Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7Qa557W4AAxx46.jpg:large

Is that Jimmy Davis in the white shirt on the left?

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Denver is going to cincinnati so it's very likely MTU will as well.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Denver is going to cincinnati so it's very likely MTU will as well.
        yes I'll be there saturday at 1 pm.
        I think it's a benefit to play Saturday.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So we play Saturday? If so I may be able to go, I don't know anything about the arena or anything, will this be like Fargo 2 years ago where it was standing room or is it a large arena and I can just buy a ticket online?
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            So we play Saturday? If so I may be able to go, I don't know anything about the arena or anything, will this be like Fargo 2 years ago where it was standing room or is it a large arena and I can just buy a ticket online?
            There will be plenty of tickets available. You could probably walk up.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Very much considering driving up after work on Friday/Saturday for the game, it's about an 8 hour drive.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Just. Beat. Denver.
                It's going to be a very awkward week for me at work as the lone Tech alum in the building. Here's to hoping Tech is the next Holy Cross of the NCAA tourney. Tech will be able to play much looser in the tourney this time. No one will expect them to win - the ultimately underdog.

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                Will this be like Fargo 2 years ago where it was standing room or is it a large arena and I can just buy a ticket online?
                Since we are not in UND's bracket and we are playing DU, I will predict there will be thousands of tickets available. DU can't even sell out their medium size home rink as the #1 team in the country and their fans don't travel.

In my opinion, Tech might be the #16 team, but I don't think they are the worst team in the bracket. All things considered I think they got a favorable draw with DU, PUS and Union in Cincy. In a one and done tourney, you can always steal a game with a good goalie and Angus has shown he can be that guy. If Tech can hold DU to two or less goals, they have a chance to get to the regional final and maybe beyond.

Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Congrats, Tech! Watched you guys play in Fairbanks in November and it was readily apparent you were one of the top teams in the conference.

Make us proud in the big dance.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Let me tell you JJ, all of the teams in this bracket are really good. PSU had some down games late in the year but they played really well at the end and have saved the best for last. They get 40 shots per game and a lot go in. They might be, without looking the highest scoring team in College hockey. Union has what I consider the top candidate for the Hobey, Veccionne, and he and his line mates are maybe the best line in all of college hockey. They play a defensive game, a grind it out game, and they match up well with PSU. To me the easiest bracket is Providence, but Manchester is not too bad though Lowell is playing really well also.
                    I expect to drive down on Saturday morning. it's 5 hours almost exactly from Detroit.
                    also here's a good place to meet up after the game, or friday night. http://www.arnoldsbarandgrill.com
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Is there a general consensus on Tech sections yet? My uncle (also a tech alum) and I will be there, he lives in Dayton, makes this trip super easy

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Let me tell you JJ, all of the teams in this bracket are really good. PSU had some down games late in the year but they played really well at the end and have saved the best for last. They get 40 shots per game and a lot go in. They might be, without looking the highest scoring team in College hockey. Union has what I consider the top candidate for the Hobey, Veccionne, and he and his line mates are maybe the best line in all of college hockey. They play a defensive game, a grind it out game, and they match up well with PSU. To me the easiest bracket is Providence, but Manchester is not too bad though Lowell is playing really well also.
                        I expect to drive down on Saturday morning. it's 5 hours almost exactly from Detroit.
                        also here's a good place to meet up after the game, or friday night. http://www.arnoldsbarandgrill.com
                        I was not impressed with PSU when I just saw them play at the Joe against UW. Maybe it was an off game.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                          https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7Qa557W4AAxx46.jpg:large

Is that Jimmy Davis in the white shirt on the left?
                          Yeah that's him. Is he a grad assistant or something? Saw him walking around arena during warmups.

Comment

So, is Tech required to wear their black sweaters or can they bust out the gold? I'm assuming Denver will be in white.
                            Beat em' Beat em' MTU!!!
                            Northern Sucks

Comment

Hey, Tech Fans! Arizona State fan here and wanted to give you all a big congrats! I was able to meet with a few of you at our tournament a few years ago and have been cheering from afar ever since. Awesome, awesome crowd you had last night. Class program, community and fans! I wish you guys the best of luck in the NCAAs!

Comment

If I weren't going to my high school's alumni weekend the next weekend, I would be seriously considering coming up there. My old radio broadcast partner lives across the River, and I think that he's going to go.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X