Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    It was tasty, indeed. Obviously quite strong, but very smooth. It's a sipper drink, to be sure. The actual request by me was, "bbdl, make me something. Mix whatever you want, but it better be good. Have fun. You know what I do and don't like."

The day was quite the success, especially after the rain went away. Also it turns out I'm pretty decent at beer darts. Top-holed and bottom-holed people.
    I had an influential run at beer darts yesterday.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      Good Morning Lodge.

Went to my first Catholic Easter Vigil last night (and probably my last). I knew it would be long, but holy crap - 2.5 hours! There were two kids about 8 (twins) getting baptized and three adults converting getting confirmed, plus the usual Easter Vigil. Started at 8 and ended about 10:30. Then we had to stick around and chat since my wife heads the Eucharist Ministers and sponsored one of the converts and my son was altar server. Then I had to go home to prepare the turkey and pork shoulder for the smoker this morning. Too dam late for me.
      TK dragged me to her church this morning. We got there late, it started at ten and we got there 11: 20. Got out at 1: 15.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Is it just me, or have there been a lot of putts falling short today?

2 aces and a double eagle...pretty amazing day so far.
        I agree. Seems as though a lot of them arent fully committing to being aggressive enough to hole them. Lots of Playing not to lose.
        Last edited by MavHockey14; 04-08-2012, 04:30 PM.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          Went to my first Catholic Easter Vigil last night (and probably my last). I knew it would be long, but holy crap - 2.5 hours!
          Saint Schlobotskyyy . . . Pray-ay for uuuuuus!

Saint Geronimohhhh . . . Pray-ay for uuuuus!

Saint Epineprhiiiine . . . Pray-ay for uuuuus!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          1/4 American Honey, 1/4 Ketel One, 1/4 Sailor Jerry, 1/4 Schweps Lemon Sour, and 3 dashes of bitters, garnished with a cherry.
          It was tasty, indeed. Obviously quite strong, but very smooth.
          Yeah. "Smooth." Smooth like in "Weird Science." "Sputter! Cough! Gag! [forced smile] Smooooth!"

The day was quite the success . . . Top-holed and bottom-holed people.
          The Lodge, ladies and gentlemen.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Howdy Lodge. Finally home. Still have the cold, so that made for a somewhat uncomfortable flight. I wonder if I have a latent sinus infection. I had sinus pressure when we were landing, but the pain was really sharp. I could tell it was right in my sinus cavity. My right eye then felt very watery and for half a second I was wondering if a blood vessel had burst in my eye or something.

My folks picked me up at the airport in Manchester and on the ride home, after I told my Dad that I saw that the Tigers tied it in the 9th at 10-10, I put the radio on and yay! The Sox were ahead 12-10! So we listened. And then we heard them blow it. That was greeeeeeaat. My mother made this fish dinner we usually have on Palm Sunday and packed me two meals worth. I am lucky lucky lucky. And now I am going to eat my dinner.

Comment

What a great afternoon. I will argue that this afternoon has the greatest 6 hours of TV all year. It is always incredible, its just too bad we have to wait another year before it comes back around again.

Also, my mom was texting me during the broadcast, it sounds like she is going to try to get tickets for next year. We're going to try the lottery and if not there, she's going to pay the huge markup to buy them. One of my dad's best friends and golfing buddy was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was told that he's got 2 years left. So my mom is going to set it up so we can take him to The Masters next year. I hope she is able to pull it off.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Evening Lodge.

Jr. is playing "AAA" hockey this spring (more like AA or A, in my view) for his first time. First tournament will require him to leave school early on Friday to make the first game and his last class that day is one he is struggling in right now - doubt we'll pull him early. Then the Saturday is the day he is going Turkey hunting so he'll miss, at least, the first game that day too. This'll be a great value for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  See post 11.
                  Oh. It is not morning at 1 Oh Dark thirty.

Comment

Today I learned to never trust a boy to put something together. Bf supposedly has a Mechanical Engineering degree from RIT but he kept trying to destroy my new furniture. I spent $400 on a kitchen island and we were putting it together. First he thinks he can put the sides/frame together by himself without holding it, so the center piece falls to the floor, shattering the corner of the piece. Then he can't look at the directions and see he has the wrong piece and gets confused when the holes that are supposed to be there aren't. Finally I look and show him the piece he should use. Then he can't understand when I tell him the unfinished edge goes to the inside. His final mistake he tries to attach a piece to the wrong assembly, but is certain he's right even when the wood starts splitting. Finally when he's fully secured it he looks at the directions and realizes the mistake. The steps I took charge of went smoothly. I should have taken charge of all of it and just handed him a screwdriver and told him to tighten things. Anyway, the thing is together now, already with cracks and defects in it thanks to bf, despite being brand new. /end rant

I apologize for the rant, but I needed a place to share it. I feel better now that I've written out my complaining.

