This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

And now the mods have the BU thread 'locked for editing'.

Comment

The more things change, the more things stay the same.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

BC just landed forward Chris Calnan for the 2013 class. Big, physical kid out of Nobles.

As an aside, just so we aren't confused/associated with that sewer down the road Boston University, wonder if we should change our name to Chestnut Hill College?

Comment

oops, i got a BUSCHO demerit for rumor mongering by repeating what the Freep reported. too funny. i guess i should stick with better sources than fangirl blogs.
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            The more things change, the more things stay the same.
            Carmine, I hope you keep that signature quote for a long, long time. I can't help but laugh at someone like Federal League who then goes on a crusade to eliminate "personal attacks" of a poster that doesn't even post here anymore...when SHE is the one who introduced the idea of players flirting with her.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Carmine, I hope you keep that signature quote for a long, long time. I can't help but laugh at someone like Federal League who then goes on a crusade to eliminate "personal attacks" of a poster that doesn't even post here anymore...when SHE is the one who introduced the idea of players flirting with her.
              yes. and also personally attacking people in the process. remember, it is also pathetic and even libelous to quote that person. so dont look below

Originally posted by reblur. View Post
              Coyle was one of the players that I personally knew best on the team. I always thought of him as a polite, well-behaved, generally good guy. Coyle is not interested in bringing random girls back to his room or acting like an entitled brat in public like some hockey players do. He doesn't drink, only went out to bars when his teammates would beg him to come, and he'd always get water. He's pretty shy and takes the team's failures (and his own) very personally. He still refuses to talk about the Beanpot last season because he's so embarrassed, and he turns red whenever you ask him about a turnover or a mistake during a game. For him to abandon his team and treat his teammates like this, to me, is very disappointing.

other than rogie, with what degree of certainty could someone report that coyle never brought a random girl back to his room? or always ordered water at a bar that he wasnt even of legal age to be in?
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Happy Presidents Day from BU: *****http://memedepot.com/uploads/0/53_abelincoln.jpg******

Comment

Hide yo keeds, hide yo wife
                  I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

I know there's a women's thread/forum, but thought I'd mention this:

http://www.uscho.com/2012/02/20/kazm...peat-nominees/

Two reps from BC, including freshman Alex Carpenter. I believe she's the daughter of Bobby. I'd say the program is in good hands with her around for another three years. Were they in the FF last year? Wouldn't be all that surprised if they bring home a national title in her time here.

Comment

A lot of wins between these two...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                      I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

Comment

I know there's a women's thread/forum, but thought I'd mention this:

http://www.uscho.com/2012/02/20/kazm...peat-nominees/

Two reps from BC, including freshman Alex Carpenter. I believe she's the daughter of Bobby. I'd say the program is in good hands with her around for another three years. Were they in the FF last year? Wouldn't be all that surprised if they bring home a national title in her time here.
                        BC beat Minnesota to advance to the Frozen four, but lost to Wisconsin in the Semis.

It would be nice if eastern teams started to win this thing (unless the Sioux can score a title of course) as no Eastern squad has ever won a Women's NCAA Frozen Four.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Did that really happen? or photo shopped?

Comment

Yeah...taken after the BC-Duke game yesterday.

1,824 wins between them

EAGLE HOCKEY

Comment

York was in the house for sure at the game and on the jumbotron a couple of times.

I stood up and clapped each time he was on. I must have been in a section where there were more just general sports fans than BC folk because half the people around me had no idea why they would show him on the jumbotron and why I was clapping. Thats a sad reflection on how unpopular college hockey is in the world.

Question: Are there banners in Conte of the other teams in the conferences? I didn't notice them, but I was high up and many banners were obstructed from the angle view I had.
                              Last edited by ericredaxe; 02-20-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Or if they were "true" BC fans, a terrible reflection on them. Not sure on the banners...I'll have to take a look Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X