Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't see Barnes, at this point, being able to add to the blue line for USA national women's team.
    even before the team was picked it was obvious the weakness, if there was going to be one, was going to be in the blue line

I'm hoping they drop hockey from the Olympics, all it does is screw up college hockey

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post

I'm hoping they drop hockey from the Olympics, all it does is screw up college hockey
      I sympathize with what you're saying, but...

A couple hundred people will see BC play Harvard. A couple thousand will see Wisconsin vs Minnesota.

A couple million will see US vs Canada.

Advertising. Recruitment of future players and fans. Etc.

Comment

That is an interesting idea from a college hockey centric point of view. I agree it does screw it up. The question is if it was dropped from the Olympics would those high end athletes have anything to strive for other than 4 years of free college? Would they get into another Olympic sport early on and not play hockey at all?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          A couple hundred people will see bc play Harvard. A couple thousand will see Wisconsin vs Minnesota.
          Nice...
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            I sympathize with what you're saying, but...

A couple hundred people will see BC play Harvard. A couple thousand will see Wisconsin vs Minnesota.

A couple million will see US vs Canada.

Advertising. Recruitment of future players and fans. Etc.
            Millions of people watch synchronized swimming and water polo, what is your point?
            Somebody is going to get cut, big deal I suppose, there are a lot more serious things in the world than which hockey princess gets an Olympic medal and which one has to watch her get presented with it.
            And failure builds character, right?
            If it builds character why do the US and Canada put so much into winning gold? The Canadians I can understand, if it weren’t for hockey nobody would know they existed. But why the US, it’s not like the country as whole gives a **** about hockey, especially women’s hockey.
            In the end the best players on the best teams get to take a year off for advanced training then return the following year to compete against younger less experienced players. It puts the whole college game out of whack.

Comment

Don't feed the troll
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I can see it now, Team USA wins the next couple of games with Barnes
                so Canada, worried about a potential loss of face losing to Team USA gets Emma Maltais from OSU and Daryl Watts from BC
                Last edited by pokechecker; 10-31-2017, 10:00 AM. Reason: don't need no frigun' food from the limpdiks at USCHO

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                  i can see it now, team usa wins the next couple of games with barnes
                  so canada, worried about a potential loss of face losing to team usa gets emma maltais from osu and daryl watts from bc
                  MAD! (mutually assured destruction)
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Don't feed the troll
                    Excellent advice, it seems to be off it's meds again

Comment

I can see it now, Team USA wins the next couple of games with Barnes
                      so Canada, worried about a potential loss of face losing to Team USA gets Emma Maltais from OSU and Daryl Watts from BC
                      I'm all for this. Why should UM and UW be the only ones getting royally screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I'm all for this. Why should UM and UW be the only ones getting royally screwed.
                        BC's already down THREE Olympians, I think that's more than enough lol

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Not when you take into account all the various factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Not when you take into account all the various factors.
                            it takes at least three Hockey Easy players to be equivalent to two WCHA players

am I the only one to see the irony in that the two butt wipes are the only ones that can't take their own advice?
                            yes, do not fed the troll

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              In spite of new math by PC with a western tilt, bc is down more than 3 Olympians because Keller is like 3 all by herself.
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                bc is down more than 3 Olympians because Keller is like 3 all by herself.
                                Damn, that is true, I hadn't thought about that. Well played.

Comment

Working...
                                X