Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
    What a lot of people don't understand is this is a very young team that will be better, especially in the next few seasons, man.

They had some bad bounces on Saturday night and the refs were terrible. It didn't help that the flu bug was going around the team, and it showed in how tired they were. Plus after winning in double overtime on Friday night, they earned a very solid point in the tie on Saturday. The Lakers did deserve a better fate.
    young or not if you are playing the last team in the league minimum you need more then half of the points. The referees were alright just do not give them a chance to call stuff on you. If you are going to get a power play do not jump on the player and rip of their helmet to nullify it.
    http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
      young or not if you are playing the last team in the league minimum you need more then half of the points. The referees were alright just do not give them a chance to call stuff on you. If you are going to get a power play do not jump on the player and rip of their helmet to nullify it.
      Methinks you must not of seen the same game I did last night, man. The Good Ship Laker is getting some bad luck right now, and much better than their record indicates. What a lot of people don't understand is how young this team is and the experience they are gaining in these close games. Once they get a bit more health, as they were decimated by illness according to coach Damon Whitten, a few more of the bounces go their way, they will climb up the standings and be a force to be reckoned with the in the playoffs.

Ringy Dingy!

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
        That increase in funding still puts them at the bottom of the league. Every empty seat is money that doesn't benefit the program. Don't go to the car lot and pay for a rust bucket Yugo and expect it to be a Corvette.

It also amazing how many people came out when a horrible Michigan State team comes to town just so they can see that Sparty logo. If we dress Alabama Huntsville up in MSU jerseys, none of you could tell the difference, other than a different coach. Every team that has played here has a better record than State. So why don't they show up?
        There were lots of people at the game last night, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
          There were lots of people at the game last night, man.
          1953 is "lots?" Actually, compared to the 1500 at NMU, it is!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
            Methinks you must not of seen the same game I did last night, man.
            I watched, I saw them ice the puck 4 X's more then NMU, take undisciplined penalties and only get 3 shots total for all of the power plays. At this time of the year you no longer have Freshman. You should NOT split with a last place team.
            http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

I was impressed with McKay last night.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Seems to be a lot of good players on this team . The problem seems to be they do not play well together as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                  I was impressed with McKay last night.
                  I was impressed with him all weekend. I think he should get some more opportunities going forward. One positive from the weekend was that the 4th line did have some good shifts. I thought Basilico played much better than where he was at in the first half.

Comment

I didn't get to Marquette to watch McKay Friday night. Can he ever skate well and he finishes his checks very well. I guess I just wasn't expecting that out of him.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by swdrm View Post
                      Seems to be a lot of good players on this team . The problem seems to be they do not play well together as a team.
                      The talent level has increased thanks to the recruiting efforts of Team Whitten. What you have to remember, is this is a young team and it's going to take some time to develop. The schedule has been brutal, we caught a hot Northern team at the wrong time, had some long road trips, some bad puck luck, and the recipient of some horrible officiating.

Once this team gets healthy again and gains some more experience, methinks the good ship Laker, under the watchful eye of Damon Whitten, will make a big jump in the standings and be in the running for a home playoff spot and a chance to surprise some people. If not this year than in the years to come. It takes some time, man.

Ringy Dingy!

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        1953 is "lots?" Actually, compared to the 1500 at NMU, it is!
                        Methinks the attendance was under reported. Looked like well over 2000 to me, man.

Comment

Originally posted by swdrm View Post
                          I agree as they do seem to have some very good players and yet they seem to struggle every game now. You just cannot keep blaming it all on youth. These guys are all twenty one and over for the most part and have played hockey most of their lives. As Yooper by choice said and I agree . At this point in the season there are no freshmen . It would be a disaster after the great start not to make the playoffs or have to fight for the last spot the rest of the season .

Comment

Originally posted by ccliff
                            The Lakers should've declined to play in the NCAA tournament in 1988 because a young team with 9 freshmen wouldn't be able to compete at that level.
                            Methinks there are a lot of (as one self-assured chum on here says) Roquettes still floating around on here.

It took Frank Anzalone several years to field a championship team, certainly more than 2 1/2 as under the current head coach, Damon Whitten. Give him time man, he is steering the Good Ship Laker back to prominence.

Ringy Dingy!

Comment

Hopefully the flu bug that affected the team this weekend will be gone by the time we play UAH.

We definitely need to sweep UAH this weekend especially with the tough trip to Mankato coming up.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Another thing that is unfair how much the Good Ship Laker players get the flu more than any other team in college hockey. Must be the cold weather, man.

Here is to a healthy recovery to all the players and a sweep this weekend against Alabama Huntsville.

Ringy Dingy!

Comment

Working...
                                X