This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    All three have ties to Wisconsin...talent wise I would think there was talent in place NOT as bare as the one inherited by RG & Staff. But that Coaching change has made a difference @ Wisconsin. While @ Maine we seem to be going downwards making no progress or accountability, with no Leadership. (imo)
    Both goals were scored by freshmen last night. That is an encouraging sign. It's to bad some of the goaltending Maine has gotten against BU and Providence they wouldn't have gotten against UNH or Colgate.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
      Yes a player can't use their hand to move the puck during a faceoff but can use their skates. Additionally IIHF rules don't allow using skates either.
      Bottom line it was the right call...and again a ill timed penalty that came back and bit the Maine again. And in IIHF you have to touch the puck first with your stick then you can use your skate.

Comment

On another note, why was Malcolm Hayes in the lineup? What does he bring to the table that we haven't seen already...maybe he's the guy that RG sends to the Box when they have too many men on the ice penalty's. I don't see him improving Maine's chances on the ice at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
          Yes a player can't use their hand to move the puck during a faceoff but can use their skates. Additionally IIHF rules don't allow using skates either.
          Either way it was a costly penalty
          Maine hasn't beaten PC in 4 years so its no big shock they lost. If I was going to bet on a result tonight, Maine gets smoked. Hopefully Rob can keep them in it tonight and they can get a win or a tie. I wouldn't bet on it though
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            On another note, why was Malcolm Hayes in the lineup? What does he bring to the table that we haven't seen already...maybe he's the guy that RG sends to the Box when they have too many men on the ice penalty's. I don't see him improving Maine's chances on the ice at all.
            You can say that about the whole 4th line, someone has to take Fossiers spot

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              You can say that about the whole 4th line, someone has to take Fossiers spot
              Is Gibson hurt? He was playing good at one point but seems to have disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Is Gibson hurt? He was playing good at one point but seems to have disappeared.
                Not sure, didn't notice him last night.

Comment

Not sure, didn't notice him last night.
                  I don't think he was in the lineup, not sure if he's hurt or something else.

Comment

I don't think he was in the lineup, not sure if he's hurt or something else.
                    Not sure either. I'd guess coach is sitting him. I thought he was best player on ice a few games, disappears in others.only change tonight is Hoglund in on 4th line

Comment

Not sure either. I'd guess coach is sitting him. I thought he was best player on ice a few games, disappears in others.only change tonight is Hoglund in on 4th line
                      For Pappalardo.

Lacroix dumped the puck into the corner on a 3x2 and it more or less sums up the season.

Comment

Hoglund on the 4th line is a waste...he's more a offensive type player. Some players are not fit for checking and grinding, after watching Hoglund I would think on the 2nd/3rd line would be a better fit for Maine and #26.

Comment

For Pappalardo.

Lacroix dumped the puck into the corner on a 3x2 and it more or less sums up the season.
                          This rigid game plan of dump and chase is driving me nuts.

Where has Fossier been? Hurt? Or just benched. Seems he hasnt been effective since he took a hard run in with the boards a while ago. Lowell or vermont game?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                            This rigid game plan of dump and chase is driving me nuts.

Where has Fossier been? Hurt? Or just benched. Seems he hasnt been effective since he took a hard run in with the boards a while ago. Lowell or vermont game?
                            Fossier is hurt.

The weekend went like we thought. They simply arent as good as other HE teams. Pearson had another goal, that's nice. I guess Robbins scored on penalty shot ( that's a real shocker). 11 or 12th place, about where most thought. Sucks

Comment

Fossier is hurt.

The weekend went like we thought. They simply arent as good as other HE teams. Pearson had another goal, that's nice. I guess Robbins scored on penalty shot ( that's a real shocker). 11 or 12th place, about where most thought. Sucks
                              For sure. I thought 10 wins at the beginning of the season, then became a little more optimistic and thought 50% could happen. Just dilusional. No more wins this season is very likely.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                                For sure. I thought 10 wins at the beginning of the season, then became a little more optimistic and thought 50% could happen. Just dilusional. No more wins this season is very likely.
                                Glad I didn't buy into 50% They might win another game then again Unless they do it in the playoffs who cares. FORE!

The best we can hope for is a UNH Maine playoff series, most likely lose that also

Comment

Working...
                                X