Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

It's similar to the Dhooghe brothers. Brock maybe is a little more skilled than Jason Dhooghe was but he'll come in as a freshman and be a depth guy early with a chance to develop into more.

Cole is a 16 year old on the U17's that has drawn comparisons to Paul Kariya -- so that's not too shabby a start for him.

Maybe there's a Smurf line in our future! Tony played with Corey Millen and Mike Donnelly on the LA Kings "Smurf Line" for a while... They were pretty freakin' good!
    Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-17-2017, 05:45 PM.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Not a huge surprise but great news... Brock Caufield is committed to the University of Wisconsin!
      (Channeling Mr. Burns) "Excellent!"
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Spreadsheet updated.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

@ColeCaufield

Very thrilled to announce my commitment to the University of Wisconsin! Thank you to everyone that has made this possible! #GoBadgers
          Worst keep secret in all of college hockey is now official
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Cole Caufield committed after visiting for the Michigan game last night.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
              Cole Caufield committed after visiting for the Michigan game last night.
              Boom!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Solid recruiting class for Wisconsin but my God, when is the last time we can say UW brought in 2 or more snipers?

The defense first or defense heavy classes are great...but...

Losing Grant is huge unless Rizzo is replacing him.

Let's get some speed and legit goal scorers in asap.
                It's clear that the Defense needed an upgrade and it usually takes D longer to adjust to the college game than F. So bringing in a highly talented D heavy class the year before a highly talented F heavy class can absolutely payoff in the end, but the path can be a bit frustrating.

Comment

Todd's article on Cole: http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...e60c1.amp.html

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                    Brock Caufield said his enrollment could be in 2018 or 2019, and Cole Caufield is on pace for 2019.
                    Man, I'm getting good at my spreadsheet.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
                      It's clear that the Defense needed an upgrade and it usually takes D longer to adjust to the college game than F. So bringing in a highly talented D heavy class the year before a highly talented F heavy class can absolutely payoff in the end, but the path can be a bit frustrating.
                      Great point. When looking at the recruiting it looks like 2019-20 is going to be the year.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Yuge pickup. Peltonen brothers can't be coming....can they?

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                          Yuge pickup. Peltonen brothers can't be coming....can they?
                          Minä toivon niin!
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Kind of a fun era for me as kids that my son played with and against are now coming to Wisconsin.

Comment

So Wisconsin has a 38 recruited man roster for 2020-2021 (24 forwards, 11 Defense, 1 goalie and will need 2 more) now...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Kind of a fun era for me as kids that my son played with and against are now coming to Wisconsin.
                                Pretty cool, eh? That was the case with us about 10 years ago. We see a lot of those guys in the NHL.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X