UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

I wonder what kind of viewership this series would get on NHL Network. I think hockey fans tune in to the channel enough that some commercials with the classic moments and discussion during NHL Tonight would definitely get some neutral fans to tune in. I don't watch ESPN at all, so I would never see commercials despite that being a huge network. But I tune into random CHL games when they're on NHLN.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      Say what? Got them from a friend who isn't out to make a buck. The rivalry is as strong as ever and Friday and Saturday will prove that. Your post made no sense whatsoever
      The rivalry is dead. Gopher fans have moved on.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        Moved onto Penn St where they produced 2000 fans for a game eh. Doh-Kay
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

That why you are here posting on a UND thread?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Boom!!!!
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              UND doesn’t own the rights. Midco has the broadcast rights for home games. I’ve never been a fan of Midco as they always think small. They don’t want it nationally because subscribers of local cable competitors would have access then. Pretty ridiculous.

PS College hockey in general isn’t appealing nationally.
              I asked the NCHC. UND owns the rights. UND signed a crappy TV deal with Midco. No use getting defensive about it. It's a crap TV deal. The fact these games aren't on national TV is outrageous.
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                I wonder what kind of viewership this series would get on NHL Network. I think hockey fans tune in to the channel enough that some commercials with the classic moments and discussion during NHL Tonight would definitely get some neutral fans to tune in. I don't watch ESPN at all, so I would never see commercials despite that being a huge network. But I tune into random CHL games when they're on NHLN.
                Gophers at Notre Dame outdrew many NHL games a few years back. No doubt this series would far outdraw that. It's crazy stupid on so many levels that these games aren't nationally televised.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  I asked the NCHC. UND owns the rights. UND signed a crappy TV deal with Midco. No use getting defensive about it. It's a crap TV deal. The fact these games aren't on national TV is outrageous.
                  Nothing to be defensive about. Just pointing out that Midco purchased the broadcast rights. UND has no part in the decision making in whether it is nationally televised or not.

It is a crap deal but UND isn’t going to get a FS or a NBCSN deal. They are stuck with Midco.

Comment

Perfect series to showcase the sport especially with the crazed atmosphere that will be at the Ralph. Stupid at so many levels.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        Perfect series to showcase the sport especially with the crazed atmosphere that will be at the Ralph. Stupid at so many levels.
                        Yup. I agree. UND deserves better. Whomever negotiated that deal is an idiot. Hopefully they renegotiate when the deal is up. They used to have all of the games on FCS. That was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                          Nothing to be defensive about. Just pointing out that Midco purchased the broadcast rights. UND has no part in the decision making in whether it is nationally televised or not.

It is a crap deal but UND isn’t going to get a FS or a NBCSN deal. They are stuck with Midco.
                          Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically. Sorry if I gave that impression. UND, and this rivalry, deserves much better. And I am not saying the BTN is without any faults. Cutting out of games to go to basketball interviews is equally insane. I just want to see these programs, this rivalry, and college hockey, get the exposure they deserve.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically. Sorry if I gave that impression. UND, and this rivalry, deserves much better. And I am not saying the BTN is without any faults. Cutting out of games to go to basketball interviews is equally insane. I just want to see these programs, this rivalry, and college hockey, get the exposure they deserve.
                            All good and I agree. I hope UND negotiates a better deal when this current one expires.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              I never said me.

Five years ago we would have been on comment 1,200 in the pre game threads we created. Today, crickets.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I never said me.

Five years ago we would have been on comment 1,200 in the pre game threads we created. Today, crickets.
                                we are all getting older, and the new UND and UM students don't do forums.
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X