This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

US beats Czechs 3-2 in the Quarterfinals, Kane with 2 goals.

RUS-CAN is 4-4 in OT.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Canada wins 5-4 in OT.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Canada wins 5-4 in OT.
        Zzzzzz....

I wouldn't mind about 2 decades where Canada, Russia, and the US never win a game.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Zzzzzz....

I wouldn't mind about 2 decades where Canada, Russia, and the US never win a game.
          You’re not going to get your wish anytime soon. This World Championship has shown that the gap between the Big Six and the Mid Majors is growing. At this point it’d be remarkable for a team like Switzerland or Latvia to win in the Quarterfinals, let alone medal.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

And I wouldn’t put the US in the same boat as Canada or Russia or even Sweden.

Since 1980 it’s been two Olympic Silvers and 4 Bronze at the Worlds, not exactly lighting it up.

(TBF the Junior and Women’s record is significantly better.)
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              You’re not going to get your wish anytime soon. This World Championship has shown that the gap between the Big Six and the Mid Majors is growing. At this point it’d be remarkable for a team like Switzerland or Latvia to win in the Quarterfinals, let alone medal.
              And after I type this Switzerland beats Finland 3-2...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Caps performing their annual choke job.

In all seriousness, what is in the Caps minds after game 4. They just threw the entire kitchen, the bathroom and the dang baby with the bath water at Tampa, and it wasn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Caps performing their annual choke job.

In all seriousness, what is in the Caps minds after game 4. They just threw the entire kitchen, the bathroom and the dang baby with the bath water at Tampa, and it wasn't enough.
                  The Caps fans here at work this morning look like 9/11 just happened, their Mom was in the building, and their dog was flying the plane.

I was in Boston in '86 and walking around after game 6 every single yokel's face said "the Red Sox are going to lose game 7." It was universal. One of the most eerie things I've ever seen -- a fanbase utterly defeated before the event, completing embracing their identity as Losers.

That's what it feels like in NoVa today. It's Lovecraftian.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2018, 08:12 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The Caps fans here at work this morning look like 9/11 just happened, their Mom was in the building, and their dog was flying the plane.

I was in Boston in '86 and walking around after game 6 every single yokel's face said "the Red Sox are going to lose game 7." It was universal. One of the most eerie things I've ever seen -- a fanbase utterly defeated before the event, completing embracing their identity as Losers.

That's what it feels like in NoVa today. It's Lovecraftian.
                    *nods*

The Red Wings before '97.

Comment

Fleury doing it again tonight.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Vegas was 500 to 1 odds to win the Cup. They are now 1 win away from the finals. Crazy man
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          *nods*

The Red Wings before '97.
                          5 years of pain. 4 of those 5 years I was SURE Detroit would break the spell. In 1993 I thought they could make a run but in '92, '94, '95 and '96 I believed they were gonna win... And each year was a gut-punch ending to the season. Swept by the Hawks. Losing at home in a game 7 OT in round 1. Losing at home to the worst team in the playoffs in round 1. Swept in the final. Claude Lemieux. It all made 1997 a lot of fun. For about a week.

Comment

4-0 Sweden in the 2nd.

*facepalm* What an embarrassment.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

To me WAS/TBL is simple. Either:

Game 1/2 Washington shows up tonight and the Caps have life
                              or
                              Game 3/4 Washington shows up tonight and it's over (because Washington will be defeated mentally).
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                4-0 Sweden in the 2nd.

*facepalm* What an embarrassment.
                                I stepped outside at 1-0, came back in, and Whiskey-Tango.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X