Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if a video link for the NU Women's game against Plattsburg has been set up yet and what it might be? As I recall the NCAA owns the TV rights to the final four in DIII hockey. Thanks
    See here, see here

Or easier - HERE.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
      Does anyone happen to know if a video link for the NU Women's game against Plattsburg has been set up yet and what it might be? As I recall the NCAA owns the TV rights to the final four in DIII hockey. Thanks
      The link is at www.ncaa.com

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        The link is at www.ncaa.com
        Thanks to all. Looking forward to another great NU Platty clash
        Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
        Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Clash? Seems like a pretty lop sided affair? Can the NU girls get by them? We need some of there water they are drinking, cause it is pretty good stuff. Hats off to the Platty women. They have got a rock solid program over there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
            Clash? Seems like a pretty lop sided affair? Can the NU girls get by them? We need some of there water they are drinking, cause it is pretty good stuff. Hats off to the Platty women. They have got a rock solid program over there.
            I stand by the word clash. When they met earlier in the season the Cards had a but a one goal edge until the last 45 seconds of the game in their 3 to 1 win over NU. The SOG were about even. And no question the PSU Women have a winning tradition and a great club. But given the heart the NU women put into that Middlebury win last weekend tells me PSU will view this game as a one that could upset their plans for a fourth consecutive NCAA title. They're savvy enough to know that there are no "weak sister" opponents (pardon the pun) when your down to the final four. I look for a close game albeit acknowledging that PSU has an edge. Go Cadets.
            Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
              I stand by the word clash. When they met earlier in the season the Cards had a but a one goal edge until the last 45 seconds of the game in their 3 to 1 win over NU. The SOG were about even. And no question the PSU Women have a winning tradition and a great club. But given the heart the NU women put into that Middlebury win last weekend tells me PSU will view this game as a one that could upset their plans for a fourth consecutive NCAA title. They're savvy enough to know that there are no "weak sister" opponents (pardon the pun) when your down to the final four. I look for a close game albeit acknowledging that PSU has an edge. Go Cadets.
              From the Plattsburgh perspective: the Cardinals have a significant edge on all opponents, but I for one am not looking past anybody. Norwich has kept it relatively close against Plattsburgh twice this season. In the match at Kreitzberg, who knows how that game goes if Celeste Robert doesn't give up 2 goals on the first 2 shots she sees and was then promptly yanked in favor of King.

The Cards may have beaten Adrian 5-0 at Middlebury in November, but in January at Norwich they required a D losing her balance on a 2v1 in OT to get past the Bulldogs... those were Adrian's only 2 losses of the year (and they have a W over Utica and 2 Ws over Elmira), and they were both on neutral Ice. If it's Cardinals v Bulldogs, this one is on Adrian's home turf.

Gustavus seemed to be having a down year until this playoff run. They just upset last year's NCAA runner-up (who returned **** near everybody) on the road. Last year, they had a 3-1 3rd period lead in Plattsburgh before a lengthy delay as a GAC player fractured her neck (by the way, she scored their game winner last week). The year before, they made a great late comeback against Plattsburgh (at Stafford Ice Arena) to force their Thanksgiving Tournament game to a shootout (which Plattsburgh won). That was the game that sealed Allie Ross's fate and gave Camille Leonard the starter role in net, which she has not let up since.

As you can see, the Cardinals will have no easy opponents this weekend.
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                From the Plattsburgh perspective: the Cardinals have a significant edge on all opponents, but I for one am not looking past anybody. Norwich has kept it relatively close against Plattsburgh twice this season. In the match at Kreitzberg, who knows how that game goes if Celeste Robert doesn't give up 2 goals on the first 2 shots she sees and was then promptly yanked in favor of King.

The Cards may have beaten Adrian 5-0 at Middlebury in November, but in January at Norwich they required a D losing her balance on a 2v1 in OT to get past the Bulldogs... those were Adrian's only 2 losses of the year (and they have a W over Utica and 2 Ws over Elmira), and they were both on neutral Ice. If it's Cardinals v Bulldogs, this one is on Adrian's home turf.

Gustavus seemed to be having a down year until this playoff run. They just upset last year's NCAA runner-up (who returned **** near everybody) on the road. Last year, they had a 3-1 3rd period lead in Plattsburgh before a lengthy delay as a GAC player fractured her neck (by the way, she scored their game winner last week). The year before, they made a great late comeback against Plattsburgh (at Stafford Ice Arena) to force their Thanksgiving Tournament game to a shootout (which Plattsburgh won). That was the game that sealed Allie Ross's fate and gave Camille Leonard the starter role in net, which she has not let up since.

As you can see, the Cardinals will have no easy opponents this weekend.
                Amen.

Comment

Guess it just wasn't met to be. NU looked good early in the game, but the Platty Women got in there heads after that 3rd goal. I tend to hold the coach more for the big games. They just didn't look like they thought they could win. Penaltys are not a man or womans best friend.

Comment

Good luck to the Cadets today. I used to live in Central Vermont and saw many games and had friends who attended the school. Will be cheering you guys on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                      Good luck to the Cadets today. I used to live in Central Vermont and saw many games and had friends who attended the school. Will be cheering you guys on!
                      Hey, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        Video for today's (3/18/17) women's third place game (Gust. Adolphus vs Norwich) is here.
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• I have no idea of how far this NU club can go...but I am still convinced while this team has great individual talent...I cannot recall an NU club that plays so well as a total team effort than this one. Their individual skills seem to compliment their teammates. Wow what a club...and I am so looking forward to next weekend in Utica. Go Cadets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                            I have no idea of how far this NU club can go...but I am still convinced while this team has great individual talent...I cannot recall an NU club that plays so well as a total team effort than this one. Their individual skills seem to compliment their teammates. Wow what a club...and I am so looking forward to next weekend in Utica. Go Cadets.
                            They're good enough to win the whole thing. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

Comment

6-2 domination of a team who just knocked off Oswego. Thank God the Cadets avoided good teams all year, due to their fear of them. Kiss my grits. Is Norwich for real yet, or do you have some more sarcastic and condescending opinions?

Finally, some of you celebrating tonight wrote this entire program off a year ago, and said we'd been passed by in everything, from recruiting to speed to scheme. Enjoy the thrill of victory - even though you don't deserve to.

On to Utica!

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                                They're good enough to win the whole thing. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.
                                I agree, having watched them tonight. We will see them in Utica which their play deserves. This game was much more convincing than last week. But the lazy passes late in the game were still frustrating.
                                Last edited by peddler; 03-18-2017, 10:05 PM.
                                The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Working...
                                X