X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
    Uh, we were told to leave this board by d---man81.....
    As though trolls have ears...

Comment

[QUOTE=CARDS_rule_the_Burgh;5610932]I realize that, not being a Utica fan, many of the intended audience of this message will not read it, but I'll post it anyway:

Of course you will. (Might I suggest that you purchase a human-sized hamster-wheel, just to work off some of your misguided energy?)

I'm confused. Is this the the thread about Utica (which, as I already stated, means discussion both positive and negative about the team in question from fans of both UC and other DIII teams... That's the way this board had worked since its inception), or is this the "we hate the long-time posters of this board that we recently DECIDED to join so we're going to whine about it to no end" thread?

It's more of a "we dislike clueless, trolling blowhards who have never seen Utica play, and are only here to talk trash" thread... And that definitely doesn't paint all visitors with a broad brush; just guys like you.

And I would just like to say that I do think UC has a lot of potential.

I'm sure the program has been waiting on pins and needles for your endorsement. Thanks so much. Now everyone from Heenan on down to Aud security can sleep at night.

For the record, I wouldnat this point have UC ranked above Plattsburgh.

Well, that doesn't surprise anyone here... But it's a patently ridiculous thing to say, and predictably so, considering the source.

BTW, check out the KRACH in the morning, if you're not too hung-over. (It makes sense.)

Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-27-2013, 02:01 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fishman'81;5612427][B]
        (Check out the KRACH in the morning, if you're not too hung-over.)
        Drink a bit, do ya?
        Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Sure, I enjoy an adult libation from time to time, but even the most cursory look at my post should have pointed you North to the bold/drunken print, as far as to what text I was referencing... Get a clue, already!

Yes, I'm up late every night; I work until midnight or later half the time. That circumstance alone doesn't necessarily point to me being a drunk, believe it or not... (There are essential services that operate 24/7, last I checked, and I'm not referring to the McDonald's drive-thru.)

Maybe you should put the bottle down, too, my friend! I was not slamming Bowdoin, and I don't know how you inferred that. Right now, the Polar Bears are a #1 seed, and rightfully so... I would love to see them bring some hardware back to Maine, if Utica can't manage something similar in CNY.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-27-2013, 02:20 AM.

Comment

My GAWD!! That Fishman'81 is sensitive......Lighten up, already.
            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

De-caf might help...or not.
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I just wish everyone got along here ! I have a question...I really don't have an answer to. Do UC posters here go to different threads and try to tick people off on their team threads ?? I certainly don't. What is the purpose ? Why do it ? I don't go to the Platty thread ever. It gets very tiring.....Am I wrong ?

Anyways...another good win outshooting Mville like 50-25(or close to). This is the best UC team "I've" ever seen. Next weekend wil be fun as my D1 team is on the road and I'll get to see at least one of the two games against Hobart.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  I just wish everyone got along here ! I have a question...I really don't have an answer to. Do UC posters here go to different threads and try to tick people off on their team threads ?? I certainly don't. What is the purpose ? Why do it ? I don't go to the Platty thread ever. It gets very tiring.....Am I wrong ?

Anyways...another good win outshooting Mville like 50-25(or close to). This is the best UC team "I've" ever seen. Next weekend wil be fun as my D1 team is on the road and I'll get to see at least one of the two games against Hobart.
                  If you get ticked off by anything someone says, don't worry, someday you will Grow Up!! A kick to the groin should tick you off, being important enough to have someone pay attention to you should be source of pride (when you grow up, you will be smart enough to know and understand this). If sadly you are overly sensitive due to past bullying experiences, you need professional assistance.

Oh yeah, nice to see Utica proved it could play as well as a .111 team.
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

NORM!!!! You lighten up too..........Geeez
                    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                      NORM!!!! You lighten up too..........Geeez
                      I appreciate your encouragement, I am hoping to drop a few pounds once the weather improves and I can do some work outside.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        I appreciate your encouragement, I am hoping to drop a few pounds once the weather improves and I can do some work outside.
                        +1 (or -15 depending upon your goal....good luck!)
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          I realize that, not being a Utica fan, many of the intended audience of this message will not read it, but I'll post it anyway:

Of course you will. (Might I suggest that you purchase a human-sized hamster-wheel, just to work off some of your misguided energy?)
                          I was referring to the posters who previously indicated that they had stopped reading posts by non-Utica fans.

I'm confused. Is this the the thread about Utica (which, as I already stated, means discussion both positive and negative about the team in question from fans of both UC and other DIII teams... That's the way this board had worked since its inception), or is this the "we hate the long-time posters of this board that we recently DECIDED to join so we're going to whine about it to no end" thread?

