This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Healthcare (part 3) is up on the Globe webpage.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Springs might be whiter than Duluth MN. This includes the Indian population in Duluth.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The four black people committing a hate crime beating an autistic white teenager and pleading guilty? At least one of them's free. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhm1bWAJupY

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          The Springs might be whiter than Duluth MN. This includes the Indian population in Duluth.
          You clearly haven't been to the Springs lately, at least not south of Briargate. While it's still predominantly white, there are more and more minorities living further north in the city. Previously, there was a bit of a line at Platte Avenue and other than the central part of the city, there weren't a lot of minorities living north of that. Now, that line is about five miles north at Garden of the Gods/Austin Bluffs (don't get me started on the streets here).

I wouldn't be surprised if the area encompassing Circle/Las Vegas on the West, Hancock on the south, Airport to the north and Powers to the East is over 50% minorities. It's just that the rest of the city (everything west of I-25 and north of GoG) is super white. Not surprisingly, that's where you'll find the Mega Churches.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
            You clearly haven't been to the Springs lately, at least not south of Briargate. While it's still predominantly white, there are more and more minorities living further north in the city. Previously, there was a bit of a line at Platte Avenue and other than the central part of the city, there weren't a lot of minorities living north of that. Now, that line is about five miles north at Garden of the Gods/Austin Bluffs (don't get me started on the streets here).

I wouldn't be surprised if the area encompassing Circle/Las Vegas on the West, Hancock on the south, Airport to the north and Powers to the East is over 50% minorities. It's just that the rest of the city (everything west of I-25 and north of GoG) is super white. Not surprisingly, that's where you'll find the Mega Churches.
            It's been a couple years, so yeah, probably changed.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post

The streets here are fantastic, nothing like one street that has 4 different names. Or streets that run east-west, until they run north-south, and then maybe switch to east-west again.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                The streets here are fantastic, nothing like one street that has 4 different names. Or streets that run east-west, until they run north-south, and then maybe switch to east-west again.
                I chuckled at this. In MN, 494 runs N/S and E/W.

And 35W and 35E run N/S, never E/W.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I chuckled at this. In MN, 494 runs N/S and E/W. Same with 694.

And 35W and 35E run N/S, never E/W.
                  My favorite is a particular interchage in Anoka, MN. Commonly known as Highway 10 and Ferry St. On the east side of the interchange is a combined highway that contains US 10 (which is east/west) and MN 47 (which is north/south) The southern side is Ferry Street and also US 169. (both north/south) The north side is still Ferry Street but now also MN 47. West of the interchange is US 10 (east/west) and US 169. (north/south)

Another fun one is Hennepin County 24/Rockford Road/Hennepin County 9/42nd Ave/Lake Drive/45th Ave.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    My favorite is a particular interchage in Anoka, MN. Commonly known as Highway 10 and Ferry St. On the east side of the interchange is a combined highway that contains US 10 (which is east/west) and MN 47 (which is north/south) The southern side is Ferry Street and also US 169. (both north/south) The north side is still Ferry Street but now also MN 47. West of the interchange is US 10 (east/west) and US 169. (north/south)

Another fun one is Hennepin County 24/Rockford Road/Hennepin County 9/42nd Ave/Lake Drive/45th Ave.
                    That Anoka interchange can go straight to hell. I hate that whole area with a passion.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Where is that last one?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Where is that last one?
                        It runs through Plymouth, New Hope, Robbinsdale for sure. To make things even MORE fun, just a couple blocks away is Old Rockford Road.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Where is that last one?
                          Stretches from Loretto to North MPLS.

Edit: A bit closer to Maple Plain than Loretto.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Before they fixed it the 169, 81 and Brookdale Blvd intersection was a hoot.

[edit] Holy s**t. I've been away so long now I am not 100% those are the 3 that cross each other at the spot to which I refer.

Comment

As far as I know they dont cross each other but I do know where you are talking about. 169 and 36th was no fun either...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

85th Ave not Brookdale.

Comment

Working...
                                X