X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence vs Boston College

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Thanks. Good job as usual.

On the last goal, (I think it was), Reyes just lets Newkirk skate in unmolested and comfortably watches as her team gets scored on. And Webster did about the same thing on the same play because she was aware of Newkirk's presence. Both of them were making cocktails in the kitchen.
    St Lawrence pulled up the tent stakes in the second period and seemed like they wanted to get a head start on beating the traffic heading back to NY.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      St Lawrence pulled up the tent stakes in the second period and seemed like they wanted to get a head start on beating the traffic heading back to NY.
      Yeah they really did. In the third period they called timeout while it was 5-0 in what appeared to be a sort of "you're getting run out of the building in your last game of the year, finish with a little bit of pride" kind of moment. I don't even think it as after an icing.

It did give SLU a bit of a spark for a good minute or so and then BC scored #6 shortly after.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Yeah they really did. In the third period they called timeout while it was 5-0 in what appeared to be a sort of "you're getting run out of the building in your last game of the year, finish with a little bit of pride" kind of moment. I don't even think it as after an icing.

It did give SLU a bit of a spark for a good minute or so and then BC scored #6 shortly after.
        With having a couple of tighter games before this, does it concern you that you got the equivalent of skating through whipped cream for resistance from SLU? Especially now that facing Wisconsin is a reality. A reality that is as good as Minnesota was last year while your squad, Keller aside, doesn't have the firepower it had last year.

Comment

A reality that is as good as Minnesota was last year while your squad, Keller aside, doesn't have the firepower it had last year.
          BC definitely has enough firepower to beat Wisconsin. The questions for the Eagles will be defensively. Despite all of her offensive accolades, and I agree that they are deserved, she's not in the top handful of defensive D in the country. It comes in handy to have those when playing the Badgers. North Dakota has a very good blue line, and that was a big reason why the Fight n Hawks were able to hang as late as they did a week ago. When I've seen BC, they don't always play D for 60 minutes. The Eagles will certainly have the incentive to do so on Friday.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            BC definitely has enough firepower to beat Wisconsin. The questions for the Eagles will be defensively.
            Let's frame it a different way:
            Desbiens has one loss this year. In that game she gave up one goal. She has been in net for four games that ended as ties. In those game, she game up a single goal three times, and pitched a shutout in the 4th game.

So BC either has to do something few teams have done this year, get a second puck past her. Or they have to shut Wisconsin out.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              So BC either has to do something few teams have done this year, get a second puck past her. Or they have to shut Wisconsin out.
              Such offensive juggernauts as St. Cloud State and Bemidji State got multiple goals in a game on her, and it didn't take a ton of shots to do so. The Eagles have enough offense to beat Wisconsin; I just don't think that they have enough defense.

Comment

"multiple" equals two.

Comment

With having a couple of tighter games before this, does it concern you that you got the equivalent of skating through whipped cream for resistance from SLU?
                  No, not really.

I'll say this, the first period of BC/SLU was incredible hockey. SLU played really, really well. Then we just blew their doors off in the 2nd and they fell apart. So we got a 20 minute warm up haha

Plus, I mean, at this point, whether we had a close win or a 6 goal win, there's a week until the next game. That's really not going to make a difference. BC has learned how to win in close games this year. If they lose to Wisconsin it won't be because we ran SLU out of the building.

Comment

Let's frame it a different way:
                    Desbiens has one loss this year. In that game she gave up one goal. She has been in net for four games that ended as ties. In those game, she game up a single goal three times, and pitched a shutout in the 4th game.

BC does not have the same high end quality forwards they had last year so no, they don't have the "firepower" they had last year. Can they beat Wisconsin? Sure they can but the big problem they have is getting pucks past ARD which is the point RE is making.

Plus, Wisconsin's forward depth is going to pressure on BC that they have rarely seen this year which is very similar to what happened to them in last years Frozen Four.

Comment

"multiple" equals two.
                      You cherry picked stats so I did too. A 2-1 BC win is a definite possibility, assuming the Eagles can hold UW to 1. I'm not convinced that they can.

Comment

You cherry picked stats so I did too.
                        OK. Let me modify my statement so that there is nothing cherry-picked about it.

In order to win, you either have to do something no team has done this year, put three pucks past her; you have to do something done in only a handful of games this year, put two past her; or shut out the Badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          They were sucked into the black hole of Megan Keller
                          #4 was all over the ice. It’s a wonder she didn’t have more than one point.

Do you suppose BC might have stolen SLU’s playbook? I ask this because there was an Eagles bus waiting outside Conte during the second period - - - motor running, baggage doors open, driver pacing - - - as if it was ready to take off for St. Charles (or Logan) post-haste.

Comment

Let me modify my statement so that there is nothing cherry-picked about it.

... you have to do something done in only a handful of games this year, put two past her; ....
                            Either you can't help yourself, or you have six fingers on your hand!

In any case, we're in agreement that things don't look good for BC.

Comment

Either you can't help yourself, or you have six fingers on your hand!
                              Normally, I'd let it pass, but you're writer (and you're being a bit of a pain).

If I had said "... that you can count on one hand..." then "...six fingers..." would make sense.

"Handful" doesn't mean "five"; "handful" means "what you pick up with one hand"; it isn't any one particular integer.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                                #4 was all over the ice. It’s a wonder she didn’t have more than one point.

Do you suppose BC might have stolen SLU’s playbook? I ask this because there was an Eagles bus waiting outside Conte during the second period - - - motor running, baggage doors open, driver pacing - - - as if it was ready to take off for St. Charles (or Logan) post-haste.
                                Ha... I have no idea! Maybe that's what it was

Comment

Working...
                                X