Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Hillary lost cause she sucked
    Bernie lost cause he sucked
    Trump won despite sucking
    So say we all.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      I've gotta say though, it's amazing how few people have learned anything from that election including Hillary herself.
      Agreed

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      No Democrat could have won.
      Wrong! Also, poor whites are usually rural, so most of them are no longer part of the Dem base, as you claimed. Their unions and employers betrayed them, and their jobs are gone. They have no reason to be loyal to the establishment, thus they voted for Trump.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      That's pretty arrogant. You think she didn't learn anything? I think she learned a lot. I know I did.
      Wrong!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Hillary lost. It wasn't the voters, it wasn't a propeller, and it wasn't Jack the Ripper. She sucked and people said ew and she lost. She had one job as a politician and she blew it.
      Agreed

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Good god do you guys have to have this same argument in every thread? What the hell does Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton have to do with the 2020 election neither are running.

Hillary lost cause she sucked
      Bernie lost cause he sucked
      Trump won despite sucking

There now move the frick on already.
      Bingo
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-08-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't learn nothing. Yet I was the one person around here who KNEW the same Nader action would happen again. Me. Only me.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't learn nothing. Yet I was the one person around here who KNEW the same Nader action would happen again. Me. Only me.
          I don't think you get to claim that when you were wrong every step of the way up until you were right. It's like the person at bar trivia who picks the four wrong answers first, then when all of them are taken away you point to the correct one and say, "I knew it!"
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Those people were 53% of white women. Hardly the 33% base.
            All I'm saying is if you used literally anything other than Hillary Clinton to support your thesis about America being sexist, I'd agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I don't think you get to claim that when you were wrong every step of the way up until you were right. It's like the person at bar trivia who picks the four wrong answers first, then when all of them are taken away you point to the correct one and say, "I knew it!"
              I was certainly wrong about many things. I was not wrong about the Nader effect repeating itself.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                All I'm saying is if you used literally anything other than Hillary Clinton to support your thesis about America being sexist, I'd agree with you.
                That's easy.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/a-se...-american-boy/

Or this:

http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/sex...p-audio-*****/

Second URL always has ***** in it. Search Google for Trump ***** Grabber for point number 2.
                Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 09-08-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

A few points:

1) Give Scoobs his props. Not sure what his batting average is, but he diagnosed the apathy of the Dem voters before anybody else out here, including myself. It is what it is.

2) He also has a point about misogyny. Sorry but its a factor even on the left as much as we hate to admit it. Even in the so called Enlightened Era of women's rights, which one could date to the 60's, we'd had exactly one female leader of any branch of govt in that time, which was Pelosi's 4 years as co-head of the Legislative branch. People who deny this are like people who said there's no issue with 80% of NFL players being black but no black coaches in the league back when that was the case. I mean, c'mon already, something has to be going on here.

3) The issue is not with Bernie Sanders the man. Sanders is a politician who was trying to win an election. All's fair in love, war, and politics. The issue is with the subset of people who supported him and who now think the world revolves around them. IMO this isn't a majority of his backers, but its a significant portion of them. The party can't ignore how to deal with this problem, and if that means looking at the 2016 race for clues then so be it.

4) If somebody can tell me the living and breathing Democrat who could have beaten Trump, I'd love to hear it along with your case for why.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I don't talk about Bernie at all. That's just Rover's smirking idiocy because he has nothing else.

Bernie is as dead and buried as Hillary. We're looking forward, now, and that's what this thread is about.
                    I, like most people, still use Bernie as a stand-in for the whole DSA movement, which yes, you have advocated for as a movement that the Dems should lean into.

The fact that Bernie remains the poster child(or great-grandfather, as it were) is itself problematic, and shows why it is a political loser. There's really no other leadership out there, because while they have very nice ideals, they lack the political acumen for anybody to rise to a position of prominence, unless they're a unicorn that comes from Loonyville like Bernie. All the DSA has really managed to do in the 11 months since the election has been to declare themselves anti-free donuts and anti-sheet cake. Good luck taking that message to your average American.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

A few points:
                      Ugh. Please get Handy's memo. We all know the things you believe, you don't need to repeat them.

Move. On.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The orcs have diminished with every generation.
                        doesn't seem like it here in Maine. The state that gave us Ed Muskie and George Mitchell has largely fallen to the orcs. Only the liberal strongholds along the coast remain sane.

Comment

Ugh. Please get Handy's memo. We all know the things you believe, you don't need to repeat them.

Move. On.
                          Kep if your own family doesn't take orders from you, why should I?

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          doesn't seem like it here in Maine. The state that gave us Ed Muskie and George Mitchell has largely fallen to the orcs. Only the liberal strongholds along the coast remain sane.
                          In Kep's view anybody clearing 50K a year is an orc, so just sit back and let him do his thing.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Kep if your own family doesn't take orders from you, why should I?
                            My cats are pretty insubordinate now you mention it.

Dr. Mrs.... well, I don't know anybody whose wife takes orders from him. Must make lesbian marriage interesting.
                            Cornell University

Comment

My cats are pretty insubordinate now you mention it.

Dr. Mrs.... well, I don't know anybody whose wife takes orders from him. Must make lesbian marriage interesting.
                              You didn't call out Bernie's name at an...um....inopportune moment, did you?

I kid, I kid.

Comment

In Kep's view anybody clearing 50K a year is an orc
                                You are conflating Orcs and Plutes.

Orcism has little to do with money, but insofar as it does it's the opposite correlation: Billy Bob on the front lawn couch who hasn't worked in three years is an orc.

Here is the distinction.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X