Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

I hate seeing people blame Garber and MLS. Honduras and Panama beat us with players largely from MLS.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      I hate seeing people blame Garber and MLS. Honduras and Panama beat us with players largely from MLS.
      The problem is that people see MLS as the pinnacle of US Player Development... What people don't seem to realize is that the problem lies within the foundation that MLS is perched on... We have 300+ million people here. Why can we not find 20 guys to kick a ball? That is the problem.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Sure they may have been eliminated from the World Cup in the most embarrassing loss in the history of US Soccer, but all the players stood for the Anthem, which is all that matters.

Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          The problem is that people see MLS as the pinnacle of US Player Development... What people don't seem to realize is that the problem lies within the foundation that MLS is perched on... We have 300+ million people here. Why can we not find 20 guys to kick a ball? That is the problem.
          Yeah this is 100% on the USSF. I think there's a lot of misplaced anger towards others like MLS when in reality a lot of the problems lie in the ****show of a youth system we have and our soccer culture in general. Here are my personal fixes:

1. Kill the fiefdoms that litter US Soccer and centralize control. I'll give you a breakdown of organizations that are part of the USSF: AYSO, US Youth Soccer, US Club Soccer, MLS, NASL, USL, NWSL, NPSL, US Adult Soccer and that's not even counting the divisions at the State level with separate boards for Youth and Adult. Oh and don't forget the non-members like the NFHS and NCAA and their resultant fiefdoms at the Regional and National levels. You really want to fix **** in US Soccer? Have the USSF take an axe to all that, set up singular boards at the State level, and force people to work together.

2. Use USSF money to subsidize the costs of the State level. This means reducing the amount of money folks have to spend on soccer. Sure, that Nike money could spent on the USWNT salaries of guaranteed roster spot players or it could be spent reducing costs for parents of players.

3. Drop the hammer on college soccer. It's time for college soccer to get in line, either start playing by FIFA rules and extend the season be declared an outlaw league and deal with consequences.

4. Allow clubs to collect solidarity payments but only if they charged less than a certain amount of money.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Sure they may have been eliminated from the World Cup in the most embarrassing loss in the history of US Soccer, but all the players stood for the Anthem, which is all that matters.

Right?
            Lame

Comment

I have asked this before but isn't it possible that our best athletes are simply playing other sports?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                I have asked this before but isn't it possible that our best athletes are simply playing other sports?
                We don't need the best athletes.

The trademark of USMNT in the 21st century us been hard work, and this is the laziest, most disinterested USMNT we've ever seen.

MLS isn't a problem (as others note: we've been beaten by teams with MLS talent in this cycle), it's the lack of any consequences for USMNT players on MLS rosters. No competition? No drive.

Our best players right now (Pulisic, Wood, maybe Yedlin), they all have to work for their playing time at their clubs. And aside from Pulisic, they all have to work for their spots on the MNT.

But for some reason, Wood has to worry about Chris ****ing Wondolowski poaching his minutes and Fabian Johnson is left home in favor of who-really-cares.

Meanwhile, Michael Bradley farts his way through another lazy, zen 90 minutes of not-being-as-bad-as-I'm-saying-but-still-not-remarkable.

I used to say "playing regular minutes in MLS is better than not playing at all at Bayern/Roma/Wherever". Now I'm not so sure.

Maybe that's only true for players who still need to develop with game time, and not nearly as true for guys who are already developed, in their mid-to-late 20s, and need the competition of a high end team's training?
                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 10-11-2017, 06:41 AM.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I say, lower your expectations for USA soccer. You'll be much happier when they fail the next time.

Sure there are things they could do to help fix the problems. But they won't.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    I say, lower your expectations for USA soccer. You'll be much happier when they fail the next time.

Sure there are things they could do to help fix the problems. But they won't.
                    I totally agree. Klinnsman tried to change it and failed miserably. No one is changing it.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Lowering expectations shouldn't mean missing world cup. We should not be missing the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        3. Drop the hammer on college soccer. It's time for college soccer to get in line, either start playing by FIFA rules and extend the season be declared an outlaw league and deal with consequences.
                        Out of curiosity, what would the consequences be? College hockey(even MN high school hockey) works outside of USA Hockey, which is more centralized like you want, and there don't seem to be any major consequences.

I do mostly agree with you though. Having coached both hockey and soccer at the youth levels, there was a big difference, and I think soccer would really benefit from taking an approach like hockey.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          Out of curiosity, what would the consequences be? College hockey(even MN high school hockey) works outside of USA Hockey, which is more centralized like you want, and there don't seem to be any major consequences.

I do mostly agree with you though. Having coached both hockey and soccer at the youth levels, there was a big difference, and I think soccer would really benefit from taking an approach like hockey.
                          The biggest consequence would be players being ineligible for anything FIFA, potentially permanently. And that would be what I'd push for, play college soccer and you're permanently ineligible for everything, no National Teams, no pro soccer. It's a drastic step but soccer in this country needs them.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Right?
                            Saw a tweet that this team did more to disrespect the flag than anyone who kneeled

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Our best athletes don't really do track and field, hockey, or various other individual sports that have great American players. And they don't see results as embarrassing as this.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I totally agree. Klinnsman tried to change it and failed miserably. No one is changing it.
                                Klinsmann didn't change a *ing thing. He implemented nothing on a National level. A lot of the changes made during his tenure were already on the drawing board (the shift in age groups and the build out line for kids weren't his) or came from lawsuits (the rules on heading).

And Klinsmann bears the brunt of this failure. It was his tenure that saw the US miss TWO Olympics, a U-20 World Cup, a U-17 World Cup, and left us the hole to try to dig out of. Arena certainly deserves a huge amount of blame for *ing the bed here, as do the players, but don't forget who put us in this position.

Edit: missed a U-17 Cup.
                                Last edited by Jimjamesak; 10-11-2017, 09:53 AM.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X