X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    I don't believe ANYONE is jumping on him. He was picked good or bad reasoning doesn't matter, he has plenty of time to prove himself especially if you look at the record of how long coaches can stay at RPI. One thing I find in Smith's favor is they are in a us against them mentality, and young players can really make a spot for themselves.

I FULLY believe the issue here is the way it was handled, committee, no committee, suggestion, no suggestion. Then follow it up with the way the women's coaching situation was handled and is still being handled. It's the people in charge of the process, top down. In my experience if upper management doesn't show true interest then everything can easily falter or be more difficult. I think the Troy Record needs to dig deeper.
    The process was clearly flawed. Beginning with a search firm with zero hockey experience, maybe the outcome will work but we'll see. It sounds like a committee recommendation was made and SAJ and Lee went another way (If the Oates account is correct). The problem is that SAJ gives no mind to the program. Where's the 20 mil that SAJ promised, I propose that it will never come to fruition. That's her prerogative but the alumni and the season tix holders have a right to hold these folks to account for their decisions and promises. SAJ is taking on water with Record and Chronicle of Higher Ed stories; the only way the program gets better is with her departure. The only way the school gets out of its malaise with poor morale among employees, faculty and alumni is her departure. I get that Lee's just collecting a check but you think he would answer questions in a more artful way and just not say "thanks for the email". C'mon Lee respect the media's role and the paying fans right to have a process be transparent.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      The process was clearly flawed. Beginning with a search firm with zero hockey experience, maybe the outcome will work but we'll see. It sounds like a committee recommendation was made and SAJ and Lee went another way (If the Oates account is correct). The problem is that SAJ gives no mind to the program. Where's the 20 mil that SAJ promised, I propose that it will never come to fruition. That's her prerogative but the alumni and the season tix holders have a right to hold these folks to account for their decisions and promises. SAJ is taking on water with Record and Chronicle of Higher Ed stories; the only way the program gets better is with her departure. The only way the school gets out of its malaise with poor morale among employees, faculty and alumni is her departure. I get that Lee's just collecting a check but you think he would answer questions in a more artful way and just not say "thanks for the email". C'mon Lee respect the media's role and the paying fans right to have a process be transparent.
      Wow man let it go.....Your boy toy is better off now and you know it....Stop being upset he had to leave town and you need to find a new lover.....It will happen if you let it.....You got him maybe you can get Smith...

Comment

Today is 29 July 2017. There are 63 days (9 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.

No complete roster yet.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I FULLY believe the issue here is the way it was handled, committee, no committee, suggestion, no suggestion. Then follow it up with the way the women's coaching situation was handled and is still being handled. It's the people in charge of the process, top down. In my experience if upper management doesn't show true interest then everything can easily falter or be more difficult. I think the Troy Record needs to dig deeper.
          And what's going to come out of it? SAJ is a ruthless dictator, just like her friend Hill-dawg. Until she croaks, nothing will happen. And even then, she's put such a system into place that nothing will happen after said time.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            To be fair, if someone's attacking you and your work, what else are you going to respond with? Do you really expect him to be rebutting, especially considering we've had these beliefs about the administration for well over a decade? I'm one of the first that's going to agree that SAJ needs to go, but these people aren't stupid. If we want to speak with our wallets, that'd probably be the only way. I'm sure they'll blame the media next, but at this point, it's the only true vote we have.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              To be fair, if someone's attacking you and your work, what else are you going to respond with? Do you really expect him to be rebutting, especially considering we've had these beliefs about the administration for well over a decade? I'm one of the first that's going to agree that SAJ needs to go, but these people aren't stupid. If we want to speak with our wallets, that'd probably be the only way. I'm sure they'll blame the media next, but at this point, it's the only true vote we have.
              I don't see the media attacking, just asking questions which is their role.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                And what's going to come out of it? SAJ is a ruthless dictator, just like her friend Hill-dawg. Until she croaks, nothing will happen. And even then, she's put such a system into place that nothing will happen after said time.
                Seconded. Jen and I saw this before some if not most. We remain hopeful but understand what exactly it will take for this team, this program and more importantly, this institution to recover from it all. But, on a more cheerful note, I expect many of you to be pleasantly surprised by the team performance this year. In spite of all the troubles, we have a great bunch of boys as we almost always do.
                Last edited by DrDemento; 07-29-2017, 06:46 PM.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Seconded. Jen and I saw this before some if not most. We remain hopeful but understand what exactly it will take for this team, this program and more importantly, this institution to recover from it all. But, on a more cheerful note, I expect many of you to be pleasantly surprised y the team performance this year. In spite of all the troubles, we have a great bunch of boys as we almost always do.
                  Stick around.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 30 July 2017. There are 62 days (2 months) until RPI's next game.

No complete roster yet.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-31-2017, 01:06 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't see the media attacking, just asking questions which is their role.
                      You and I may see it that way. An oppressive regime sees questions as attacks against their rule, hence why it is generally either dodged or met with repercussion. As a means of not seeming rude, they are likely instructed to acknowledge receipt of it at a minimum. It doesn't mean they have to answer the questions.

Comment

Today is 31 July 2017. There are 61 days until RPI's next game.

No complete roster yet.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Seconded. Jen and I saw this before some if not most. We remain hopeful but understand what exactly it will take for this team, this program and more importantly, this institution to recover from it all. But, on a more cheerful note, I expect many of you to be pleasantly surprised by the team performance this year. In spite of all the troubles, we have a great bunch of boys as we almost always do.
                          Doc - hope you and Jenny are having a good summer. I have the same expectation. Cheers!
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                            Doc - hope you and Jenny are having a good summer. I have the same expectation. Cheers!
                            Same wishes to you. Life has settled and without any traumatic events I must say this has been the best summer in some time. If we had set up a poll of some sort it would be interesting to see just how everyone here truly feels about this upcoming season as far as how many total wins they expect. i would start it off with a somewhat optimistic 18. With about 9 incoming new boys along with the new coach, we are looking at a lot of changes but I do not think that number unreasonable.

Comment

Same wishes to you. Life has settled and without any traumatic events I must say this has been the best summer in some time. If we had set up a poll of some sort it would be interesting to see just how everyone here truly feels about this upcoming season as far as how many total wins they expect. i would start it off with a somewhat optimistic 18. With about 9 incoming new boys along with the new coach, we are looking at a lot of changes but I do not think that number unreasonable.
                              I hesitate to be optimistic because I was optimistic 11 years ago.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I hesitate to be optimistic because I was optimistic 11 years ago.
                                But you could still at least venture a guess. You and I and a few others have been around this program for a long time and at least have a sense of historical perspective. We have seen some drastic changes in the past 50+ years.
                                BTW my guess includes any post season victories in the total.

Comment

Working...
                                X