X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Jury deadlocked in Bill Cosby case; mistrial declared.
    Sounds like the jury had problems getting past reasonable doubt.

Prosecution has said they intend to seek a retrial.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I just can't believe a five-minute defense worked.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Sounds like spectacularly bad prosecution.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Must've used the Chewbacca defense.

Or they played part of the episode where Cliff makes Theo pay rent. That was a classic.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Detroit officials are arguing that if the Little Caesars' Arena doesn't get built with city money, it will... harm the city?

http://deadspin.com/detroit-official...ona-1796174573

The more I read about how the Giant Pizza is financed, the more I want to puke.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

It's completely ridiculous that the city had to pay for any of it. Their portion should be financed by a ticket fee charged to the overwhelmingly suburban attendees.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                It's completely ridiculous that the city had to pay for any of it. Their portion should be financed by a ticket fee charged to the overwhelmingly suburban attendees.
                Owner bribes officials tens of thousands to rip off the city for tens of millions.

Tale as old as time.

Did I mention get money out of politics?
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Did I mention get money out of politics?
                  Good luck with that. It's a retirement / college fund for our political masters.

Only way it happens is a Constitutional Convention called by the States.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Good luck with that. It's a retirement / college fund for our political masters.

Only way it happens is a Constitutional Convention called by the States.
                    That would be the worst possible thing we could do given the current forces dominating American politics.

Getting money out is easy. 2 amendments: (1) corporations aren't people and do not have rights, (2) spending isn't protected speech, it's bribery. C'est tout.

The creeps will find a way around it because the History of the World is the powerful pathologically f-cking over everyone else and everyone else desperately trying to find some way to protect themselves, but it would set the plutes back another 50 or so years. Time enough, perhaps, for plutocracy itself to become as dead a letter as divine right monarchy.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 06-17-2017, 10:22 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Running into a guy's car is one thing. But then you stab him because he has Trump stickers?! https://www.infowars.com/armenian-ga...rump-activist/

Comment

So the memorial for the Muslim girl who was killed in DC was set on fire...good lord.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          So the memorial for the Muslim girl who was killed in DC was set on fire...good lord.
                          But of course, it wasn't a hate crime. Crimes against Muslims are never hate crimes, even when they are green carders or citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            But of course, it wasn't a hate crime. Crimes against Muslims are never hate crimes, even when they are green carders or citizens.
                            Um, the London attack was not only considered a hate crime, it was terrorism.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The killing of the Muslim girl was not being investigated as a hate crime according to the police there...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Um, the London attack was not only considered a hate crime, it was terrorism.
                                Regardless, it's all relative now, I guess. One nutjob in Flint stabs a cop while screaming "Allahu Akbar!" and because he's a Muslim it's "terrorism". Therefore, Muslims are supposedly everywhere in Flint and it's "the left's fault". Meanwhile, a white guy does the same thing, and it's "mental illness", and "oh, poor Lapeer, if only they had jobs..." while Grand Blanc smokes cigars and laughs.

Excuse my cynicism, but everyone knows I'm a jerk, and I'm a pi55ed off one at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X