X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    If you like South Park: BLC, you already like a musical.
    I actually haven't seen it. It's on my list though.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I actually haven't seen it. It's on my list though.
      You would love The Book of Mormon. That's all I'm gonna say.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

HBO is running GoT S5 today (perhaps more I'm not sure) and I watched 3 episodes in full back to back. Um, okay? Can you say overacting, laughable dialogue and lazy story telling? Christ what is all the hype about? No knock on the flock have at it but I will be avoiding S1 E1 et al.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          HBO is running GoT S5 today (perhaps more I'm not sure) and I watched 3 episodes in full back to back. Um, okay? Can you say overacting, laughable dialogue and lazy story telling? Christ what is all the hype about? No knock on the flock have at it but I will be avoiding S1 E1 et al.
          Yes.

Season 5 is probably even weaker than the rest(I think that has the stuff with Dorne in it, which is a real low point). But the others aren't much better. Season 1 is a slog of bad tell-don't-show blocks of exposition. I compare it to a Michael Bay movie. People enjoy the spectacle of the high-priced graphics and epic scale, but there's not much else behind it.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I measure time on Saturday afternoon based on where AMC is in Godfather I/II. For example, I left to get my hair cut when Clemenza and Paulie were going to get mattresses (which did not go well for Paulie) and got back when Vito asked Tom to tell his Don what everyone seems to know.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              You would love The Book of Mormon. That's all I'm gonna say.
              I'll say it, Book of Mormon is overrated. I prefer both Spamalot and Avenue Q over it in terms of comedic musicals. A Gentlemen's Guide to Love and Murder is also up there, depending on who they get to play the lead.

Book of Mormon is outstanding for the first half hour and the last half hour, but simply an over the top South Park episode in the middle.

Comment

You're killing me, unofan, because I love Book of Mormon, but I agree to a point. I haven't seen Spamalot, but Avenue Q is consistently funnier than Book of Mormon. The particular 'toilet humor' running gag in Book of Mormon gets old after one appearance. Plus, the first time I saw/heard "Man Up", I was borderline horrified, even as an atheist. I learned to enjoy it after a few viewings in YouTube, but as I told several folks after seeing it live, "If I were a Christian of any conservative, or even moderate flavor, that's probably the point where I would've bugged out."

I do, however, love the romanticizing of Salt-a Lake-a Ceeety in song. Having been there several times, it's perhaps the second or third biggest pit in America, depending on your POV. Not to mention "Orrrlandoooo!!!"
                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-15-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I do, however, love the romanticizing of Salt-a Lake-a Ceeety in song. Having been there several times, it's perhaps the second or third biggest pit in America, depending on your POV.
                  True, but it's hard to parse SLC from those beautiful mountains in its back yard. Some of the canyons are actually part of the city.

And, to a lesser extent, the geologic wonderland in the southern part of the state.

Different thread though.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    True, but it's hard to parse SLC from those beautiful mountains in its back yard. Some of the canyons are actually part of the city.

And, to a lesser extent, the geologic wonderland in the southern part of the state.
                    Oh, definitely. Just ignore the smog bank on your final descent into KSLC, and floor it out of town, and you're golden. It's a lot of crap to get through however, and easily takes 30-45+ mins.

SLC is Los Angeles without the palm trees. And LA is Detroit with palm trees. So, there you go.

Comment

Oh, definitely. Just ignore the smog bank on your final descent into KSLC, and floor it out of town, and you're golden. It's a lot of crap to get through however, and easily takes 30-45+ mins.

SLC is Los Angeles without the palm trees. And LA is Detroit with palm trees. So, there you go.
                      You move from New York City, the Mecca and hub of the cultural world to Utah! Nowhere!

--SLC Punk (great movie)
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        You move from New York City, the Mecca and hub of the cultural world to Utah! Nowhere!

--SLC Punk (great movie)
                        You mention it a lot - I seriously need to see this film. Is it on Netflix or AZ Prime?

Comment

You mention it a lot - I seriously need to see this film. Is it on Netflix or AZ Prime?
                          That I don't know. I had it on disc on Netflix a few years ago, and bought it the next day. The full speech of where that quote is from (not a spoiler):

Never mind, will have to link when I get home.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The SLC thing, now that I can actually hear the audio (NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKHDVt9UDnE

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

--SLC Punk (great movie)
                              Quoted Scene.

"I didn't sell out son, I bought in."
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Quoted Scene.

"I didn't sell out son, I bought in."
                                The quote of a true sell-out.

And the Family Meeting scene isn't even the funniest. The Liquor Store Scene....good God Almighty (quite literally!)

Comment

Working...
                                X