card.

Comment

Better execution in our own zone tonight, so that's good.

Gotta figure out a way to generate more offense though.

We have a ways to go, but still inching in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
        Awful 5 minute major call.
        Elbow to the head into the boards is not 5 minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Better execution in our own zone tonight, so that's good.

Gotta figure out a way to generate more offense though.

We have a ways to go, but still inching in the right direction.
          Offense was a struggle for sure tonight. The forecheck needs to be better.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
            Keep your head up and it wouldn’t happen. **** his head was like the nose tip of a fighter jet. It’s gonna be the first point of contact every time you skate like that.

Comment

On Inamoto's penalty, isn't that contact-to-the-head call a major and misconduct? (i.e. the same way icing is a defensive zone faceoff with no line change, hooking is 2 minutes, etc...it's the rule, if I'm not mistaken.) I don't think it was really malicious or predatory (didn't look like he launched up into the opponent's head), but it's definitely something he has to avoid (and could have). That was my thought after seeing the replay. It's unfortunate, but it's not like he didn't do it.

Comment

Overall....boy oh boy wowee! I'm so happy the Dhooghe brothers got to have their first goals in the same games. Both go-ahead goals, too! If only the Badgers had stayed ahead :/

Also, maybe I just got too used to watching last year's bad-across-the-board Big Ten goaltending, but Hayton has been so valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post

Your boy turning at the last second is the reason that the point of contact was the head.

No intent on the Badger's part.

I don't have a big problem with the call, but it wasn't a no-doubter.

Run along now.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    Overall....boy oh boy wowee! I'm so happy the Dhooghe brothers got to have their first goals in the same games. Both go-ahead goals, too! If only the Badgers had stayed ahead :/

Also, maybe I just got too used to watching last year's bad-across-the-board Big Ten goaltending, but Hayton has been so valuable.
                    Hayton seems like the keeper that will push this team to the NCAA's this year.

Having said that, I don't think they have the experience to push for a title this year, but it's going to be fun to watch them (I hope that I'm wrong though.)
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      On Inamoto's penalty, isn't that contact-to-the-head call a major and misconduct? (i.e. the same way icing is a defensive zone faceoff with no line change, hooking is 2 minutes, etc...it's the rule, if I'm not mistaken.) I don't think it was really malicious or predatory (didn't look like he launched up into the opponent's head), but it's definitely something he has to avoid (and could have). That was my thought after seeing the replay. It's unfortunate, but it's not like he didn't do it.
                      Crap. I thought there was a 2 minute contact to the head penalty. Just looked in the rule book and you are right. Must be the NHL where it’s 2 minutes.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

The Good:

Four goals from the 3rd and 4th line guys on the weekend. Getting offense from those guys is a really big deal going forward.

We were much, much better at breaking out without hesitation. Guys either moved the puck or their feet and got it going the other way. Can't say enough about how well the 5 D played as a group. Probably the Seniors best game as they both were very good on D, and also got pucks to the net on the other end. Really can't say enough about Ess. 6 months ago he was playing high school hockey and expecting to come in and be a 7th guy. It's a huge step and he's handled it so well. He looks better every week. Says a lot about his skills and his mental ability.

Wagner was a beast.

Hayton was very good tonight. He was great on the trip out east, and I felt like he was fighting it a little since. Probably wants that last one back, but it was an odd play, and holding Sue to two should be enough. He was awesome in the shootout. Love how he came out and challenged.

That was a heck of a hockey game to watch.

The Bad:

Tough on Inamoto as he was just moving aggressively to wall off the puck. Siouxsies head just was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But it's on the aggressor and is going to be called pretty much every time.

The Big Guns --> Hughes, Frederic, Wagner, Malone, Johnson, Weissbach, combine for ZERO points in 125 minutes of hockey. For me the frustration of that can be best summed up in one play in the third. Frederic, possessor of one of the best wrist shots in college hockey, gets it on the wing with Wags charging to the post on a 2 on 1 and it results in Trent eating the puck. Aaargh! But that's kind of the way it went all weekend for all those guys. They just couldn't quite make the plays.

All in all what could have been a big boost toward respect and the PWR seemed just inches beyond the boy's grasp all weekend. But it's a great learning opportunity, and if they take advantage, they can take a big step forward.
                        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-05-2017, 09:30 AM.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                          Keep your head up and it wouldn’t happen. **** his head was like the nose tip of a fighter jet. It’s gonna be the first point of contact every time you skate like that.

Comment

Yeah, c'mon guys... Again, please keep it monosyllabic when addressing siouxsie or it's confusing.

Just use four letter words.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

You’ll never guess who let the Sioux just waltz into the zone on an odd man rush seconds before tying the game at 2. I’ll give you a hint: he’s a senior and he wears #10.

Comment

My recollection is 10 diving to block a shot on the rush, then jumping up and springing the puck loose in the corner on the zone entry before Sue's second goal.

But whatever, Tony, Oz, and Strobie played #10 30 minutes on Saturday. (and 25 every game) Hmm... I wonder why they do that?
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X