Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

It appears Maine is headed for a shutdown. State legislature reached a compromise and LePage vetoed it.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Michigan hunters want to shoot mourning doves and sand hill cranes

http://wwmt.com/news/state/michigan-...mourning-doves
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

I'm just glad Snyder was cheap, er smart enough to veto the Right to Life license plate the other day. That would have been a nice waste of money to defend.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

While I know this is a #Priorities comment, I don't really have a problem with a dove season. Sandhill cranes are another matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

Many states have dove and Sandhill crane seasons.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

@dick_nixon: People often ask why I hate Christie and Walker and that type so much. It's because they dare think they can play ball in Yankee Stadium.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Maine and New Jersey now have budgets; their shutdowns have ended

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ntent=20170704

Comment

Illinois is still holding out stubbornly.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Chris Christie boldly goes where few men have gone before.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Iowa's GOP is targeting pensions under the guise of a "free" study done by a libertarian think tank. Yeah, that's going to be unbiased.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...iew/437113001/

Never mind that they changed IPERS about 6 years ago, and the fixes are eating away at the unfunded liability.
                      Last edited by unofan; 07-05-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Georgia's purging their voter rolls.

Stacey Hopkins‏ @staceyhopkinsga

GA purging voter rolls right now. Rec'd notice in mail saying if form not rec'd in 30 days, will be moved to inactive status. I voted tho.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Georgia's purging their voter rolls.
                          Of course they are. Don't you know that homeless people don't have the right to vote, since they don't live at a fixed address, and rarely have gov't ID?

Comment

Dems are coming after VA-2.

Taylor (the R incumbent) seems like the usual GOP numbskull, but neither of these challengers is particularly strong. VA-2 is the Eastern Shore, which means white and poorly educated, which screams GOP country. The DCCC thinks it has a shot here so, um, I guess?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Connecticut seems well on its way to following Illinois....

The city of Hartford, Conn., has retained the law firm of Greenberg Traurig LLP as restructuring counsel as it weighs whether to file for bankruptcy, officials said Thursday.

Hartford has a deficit approaching $50 million and has asked the state for help managing its fiscal crisis. But the state has its own budget troubles and failed to pass a spending plan to close a two-year hole of $5.1 billion before the fiscal year ended on June 30.
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

@WCAX_Jack: He did it! @GovPhilScott becomes first elected governor to win a pro stock car race! https://twitter.com/WCAX_Jack/status...623936/photo/1
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X