X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    For reasons I fail to understand, folks here are ready to poo-poo guys who, while undersized by NHL standards, are reported to be "very fast", "tenacious, with a "tremendous work ethic, and outstanding skill-set.." We have enough size at forward with Bourbannais and Zalewski coming in, adding a kid with more speed to go along with Rogic and Schroeder is a net gain in my book.
    While having a ton of speed is nice, it really doesnt help unless you have some goal scorers/snipers mixed in who can put the puck in the net on a consistent basis like Polacek/Tapper/Cavosie, etc... Ill be honest, im a bit nervous about our scoring depth again next season with the players we have returning and while Zalewski has put up good numbers in the BCHL this season, I really hope we arent over hyping him like we did with someone else last summer....

Im praying this year was just a fluke and everything will turn out ok for 2012-13.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      While having a ton of speed is nice, it really doesnt help unless you have some goal scorers/snipers mixed in who can put the puck in the net on a consistent basis like Polacek/Tapper/Cavosie, etc... Ill be honest, im a bit nervous about our scoring depth again next season with the players we have returning and while Zalewski has put up good numbers in the BCHL this season, I really hope we arent over hyping him like we did with someone else last summer....

Im praying this year was just a fluke and everything will turn out ok for 2012-13.
      I have had the same thought about Zalewski, but I try to remain optimistic.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

After this season, I am not going to try to evaluate what the recruits will do in there fresheman year in Troy.
        I think that we have the potential for scoring in Schroeder, Haggerty and even Laliberte next year. But the incoming guys have a lot to learn.
        The three players I mentioned have shown that they can play at this level, now they have to bring that to the next level.
        As for size, you need a good mix. I like big defensemen and power forwards. Small swift forwards to go along with that will make playing us very difficult.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          After this season, I am not going to try to evaluate what the recruits will do in there fresheman year in Troy.
          I think that we have the potential for scoring in Schroeder, Haggerty and even Laliberte next year. But the incoming guys have a lot to learn.
          The three players I mentioned have shown that they can play at this level, now they have to bring that to the next level.
          As for size, you need a good mix. I like big defensemen and power forwards. Small swift forwards to go along with that will make playing us very difficult.
          And you need players who can put the puck in the net consistantly with a system that supoorts creativity on offense.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Their likely opponent Don Bosco Prep plays today-against a very good Christian Brothers Academy team who could be real trouble for them. The finals were scheduled for Friday 2/24 originally but I think they have been either moved or were incorrectly posted earlier and are now scheduled for Saturday 2/25.
            Don Bosco Prep did defeat CBA yesterday 4-1, so Delbarton will be playing them for the Gordon Cup Championship on Saturday.

Saturday is also the final regular season game for Gunnery Prep. If they qualify for the playoffs, they will likely be placed in the Piatelli/Simmons Tournament for small schools, with a single quarterfinal game on Wed. 2/29. The semifinals and finals are on 3/3-4 in Salem, NH.

Comment

Highlights from Vaughan's first playoff game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0x0Y...ature=youtu.be. Travis Fulton's (21 white) SHG starts at about 2:50. He's on the video a lot of other times. He certainly isn't tall.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                Don Bosco Prep did defeat CBA yesterday 4-1, so Delbarton will be playing them for the Gordon Cup Championship on Saturday.

Saturday is also the final regular season game for Gunnery Prep. If they qualify for the playoffs, they will likely be placed in the Piatelli/Simmons Tournament for small schools, with a single quarterfinal game on Wed. 2/29. The semifinals and finals are on 3/3-4 in Salem, NH.
                I had thought CBA would do a little better against Don Bosco. They are probably the third or fourth best prep school team around here. The final between Delbarton and Don Bosco has been expected since the early part of the season. A little different with the public schools. There have been a few upsets in the tournaments and anything can happen once we get to the state championships. I still have hopes for our local Brick squad which has suddenly found their scoring touch.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  And you need players who can put the puck in the net consistantly with a system that supoorts creativity on offense.
                  Amen!
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    OK, I've had enough. Folks here are gripping the stick a bit too tight when it comes to Fulton. For the love of gawd can we please all EXHALE.

Here's a few tidbit's from CH's 2012 List. Stop me when you'd throw ANY of these kids to the curb:
                    ONT/ E. CAN
                    Spink Brothers Cornwall Colgate 5'9 155
                    Jeff DiNallo Newmarket Clarkson 5'7 160
                    Drake Cagglina Stouffville North Dakota 5'7 175

BCHL
                    Evan Richardson Powell Rvr. Boston College 5'7 150
                    Travis St. Denis Penticton Quinnipiac 5'7 150
                    Mike Reilly Penticton Minnesota 5'9 150
                    John Knisley Vernon Cornell 5'9 160

For reasons I fail to understand, folks here are ready to poo-poo guys who, while undersized by NHL standards, are reported to be "very fast", "tenacious, with a "tremendous work ethic, and outstanding skill-set.." We have enough size at forward with Bourbannais and Zalewski coming in, adding a kid with more speed to go along with Rogic and Schroeder is a net gain in my book.
                    Well said! Polacek was not much bigger, if you recall.

Comment

John Gilmore (D) who visited RPI earlier in the year has committed to Providence...http://www.ushl.com/news.php?action=detail&news_id=747
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

On Friday, the Youngstown Phantoms lost to the Lincoln Stars 4-3 (1-0) in a shootout. Chris Bradley had an assist. http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1660403

Bradley's line is now 39-5-10-15-8.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders defeated the USNTDP U17 team 8-1. Riley Bourbonnais had an assist. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1660401

Bourbonnais' line is now 37-10-13-23-12.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Des Moines Buccaneers defeated the Sioux City Musketeers 3-1. Jason Kasdorf did not play. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1660397

Kasdorf's line is now 28-10-13-3-3.56-.892.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Dubuque Fighting Saints defeated the Waterloo Black Hawks 3-2. Milos Bubela had an assist and a hooking penalty. http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1660402

Bubela's line is now 13-3-7-10-2.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Omaha Lancers defeated the Fargo Forces 4-1. Mark Miller did not dress. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1660399

Miller's line is now 43-7-4-11-30.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X