It's more of a "we dislike clueless, trolling blowhards who have never seen Utica play, and are only here to talk trash" thread... And that definitely doesn't paint all visitors with a broad brush; just guys like you.
                          First off, Remy has repeatedly stated that he HAS gone to see Utica play... and I'm pretty sure the Oswego posters will have seen utica play, so "never" is clearly not the term you intended to use. As to putting me in with the "trolls"... when, pray tell, did I come in here and bash utica? I have, on occasion, been voiced my hesitation to jump on the bandwagon, but I have never expressly come on this thread exclusively to say negative things about the Pioneers. Seriously, go check my previous posts if you so desire, and let me know if I'm wrong. When I did get really involved was when the war of words started and I didn't like what I was reading. Were Remy and my other fellow USCHO posters a bit harsh at times with the Utica posters? Certainly. Was the reaction by certain Utica posters a bit harsh as well? Absolutely.

It has been asked if Utica fans go into other threads to 'tick people off'. The answer to that is no. But here's the thing: everyone has a way of expressing themselves. Remy doesn't JUST go after UC fans. He goes after anybody who annoys him, even if they're Plattsburgh fans. It's the way he's always been, the rest of us have just learned to piece through the sarcasm and harsh wording and find the valuable bits of information around which he is basing his opinion... because he DOES know what he's talking about and, if you're willing to pay attention to what he's really trying to say, it can create great conversation. It's how this board has always functioned, and as I've said a few times: if you don't like it, perhaps this isn't the discussion board for you. But so long as you continue to post on this board, your opinion will always be welcomed, on the condition that you're willing to listen to its counterargument as well.

I never attacked UC or its fans. I came to the defense of a friend (who probably didn't really want or need it) who was being attacked for expressing his opinions in the best way he knows how.

And I would just like to say that I do think UC has a lot of potential.

I'm sure the program has been waiting on pins and needles for your endorsement. Thanks so much. Now everyone from Heenan on down to Aud security can sleep at night.
                          Complains that nobody gives respect to Utica, and then mocks the non-UC posters who try to do just that. Makes tons of sense.

For the record, I wouldnat this point have UC ranked above Plattsburgh.

Well, that doesn't surprise anyone here... But it's a patently ridiculous thing to say, and predictably so, considering the source.

BTW, check out the KRACH in the morning, if you're not too hung-over. (It makes sense.)
                          I'm assuming both parts of this comment (saying my statement was ridiculous, and commenting that I must be drunk) are due to a misunderstanding, for which I apologize. I was typing that post on my iPad, and when I do that I sometimes hit the 'n' instead of the spacebar. What I was trying to say was "I would at this point have UC ranked above Plattsburgh". Obviously, with the 'n' there, it's easy to interpret the opposite. UC has been performing better on a more consistent basis than Plattsburgh this year, and at one point I was arguing that Plattsburgh shouldn't be ranked. I'm still waiting to see how UC performs in the ECAC-W playoffs, because the team under Heenan does have an historical tendency to let the wheels fall off in February/March. I'm not going to deny that they have the ability to go far. I haven't seen enough of them to judge this team this year, so I'm letting the results speak for themselves, and this year UC is getting the results regularly.

If UC can hold it together and get the results they deserve in the postseason, I will be among the first to come here on this thread and congratulate them. As I said, I hope to be able to meet you, to be able to shake your hand and engage in pleasant conversation, in Lake Placid if UC makes it (of which they are certainly capable).
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post

Shabby, Great weekend for 'Gate I see. Hope you can make a game at the Aud this weelkend as you'll like what you see, if they can keep it up. Probably the best 3 periods UC has put together all year. No 3rd period let down for a change. Seeing both games I'd have to say Numann looked to be the better team, except for goaltending. How the M'vill keeper didn't get at least 1 of the 3 stars last night is beond me. He's the only reason it was a game. Hope to see you at the Aud and GO UC (and Gate).

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              I was not slamming Bowdoin, and I don't know how you inferred that.

Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Its funny, as a Fisher fb fan, I get to see different fan bases on the d3boards, and this board is very similar.
                                Fan bases looking for respect ala Rodney Dangerfield, the ones that have had and expected national championships, cellar dwellers hoping for a winning season, and the ones that are hopeful for the breakout season, to name a few.
                                The board is different but the song remains the same.
                                That said I find this group of posters very interesting and unique.
                                Thanks for the great reading!
                                Last edited by fisheralum91; 01-27-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X