Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

http://www.golf.com/knockdown/2018/0...x-mix-emotions

Interesting read about Reed.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Reed is no angel, been in trouble while in school.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      When he made his last putt on 18 to win the applause was so light you could hear a pin drop.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I didn't know who he was so I wanted him to win. Underdog you know. The family stuff sounds odd.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

What a run yesterday by Jordan Spieth, though. That was impressive.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Reed is no angel, been in trouble while in school.

Yeah I knew all about his cheating. Doesn’t help matters

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              That's...ugly. No other way of putting it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                That's...ugly. No other way of putting it.
                I don't know that I'd call it ugly. I guess it's always unfortunate when family members become estranged, but this is not exactly the first time it's ever happened to someone. They apparently didn't like his fiance, and that was too much for Reed. I can see that happening.

You hope for reconciliation but I don't think it makes him a bad guy if it doesn't happen.

As for the "cheating", I'd guess I'd like to know the circumstances. I personally have been in situations where I actually hit the wrong ball (and was penalized for it). It's a mistake that can be made. It's pretty clear that his personality clashed with his teammates. I would not be surprised at all if that personality clash might have colored the way his teammates looked at the "wrong ball" incident. Pretty easy to accuse someone of cheating, as opposed to a simple mistake, if you have an intense dislike for that person.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

NCAA D1 women's championship coming down to extra holes. 'Bama and Arizona tied at 2.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

What went on with the PGA tourney Sunday? The match was in sudden death at 2:30. Then they ran replay the rest of the show.
                    Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

• Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                      What went on with the PGA tourney Sunday? The match was in sudden death at 2:30. Then they ran replay the rest of the show.
                      There was forecasted bad weather (that ended up not really happening), so they moved tee times up, played threesomes, and teed off both front and back to try to get it in before any weather hit.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        There was forecasted bad weather (that ended up not really happening), so they moved tee times up, played threesomes, and teed off both front and back to try to get it in before any weather hit.
                        OK, thanks
                        Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

With the Caps winning, should I travel to Delaware and make a wager on Phil in the US Open?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            With the Caps winning, should I travel to Delaware and make a wager on Phil in the US Open?
                            I say go all in.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              I say go all in.
                              And then, when you win, go throw it all on red and double it!

Comment

Shinnecock showing some teeth. It's Thursday morning groups.

Comment

Working...
                                X