This is not a thread about the Minnesota Wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is not a thread about the Minnesota Wild

I really think losing that first game in OT was the tough break the Wild didn't get to go their way. A win there and it's a much different series. Losing Backstrom was also a tough break although Harding has played well.

Might as well try some analysis seeing as theyre down 3-0.

Comment

Really nice work by the fourth line there. Good puck movement and continuation of the pressure they built on that power play.

Ugh... Never mind.

Comment

I'm trying to think of what's missing here. Obviously, the goalie situation isn't up to par right now, but I've usually had such confidence in that department. Perhaps we just need a better backup to Backstrom.

The Top Level talent is really good, but perhaps the depth just isn't there, and the fine young talent we do have isn't enough. For every Coyle and Brodin, we have too many young players that aren't at that next level.

Is the rest really just injuries and bad luck?
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think if you give the young guys more experience they will be good. Giving Pominville more time to assimilate should help too. I have no faith in any of our goalies. They seem dependent on an all-out trap being played in front of them.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

I'm going to start a campaign...

Bring Matt Frattin to Minnesota!
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I'd rather have Justin Fontaine
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                I'm trying to think of what's missing here. Obviously, the goalie situation isn't up to par right now, but I've usually had such confidence in that department. Perhaps we just need a better backup to Backstrom.

The Top Level talent is really good, but perhaps the depth just isn't there, and the fine young talent we do have isn't enough. For every Coyle and Brodin, we have too many young players that aren't at that next level.

Is the rest really just injuries and bad luck?
                OT game 1 was the dagger. Tough to bounce back from that one.

They need more consistent scoring depth. The PP must improve. (It was decent in the season, but needs to be top 10 with the style for Minnesota to e successful.)

Will be interesting to see how fast Dumba can mature an grow. He could e a key addition. Big offseason is needed from Zucker, Granlund, and to a lesser extent Coyle and Brodin.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

High hopes for Gustafsson. Pleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuck.

Comment

They have a bunch of supplementary guys.....2nd liners/etc besides Parise/Heatley (one of which was injured, so opponents could clamp down on one player). They need to be healthy and/or get one more big time goal scorer/finisher. As for goaltending? Yes, Harding is good, but obviously unreliable due to his condition. Backstrom is overpaid for his skill. Immensely. Dump Backstrom, and either get a good tandem goalie, or dump all the goalies and go hard after a solid #1. One who can play 65+ games at a top level.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      They have a bunch of supplementary guys.....2nd liners/etc besides Parise/Heatley (one of which was injured, so opponents could clamp down on one player). They need to be healthy and/or get one more big time goal scorer/finisher. As for goaltending? Yes, Harding is good, but obviously unreliable due to his condition. Backstrom is overpaid for his skill. Immensely. Dump Backstrom, and either get a good tandem goalie, or dump all the goalies and go hard after a solid #1. One who can play 65+ games at a top level.
                      Who are you suggesting they try and get? Luongo?

Mike Smith would be an intriguing option..
                      AF 99

Comment

• Re: This is not a thread about the Minnesota Wild

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        Who are you suggesting they try and get? Luongo?

Mike Smith would be an intriguing option..
                        That, I dunno. I have not followed it closely enough to offer a suggestion. And even with that, it's NOT 7oungo.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I think they have to be patient. They would have to give up too much to get a great starter.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            I think they have to be patient. They would have to give up too much to get a great starter.
                            '

I'm honestly trying to balance the cap hit with improving the players, nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Completely agree. Emery and Smith are the top 2 available candidates.. Well, for their age and price. Smith could be a value guy due to his injury this year.. Emery might get overpaid..
                              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                                Completely agree. Emery and Smith are the top 2 available candidates.. Well, for their age and price. Smith could be a value guy due to his injury this year.. Emery might get overpaid..
                                Emery might get overpaid, but will he be as overpaid as Backstrom?

Comment

Working...
                                X