Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Pretty sure it was Drogon. He seems to be the only one she rides.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      So am I correct that the dragon that Jon touched isn't Drogon? It was one of the other two?
      It was Drogon, the black dragon. She seems most attached to him.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        It was Drogon, the black dragon. She seems most attached to him.
        Yeah, it was definitely Drogon. She only rides Drogon, or at least, only has ridden him to this point, well him and Daario.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Summary of next week's episode. It's fantastic. But I understand if you want to wait until Sunday.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/her...pis-1797907926
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

did mookie read correctly that 4 indians (dot) were arresting in the hbo - game of thrones hack?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I think Dany believes him now...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Guess that answers the question of who will ride the third dragon.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Everyone wave goodbye to the wall in about 80 minutes
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but the whole dragons to the rescue couldn't have been more predictable. Total fan service and I called it as soon as it was obvious they would be surrounded.

One dragon dying wasn't a shock either and obviously they'll reanimate it.

And they brought just enough Wildlings along so we could see some of the group die.

The writing hasn't been very good this year and maybe that's because we're beyond the books now.

The scenes between Sansa and Arya were good though and to be honest, character interaction has been the strength of this show all along.

Also liked the interaction between the Hound and the Ginger.

It's not that I didn't like the ep, but it'll be a shame if it goes out in a whimper of fan service.

I mean... Jon called her "Dany."

Gag.

Is this show big with teenaged girls?
                    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 08-20-2017, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, and a raven went from beyond the wall all the way to Dany () and she had time to get all the way back to the Fellowship while they huddled on that rock?

I get fantasy and suspension of belief, but that's pretty ridiculous.

Comment

I didn't hate that episode. It wasn't as good as the Lannister army getting torched episode, but it was meaningful.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A lot was predictable, I agree. But they were things that needed to happen, and they blitzed through a bunch of it in one episode to move everything along.

I don't think the timeline was that screwy, compared to the last couple seasons, anyway. The raven was sent from the wall. They'll definitely travel faster than a human. So will a dragon. They clearly spent a night huddled on that rock, and a good amount of time the next day there as well. Gendry making that run that fast was the thing I rolled my eyes at a bit. (Clearly took that part of the story from Marathon)

How about the Hound, huh? What a friggin doofus. At least he saved Tormund, but probably only because he wasn't on fire.

Comment

Another thing I didn't like:

Jon: "Fall back!"

Where? But they did, and it worked. The hell?

Comment

I wanted Jon Snow to become the Ice, with Dany already being the Fire. Together they could've made a song.

They need to get back to the days of unexpectedly killing off big, popular characters. The producers are scared to do it now, now that they can't rely upon the GRRM as the scapegoat for those particular deaths. Also, it would make their jobs harder, having to replace those characters with others.

Cold Hands showing up to help out at the last second, that wasn't too surprising either. I was thinking back to when he showed up in the past, and thought it felt like a moment for him, and sure enough...

Also, the Drowned God's words are coming back to haunt the people of Westeros now. For realsies.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

All I know is that Jon was blessed with some awesome uncles. Except Viserys, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X