X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    Well at least you're not "bitter much?!" from choking two years in a row. Lol. If you listened to his remarks he said they knew they were going to have to weather the storm at certain times throughout the game and wait for their opportunities and hope to take advantage of those opportinities. They did exactly that. They displayed great poise and patience because that's what they were prepared for, and they definitely took advantage of their opportunities. Being opportunistic is critical in winning games no matter how good your team is or how many shots you get compared to your opponents.

Perhaps MJ's in-game comments to his players were, "Ok, keep shooting it high and missing the net. Those attempts look really nice even though they're not hitting the target and not giving us rebounds or wearing down their goalie. We'll just keep hoping one of those shots eventually goes in. Meanwhile I'll make no adjustments and I'll keep telling you how well you're playing especially on our penalty kill."

Face it, he was out-coached. Did you see his face when they did close-ups on him as the game wore on? He looked stressed and perplexed. Fargo looked relaxed and like he was having fun.
    Maybe if you paid more attention to the game & less to coaches faces you would have noticed the Colgate blocked as many shots as WI missed and made twice as many saves than Wi misses.

It is sad that some people assume a team can never be beaten they can only choke. Sometimes the other team plays better or makes more of their chances and you just tip you hat & say "well done". Nobody choked anything (well, maybe you but what you do on your own time is your business) Friday. Two very good teams lost to two teams that were just a little better on Friday. In the WCHA I expect a lot more competition than we have seen previously & if the East is not just Clarkson that will carry over to the NC$$ finals. It won't be fun having to accept losses but the reward will be a lot more great games

Comment

• The Three Stooges aren't happy. Boo boo. Lol. Easy pickens!

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        The Three Stooges aren't happy. Boo boo. Lol. Easy pickens!
        It’s amazing what happens when you get more than 15 shots on Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
          It’s amazing what happens when you get more than 15 shots on Wisconsin!
          Is this really the wagon you want to jump on?
          Easy pickens?
          Is that why you are on this board?

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
            Is this really the wagon you want to jump on?
            Easy pickens?
            Is that why you are on this board?
            Not really. Stating a fact. You will not beat Wisconsin if you don’t get a decent quantity of shots on goal. They have good goaltending but they are not use to seeing a lot of shots. Get a couple in and it has an impact on the confidence and you have to take advantage of it. That is what I saw in the Colgate game.

Comment

The Three Stooges aren't happy. Boo boo. Lol. Easy pickens!
              I'm not unhappy. In fact I have been pretty clear that I thought my team didn't have it this year & tipped my hat to the great job done by Clarkson & Colgate. Sorry if that upsets you. I think I know how the other wo stooges feel but I won't speak for them.

Arm & I both replied identifying that your view of the game was wrong. ARM was, as is his nature, nicer about it than me but that does not change that there was no unhappiness only a correction with some facts that you seemed to have missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                I'm not unhappy. In fact I have been pretty clear that I thought my team didn't have it this year & tipped my hat to the great job done by Clarkson & Colgate. Sorry if that upsets you. I think I know how the other wo stooges feel but I won't speak for them.

Arm & I both replied identifying that your view of the game was wrong. ARM was, as is his nature, nicer about it than me but that does not change that there was no unhappiness only a correction with some facts that you seemed to have missed.
                The only fact you missed is that I'm never wrong.

Comment

The only fact you missed is that I'm never wrong.
                  Well there was that one time when you thought you were wrong...
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Well there was that one time when you thought you were wrong...
                    Lol, exactly! Glad you remembered too. Lol.

Comment

Not the first time I've said. doubt it will be the last...

Trolls gonna troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        Not the first time I've said. doubt it will be the last...

Trolls gonna troll.
                        So stop trolling, Troll King!

Comment

So stop trolling, Troll King!
                          robertearle a Troll King? That is to laugh! hee hee haa haa hoo hoo.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

During the pre-FF press-conference, a reporter asked MJ what is goalie plan was prior to Soup showing up (what a great question!). MJ could have gone down a couple different roads there, but he just said it's not worth discussing speculation. I thought he would say the plan was whoever practiced the best would get the nod early in the season. I am still shocked he played no one else a single minute all year in goal. Cece had equal experience going into the season, sure is a credit to Soup for grabbing the spot and not letting go. I am just fascinated how he will handle the logjam next year.

Comment

Maddy Rolfes (happy birthday!), my daughter Maddy's favorite player, named to the all USCHO first team! Quite a great take by the USCHO voters picking a defense first D for the first team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                During the pre-FF press-conference, a reporter asked MJ what is goalie plan was prior to Soup showing up (what a great question!). MJ could have gone down a couple different roads there, but he just said it's not worth discussing speculation. I thought he would say the plan was whoever practiced the best would get the nod early in the season. I am still shocked he played no one else a single minute all year in goal. Cece had equal experience going into the season, sure is a credit to Soup for grabbing the spot and not letting go. I am just fascinated how he will handle the logjam next year.
                                Did any of them redshirt? Any insight into if Kronish will redshirt? Are goalie spots so coveted that a strong goalie is lucky just to grab a spot on a D1 bench for a season or two? Off season questions...

Comment

Working...
                                X