Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

I admit I liked seeing Watson scrapping a little. We need a little bit of growl in this team. No need for Smith to go chasing McLain, but then again, what a classless jackhole McLain is to pull his crap then skate away when someone calls him out. They wouldn't show the fighting on wcha tv but it sounded like Watson and spezia got at it pretty good.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
      You're the one full of it. Smith slashed and crosschecked him in the face off circle, then chased him down the ice like a crybaby. McClain, acting like a senior leader, tried to walk away so as not to be kicked out.

Tech's behavior at the end of the game was classless. Obviously, with your language, you are classless as well.
      I would tend to trust MS's version. He usually has an accurate assessment, for and against his Huskies...Unlike BG announcers and fans that seem to feel their boys have never ever done anything wrong. I'm still looking in the rule book to find where a trip isn't a trip because it was 'inadvertent.' Or goalie interference isn't interference if the player just happened to run into the goalie by accident... Nope, can't find that section anywhere..

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
        I like the fights on the ice better! You hear anything yet as to Watson is out for tonight?
        I don't believe anyone will miss time. Only roughing and 10 minute misconducts handed out. No fighting, game misconduct, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
          I don't believe anyone will miss time. Only roughing and 10 minute misconducts handed out. No fighting, game misconduct, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          there was some thought last night that the league might hand out additional punishment

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
            I understand he is in a tough spot but the guys worked really hard in the first despite missing some key guys and having 2 guys in the lineup with virtually zero playing time. They are demoralized by these games. They need the coaches support to stay positive and focused. Not the constant "they've always played the wrong way and their just not going to change". They've made great strides, they've played some really good hockey. Build them up, build their confidence, be supportive. You'd be surprised what a difference it would make.
            There are many successful coaching styles. Some use a carrot, some a stick. Herb Brooks was one of the best coaches of college level players ever. Yet he beat his players like rented mules. If they didn't play well, even when they won, he made them skate lengths of the rink after the game. He was a demanding tyrant and his players despised him. But he forced them to play their best and they won gold against all odds. I'm old school, I think players should fear their coach, Tom Landry style.

IMHO, part of the problem is most of the players are Mel's. Until most of the players are Joe's, I think this team will struggle...
            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
            Abe Lincoln

Comment

Time to hit the road

GO HUSKIES!

Comment

This thread is unreadable...
                Burnt Orange, most of those guys now started when Joe was and assistant, I don’t think that’s a big deal
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Reinke - Out (our Hobey Baker guy)
                  Ford - Out
                  Donohue - Out
                  Baltus (C) - Out
                  Gillies - Out
                  Jackson - playing at not 100%

This is eye opening. Too many players out.
                  Go Huskies!

Comment

2019 Blake Pietila (G) is scheduled to arrive. Currently at USHL Cedar Rapids. 8-6. 3.32 GAA. 0.894 SV %.
                    Go Huskies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                      Hey John, go away. Classless is trolling another school's forum. Go find the BG forum. We're going to have to spray a whole bottle of Febreeze to get the Ohio stink outa here. Buh bye...
                      The last time I looked this site is USCHO not only a Tech site. Yes, McClain can get under your skin. EVERY team has those
                      type of players including Tech. As far as last night's game, Tech ran McClain the shift before. The game was on local tv and I rechecked the game. Smith was just looking for a fight. I am not trying to pick a fight with your fan base, but Tech is not a bunch of angels. Let's hope cooler heads prevail tonight for BOTH teams so no one gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                        I am not trying to pick a fight with your fan base,
                        Then stay off our thread.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Beydoun played great in the first. Hope he doesn’t have to make those kind of saves the rest of the game.

Dane Birks; all you can say is WOW.

McClain is a goon. Should have been tossed already. Need to keep our heads in the game.
                          Go Huskies!

Comment

Why do we dump the puck in on the power play? Not sure if I dislike the PK or PP more. 5 on 5 is where we need to be.

Beydoun really playing with some fire tonight. As much as I was a Debbie -Downer yesterday, I like what I’ve seen thus far.
                            Go Huskies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                              Why do we dump the puck in on the power play? Not sure if I dislike the PK or PP more. 5 on 5 is where we need to be.

Beydoun really playing with some fire tonight. As much as I was a Debbie -Downer yesterday, I like what I’ve seen thus far.
                              Like you noted earlier, 5 starters out including the captain and a Hobey Baker candidate. Tech is playing a good, hungry team in their barn with young players, one of whom is playing his 1st games, and is winning 4-0. Aside from finding some consistent goaltending, I have no complaints. Ever since I saw them at the Ice Breaker I have thought that they are hard working and resilient.
                              I like this young team.
                              I like Joe Shawhan and think that he’s going to have a good run at Tech.

Comment

OK, we're thinking it so I will ask it.

Is Robbie Beydoun the horse we ride through the finish line?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X