This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
    Wowww, what can you say about Providence and Lacasse. It felt like they were on the PK the entire 3rd period. What a game.
    Three 5 on 3s and the Huskies could not find the back of the net. Amazing performance by Lacasse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
      Three 5 on 3s and the Huskies could not find the back of the net. Amazing performance by Lacasse.
      Truly amazing!!! . Awesome job, Friars!

Comment

• Re: This Week in Hockey East

BU 5 BC 2 Final

Comment

I'm starting to think playing in the quarters is a huge advantage. I mean when has the #1 and #2 seed met for the title ever since the new format started?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
            I'm starting to think playing in the quarters is a huge advantage. I mean when has the #1 and #2 seed met for the title ever since the new format started?
            That's what I said last year. I also think it has a huge advantage. Only one game out of six (over the last three years) has the bye team beat the team that played in the quarterfinal (). (the frowney face was because BC (bye team) beat PC (qf team) last year, but they did take them to 13 minutes into OT before Stack scored).

Comment

• Originally posted by scrambledlegs View Post
              That's what I said last year. I also think it has a huge advantage. Only one game out of six (over the last three years) has the bye team beat the team that played in the quarterfinal (). (the frowney face was because BC (bye team) beat PC (qf team) last year, but they did take them to 13 minutes into OT before Stack scored).
              I would not be surprised to see the playoffs expanded to 8 teams next year just for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by scrambledlegs View Post
                I would not be surprised to see the playoffs expanded to 8 teams next year just for this reason.
                Same, two weeks off is a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                  There may be more potential advantage in a bye week if the #1 and #2 seeds were facing teams that played two or potentially three games the week before. Because the lower seeds only play once, they are well rested coming into the semis as well, and the rust factor is not mitigated as much by the absence of first-round wear and tear.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    There may be more potential advantage in a bye week if the #1 and #2 seeds were facing teams that played two or potentially three games the week before. Because the lower seeds only play once, they are well rested coming into the semis as well, and the rust factor is not mitigated as much by the absence of first-round wear and tear.
                    In addition, the lower seeds have the mental benefit of having to win to advance so they are more prepared for the next step.

I did go back and check the records and I was both right and wrong For some reason, 2009 is forever blocked out of my mind so all my stats forget that year. That year, the 1st and 2nd seeds to play in the finals - that was UNH and BC (and truth be told, no number of bye weeks would have held back UNH)

Since Quarterfinals were implemented:
                    2009 #1 Seed (UNH) vs #2 Seed (BC)
                    2010 #3 Seed (BU) vs #5 Seed (UConn)
                    2011 #2 Seed (BC) vs #5 Seed (NU)
                    2012 #3 Seed (BU) vs #4 Seed (PC)

Comment

1. Hockey East may have to look at eliminating the bye week and just having the quarterfinals be on a Wednesday or Thursday night. Or perhaps just have the whole tournament on Fri-Sat-Sun (if the men can do it for the Final Five...)... It's becoming a clear trend that it's having an adverse effect on the higher-seeded teams now that you look at the results since 2009.

2. Is there any live stream of this overtime game or are we gonna have to rely on twitter/live box scores due to the NESN tape delay
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

wtbu sports has live radio, I think. video stream is not free.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                          Sat 02/25/12 Maine at Providence 2:00 p.m. Hockey East Quarterfinal
                          Sun 02/26/12 New Hampshire at Boston University 3:00 p.m. Hockey East Quarterfinal

Sat 03/03/12 Providence vs Northeastern 12:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)
                          Sat 03/03/12 [Boston University vs Boston College 3:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)

Sun 03/04/12 Boston University vs Providence1:00 p.m. Hockey East Championship (Hyannis, MA)
                          Going to go ahead and give myself a pat on the back for this bracket. No big deal .

Comment

I will officially confirm you the winner Runner-up awards go to Slewfoot, OnMaa and Puckskillz for also picking BU to win (against Northeastern).

Thanks for playing

Comment

I'm pretty sure I got every single game wrong.

Every single one.

hahaha
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                I'm pretty sure I got every single game wrong.

Every single one.

hahaha
                                A BU championship is not conducive to a good picks contest for you. However, perfection of this magnitude, even in the wrong direction, is not easily achieved. Bravo, sir!
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X