Happy Easter/Passover/Zombie Jesus Day Lodge!
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverinetrumpet View Post
                      today i learned to never trust a boy from rit
                      fyp.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        What a great afternoon. I will argue that this afternoon has the greatest 6 hours of TV all year. It is always incredible, its just too bad we have to wait another year before it comes back around again.

Also, my mom was texting me during the broadcast, it sounds like she is going to try to get tickets for next year. We're going to try the lottery and if not there, she's going to pay the huge markup to buy them. One of my dad's best friends and golfing buddy was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was told that he's got 2 years left. So my mom is going to set it up so we can take him to The Masters next year. I hope she is able to pull it off.
                        This is such a cool story and I really hope it works out for you. I'm thinking of looking into the ticket process as well. I will go at some point before I die. That's hallowed ground in the game of golf.

That six hours of television today was one hundred percent worth doing nothing but watching it. The story lines, excitement, and everything involved with the entire Masters Tournament is simply amazing. I still can't get over how great these last four days have been.
                        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Today I learned to never trust a boy to put something together. Bf supposedly has a Mechanical Engineering degree from RIT but he kept trying to destroy my new furniture. I spent $400 on a kitchen island and we were putting it together. First he thinks he can put the sides/frame together by himself without holding it, so the center piece falls to the floor, shattering the corner of the piece. Then he can't look at the directions and see he has the wrong piece and gets confused when the holes that are supposed to be there aren't. Finally I look and show him the piece he should use. Then he can't understand when I tell him the unfinished edge goes to the inside. His final mistake he tries to attach a piece to the wrong assembly, but is certain he's right even when the wood starts splitting. Finally when he's fully secured it he looks at the directions and realizes the mistake. The steps I took charge of went smoothly. I should have taken charge of all of it and just handed him a screwdriver and told him to tighten things. Anyway, the thing is together now, already with cracks and defects in it thanks to bf, despite being brand new. /end rant

I apologize for the rant, but I needed a place to share it. I feel better now that I've written out my complaining.

Happy Easter/Passover/Zombie Jesus Day Lodge!
                          He does realize that those directions are written so that about anyone with a high school diploma could figure them out and be able to put the item together correctly as long as they're following the simple directions?? Hell, I'm sure philosophy majors could figure out how to put it together as long as they follow the directions, just like how one did when they where putting together a Lego set.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Howdy Lodge. Finally home. Still have the cold, so that made for a somewhat uncomfortable flight. I wonder if I have a latent sinus infection. I had sinus pressure when we were landing, but the pain was really sharp. I could tell it was right in my sinus cavity. My right eye then felt very watery and for half a second I was wondering if a blood vessel had burst in my eye or something.

My folks picked me up at the airport in Manchester and on the ride home, after I told my Dad that I saw that the Tigers tied it in the 9th at 10-10, I put the radio on and yay! The Sox were ahead 12-10! So we listened. And then we heard them blow it. That was greeeeeeaat. My mother made this fish dinner we usually have on Palm Sunday and packed me two meals worth. I am lucky lucky lucky. And now I am going to eat my dinner.
                            While I'm sure that hurt you, my 87 year old Grandpa, who is a life long Tigers diehard, thanks you for your opposite girl tendencies.

Hi, Lodge. Being back home is great. I'm going to break my sister's Shih-Tzu's heart when I leave on Tuesday. And, massive amounts of planning have been accomplished. It's not without drama, but it's happening.
                            Always a Wildcat...
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                              While I'm sure that hurt you, my 87 year old Grandpa, who is a life long Tigers diehard, thanks you for your opposite girl tendencies.

Hi, Lodge. Being back home is great. I'm going to break my sister's Shih-Tzu's heart when I leave on Tuesday. And, massive amounts of planning have been accomplished. It's not without drama, but it's happening.
                              Having a dog that you can go in and spoil whenever you want is nice. Been doing that with Tremaine's 5 month old black Lab. I do think it probably was a bad idea though to let him up on the couch to hang out with me while watching TV when he was younger and smaller.

It just happens.

Comment

I've been at home this weekend as well with our Shih-Tzu. Greatest dog we've ever had. She's 10.5 years old now, so she's climbing up there in age..I honestly don't know what we'll all do without her..Sad for whenever that day comes.

26 days until I move out of the dorms and back home, completing my first full year of college.

Where does the time go?
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X