Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Does anyone else find it absurd there is a jury trial to decide a child custody case? Is this normal anywhere other than Texas?
    Lawyers love their fellow lawyers in the legislature.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Does anyone else find it absurd there is a jury trial to decide a child custody case? Is this normal anywhere other than Texas?
      I actually don't. I was told by my lawyer, that even if my ex stated that she didn't want child support money, and wouldn't argue any custody claim (we had come to a gentleman's agreement), the judge could overrule, and dictate custody and child support. To me, that's bullsh*. I had to legally cede all custody/etc to my ex, to legally satisfy the conditions of our agreement. Otherwise, one or both of us could be majorly screwed.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The swamp is getting to this administration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLcVJin-TA

Comment

I'm st the point where I just don't click simply to make sure that Jones doesn't get the views.

If you do click, make sure to skip the ad as soon as possible, as according to CGP Grey, that's one way to make sure that nobody gets paid: https://youtu.be/KW0eUrUiyxo
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            I'm st the point where I just don't click simply to make sure that Jones doesn't get the views.

If you do click, make sure to skip the ad as soon as possible, as according to CGP Grey, that's one way to make sure that nobody gets paid: https://youtu.be/KW0eUrUiyxo
            Yeah, I just never click his YouTube "news" sources, stopped after the third time he posted one of those, give or take. Also, given that Jones said he's been lying to his viewers the whole time, how can he possibly still have an audience? It's like they just want the delusion.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

They definitely want the delusion. They're practically Flat Earth truthers at this point.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Steve King‏Verified account @SteveKingIA

First non-valedictorian DREAMer deported. Border Patrol, this one's for you. http://usat.ly/2pyZriQ
                Suckers.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Suckers.
                  Actually, no. This is exactly what those racist f-cks wanted.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Actually, no. This is exactly what those racist f-cks wanted.
                    I thought "suckers" was referring to the equivalency crowd?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I thought "suckers" was referring to the equivalency crowd?
                      No, "suckers" is for the Trump voters who thought they were getting something new on banksters, China, global policeman, etc.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        No, "suckers" is for the Trump voters who thought they were getting something new on banksters, China, global policeman, etc.
                        I see. My bad then. I used it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          The swamp is getting to this administration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLcVJin-TA
                          In all seriousness, what is your take on the Alex Jones "performance artist" story?
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I actually don't. I was told by my lawyer, that even if my ex stated that she didn't want child support money, and wouldn't argue any custody claim (we had come to a gentleman's agreement), the judge could overrule, and dictate custody and child support. To me, that's bullsh*. I had to legally cede all custody/etc to my ex, to legally satisfy the conditions of our agreement. Otherwise, one or both of us could be majorly screwed.
                            Brent, my question was poorly phrased. I guess what I meant was I find it odd that in Texas they have a jury, instead of a judge, decide issues of custody. I was under the impression it was handled, like in your case, by a judge making the decision.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Yeah, I just never click his YouTube "news" sources, stopped after the third time he posted one of those, give or take. Also, given that Jones said he's been lying to his viewers the whole time, how can he possibly still have an audience? It's like they just want the delusion.
                              I've always assumed people like Limbaugh, Jones and all the rest have taken inspiration from the character Barry Champlain from Talk Radio, and understand that it really doesn't matter what you say or whether you are believable or not, its just a matter of pushing the right buttons to get the audience.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                I've always assumed people like Limbaugh, Jones and all the rest have taken inspiration from the character Barry Champlain from Talk Radio, and understand that it really doesn't matter what you say or whether you are believable or not, its just a matter of pushing the right buttons to get the audience.
                                Channeling frustration, anger and hatred is a great business model. Fear doesn't slump.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X