X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    The polls weren't wrong; the analysis of them was.
    So polls today showing Oprah +10 over Trump mean ...
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Polls at this point are strictly name recognition. I wouldn't put much stock in any of them.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Obama could've done the same thing Republicans did and nuked the filibuster, he didn't. Another Obama failure.
        The president has no control over Senate procedures.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          That if the vote happened right this second, she'd win. Nothing more.

Comment

The President has no control over Senate procedures.
            Even if he has a pen and a phone?

C'mon, someone had to say it.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Is this a good time to point out that if Obama got nothing done, why are people outraged over Trump reversing Obama's policies? I mean, if he didn't do anything, there's nothing to reverse, right? Right? What am I missing here?
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Is this a good time to point out that if Obama got nothing done, why are people outraged over Trump reversing Obama's policies? I mean, if he didn't do anything, there's nothing to reverse, right? Right? What am I missing here?
                True. But, here's the problem. Everything Obama got done was by Executive Order. So, it never really became law. And, because of that President Orange ****wad was able to change it all immediately.

Obama has Obamacare and his two Supreme Court Justices.
                Trump has his tax cut and his Supreme Court Justice.

Beyond that it's all window dressing.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  True. But, here's the problem. Everything Obama got done was by Executive Order. So, it never really became law. And, because of that President Orange ****wad was able to change it all immediately.

Obama has Obamacare and his two Supreme Court Justices.
                  Trump has his tax cut and his Supreme Court Justice.

Beyond that it's all window dressing.
                  Missing a few other things such as Dodd-Frank or tax hikes on the rich. However the overall point is a good one which is its better to pass laws than executive orders. I'd also say we were fighting less wars around the world under Obama's tenure.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The president has no control over Senate procedures.
                    Ok not him specifically but the dems had power early on and didn't wield it as well as they should've, Obama has a lot of sway in that regard even if he doesn't directly control senate procedures. Thank you for pointing that out though rather than being a tool.

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    I never said he got literally nothing done. Yes Dodd Frank was good and necessary following a financial crisis. Getting out of Iraq was a good thing too, watered down ACA was better than nothing. He did the bare minimum.
                    Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-10-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Ok not him specifically but the dems had power early on and didn't wield it as well as they should've.
                      They blew their entire wad on trying to get the Health Care law passed through regular order. And, despite doing that the correct way they had that very thing used against them in every election since. I can hardly wait for 2020 Obama to pass his/her first law and have it rammed down their throats so it can put the Republicans back in power again.

Comment

They blew their entire wad on trying to get the Health Care law passed through regular order. And, despite doing that the correct way they had that very thing used against them in every election since. I can hardly wait for 2020 Obama to pass his/her first law and have it rammed down their throats so it can put the Republicans back in power again.
                        Was there no other option than regular order? Because I don't think the Republicans currently give two ****s about that. I get that they were able to use reconciliation for the last two pieces of legislature and I'm assuming that couldn't be used to pass ACA but either way it doesn't really change the fact that not securing a public option* was the biggest issue that caused the loss of many seats in the house/senate.
                        Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-10-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Was there no other option than regular order? Because I don't think the Republicans currently give two ****s about that. I get that they were able to use reconciliation for the last two pieces of legislature and I'm assuming that couldn't be used to pass ACA but either way it doesn't really change the fact that not securing a public mandate was the biggest issue that caused the loss of many seats in the house/senate.
                          Let's say there was. Then the GOP narrative would have been even better and they would have destroyed the Democrats even more. You want a public mandate you better win. Public mandates are easy when your trying to save babies, or you're giving tax cuts, or you're fighting arabs. They're not so easy when you're giving someone else Health Care or giving citizenship to illegals.

Comment

Let's say there was. Then the GOP narrative would have been even better and they would have destroyed the Democrats even more. You want a public mandate you better win. Public mandates are easy when your trying to save babies, or you're giving tax cuts, or you're fighting arabs. They're not so easy when you're giving someone else Health Care or giving citizenship to illegals.
                            Sorry I used the wrong term, public option is what I was going for, that was originally slated to be included in the original version of ACA and people like Liebermann were the holdouts. Apologies for not being more clear on that.

Comment

Sorry I used the wrong term, public option is what I was going for, that was originally slated to be included in the original bill and people like Liebermann were the holdouts.
                              It was a mistake not to include it but if they had they would have lost even more seats than they did. Winning the public over on Government takeover of anything vs. freedom is a tough sell. People are too stupid to understand it.

Comment

It was a mistake not to include it but if they had they would have lost even more seats than they did. Winning the public over on Government takeover of anything vs. freedom is a tough sell. People are too stupid to understand it.
                                I don't think that's true, if you show them that it works and it helps them it's a winning issue. It's gotten incredibly popular and even a lot of people on the right want to see healthcare reformed in some way and we've seen the dems move further left on this exact issue in recent times.

A watered down version of ACA where you just fine people who don't buy something that already costs too much and has some obscene deductible didn't really help all that much. Now I get that the pre-existing condition portion, getting rid of plan maximums, and some of the other provisions of it were good and did help a lot of people but it's not hard to see why this compromise didn't make voters happy considering how much power the dems had at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X