Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Oh, 1 thing bugged me, because of my book reading knowledge.
    Well, fighting against Targaryens is sort of their thing, so... *shrug*
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Well, fighting against Targaryens is sort of their thing, so... *shrug*
      It makes me worry that the Aegon storyline will be introduced, and I think it is way too late to introduce that story with 6 episodes left. Won't go into more detail, since that would actually be a book spoiler.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        It makes me worry that the Aegon storyline will be introduced, and I think it is way too late to introduce that story with 6 episodes left. Won't go into more detail, since that would actually be a book spoiler.
        I think we're done with any introducing. The final six episodes are going to be all tying up loose ends and killing people, and that is just peachy. MOAR DEATH PLZ!

We should have a "who lives" contest. List say the 25 most important currently "living" (Jon Snow and the Night King count) characters and pick which ones are still in operational order when the last episode ends. No book learnin' allowed.

I'm a tyro compared to some here, but I'll do it as a multiselect poll if we can agree on a list.

Daenerys Targaryen
        Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen
        Tyrion Lannister
        Cersei Lannister
        Jaime Lannister
        Sansa Stark
        Arya Stark
        Bran Stark
        Jorah Mormont
        Sandor "The Hound" Clegane*
        Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane*
        Gendry (uh... Baratheon?)
        Samwell Tarly
        Theon Greyjoy
        Bronn (Jaime's bromance)
        Varys (the bald adviser)
        Tormund Giantsbane
        Brienne of Tarth
        Missandei (Dany's slave lady)
        Melisandre (the red witch hottie)

I love that "Cleganebowl" is a thing now.
        Last edited by Kepler; 08-31-2017, 10:12 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So LOTR is on TV these days more than Shawshank and while I avoid it, the wife is often watching little segments.

It came up as to whether Ned reminds me of Boromir or vice versa as we are also currently watching GoT season 1.

We both agreed that they don't other than the obvious superficial, hey that's Sean Bean.

That's a credit to the actor imo coz they really are played as different characters.

Yeah… it's gonna be a long 18 months in this thread.

Love me some Sean Bean btw.
          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 08-31-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            So LOTR is on TV these days more than Shawshank and while I avoid it, the wife is often watching little segments.

It came up as to whether Ned reminds me of Boromir or vice versa as we are also currently watching GoT season 1.

We both agreed that they don't other than the obvious superficial, hey that's Sean Bean.

That's a credit to the actor imo coz they really are played as different characters.

Yeah… it's gonna be a long 18 months in this thread.
            I had no idea they were played by the same actor. Very nice job by Bean.

The next 18 months are going to be awful other than the Cornell national championship.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I think we're done with any introducing. The final six episodes are going to be all tying up loose ends and killing people, and that is just peachy. MOAR DEATH PLZ!

We should have a "who lives" contest. List say the 25 most important currently "living" (Jon Snow and the Night King count) characters and pick which ones are still in operational order when the last episode ends. No book learnin' allowed.

I'm a tyro compared to some here, but I'll do it as a multiselect poll if we can agree on a list.

Daenerys Targaryen
              Tyrion Lannister
              Cersei Lannister
              Jaime Lannister
              Sansa Stark
              Arya Stark
              Bran Stark
              Jorah Mormont
              Samwell Tarly
              Theon Greyjoy
              Bronn (Jaime's bromance)
              Varys (the bald adviser)
              Tormund Giantsbane
              Brienne of Tarth

Gendry's last name would be Waters if he was recognized as a bastard of Robert. But he never was, so I guess he just doesn't have a surname.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The next 18 months are going to be awful other than the Cornell national championship.

Cornell?

That's your program?

I still break out in cold sweat when I think of Cornell and the 2006 Regional.

Single most gut wrenching sporting event that I ever attended that didn't involve my kid's teams.

Comment

Cornell?

That's your program?

I still break out in cold sweat when I think of Cornell and the 2006 Regional.

Single most gut wrenching sporting event that I ever attended that didn't involve my kid's teams.
                  Here. Relive it.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Gendry's last name would be Waters if he was recognized as a bastard of Robert. But he never was, so I guess he just doesn't have a surname.
                    I think he'd still be Gendry Waters though. He has a surname, he just has never gone by it before.

Another should have been obvious hint to Jon's mother's identity, all the way back in the first moments of episode 1, was that his name was Jon SNOW. The bastard name follows the homeland of the mother, so that should have told us right away that Jon's mother was from the north. If his mother was some of the other rumored women, he'd have been Jon Sand, or Jon Rivers.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I think he'd still be Gendry Waters though. He has a surname, he just has never gone by it before.

Another should have been obvious hint to Jon's mother's identity, all the way back in the first moments of episode 1, was that his name was Jon SNOW. The bastard name follows the homeland of the mother, so that should have told us right away that Jon's mother was from the north. If his mother was some of the other rumored women, he'd have been Jon Sand, or Jon Rivers.
                      I thought it just followed where they were born, which is why Bran thought his name should actually be Jon Sand. Maybe another difference between the books and the show? I have no idea.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

I figured it was Snow because Ned openly claimed him as his bastard but never told anyone who the "mother" was or where she came from.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

God how nice it must be to not be a fan of Minnesota sports.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            God how nice it must be to not be a fan of Minnesota sports.
                            Buffalo. Game over.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Buffalo. Game over.
                              You don't even have a baseball team or relevant university to make you miserable. Minor leagues.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Daenerys Targaryen
                                Tyrion Lannister
                                Cersei Lannister
                                Jaime Lannister
                                Sansa Stark
                                Arya Stark
                                Bran Stark
                                Jorah Mormont
                                Samwell Tarly
                                Theon Greyjoy
                                Bronn (Jaime's bromance)
                                Varys (the bald adviser)
                                Tormund Giantsbane
                                Brienne of Tarth

Define "operational order".

Here are the list of characters* left** sorted by # of episodes appeared in:
                                Tyrion Lannister
                                Daenerys Targaryen
                                Sansa Stark
                                Cersei Lannister
                                Arya Stark
                                Jon Snow
                                Jaime Lannister
                                Jorah Mormont
                                Samwell Tarly
                                Theon Greyjoy
                                Varys
                                Brienne of Tarth
                                Davos Seaworth
                                Bran Stark
                                Missandei
                                Bronn
                                Sandor Clegane
                                Eddison Tollett
                                Podrick Payne
                                Melisandre
                                Grey Worm
                                Tormund Giantsbane
                                Preston Greenfield (I love that this guy has more appearances than some fairly major characters.)
                                Drogon
                                Gilly
                                --------------------------- Top 25 cutoff
                                Ghost
                                Viserion
                                Gregor Clegane
                                Gendry
                                Rhaegal
                                Qyburn
                                Meera Reed
                                Yara Greyjoy
                                Ellaria Sand
                                Hot Pie
                                Beric Dondarrion
                                Edmure Tully
                                Robin Arryn
                                Night King
                                Anguy
                                Lyanna Mormont
                                Euron Greyjoy
                                Ilyn Payne
                                Nymeria

* - Human or otherwise...
                                ** - More or less. There's some ambiguity in the fate of some of these people.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X