UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
    If CC was to ever have a chance of beating UND this season it would be the weekend after the big rivalry series. Letdown maybe?
    We’ve lost to CC plenty, including last year iirc.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

It's good to see CC back to playing competitive hockey. Great tradition there.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
        It's good to see CC back to playing competitive hockey. Great tradition there.
        I agree. We need all of the NCHC teams to have periodic national success.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          We’ve lost to CC plenty, including last year iirc.
          Yep. 3-0. Although, I believe there were 2 ENGs at the end. Similar game to this past Friday. North Dakota absolutely dominated the Tigers, but their goalie had a horseshoe up his butt and stole the W. I think we hit the post about 5-6 times too.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

[QUOTE=Fighting Sioux 23;6542012]I'm really looking forward to this weekend. The Tigers have been playing much better hockey this season than they have in quite some time. North Dakota has been a bit inconsistent (as expected for a young team), but dominated the majority of play this past weekend. If UND wants to compete for the NCHC title, 6 points this weekend would go a long way towards that goal. My guess is another weekend of a close game and a blowout.
            Gone twice to CC. Fans are great and tons to do in the Springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              The five that ended up in three goals was a pathetic call. Even the UND announcers agreed and anyone without team colored glasses would agree.

Gopher special teams were brutal all weekend, so I accept a split.
              I couldn't even believe when the refs got together to talk about it. Thought it was easy 2.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                I couldn't even believe when the refs got together to talk about it. Thought it was easy 2.
                Easy 2. No argument from anyone, I think. 5? That part was pathetic.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wow great night for the freshman Thome! Hope he can keep it up tomorrow

Comment

Inter-Conference win %:

1 NCHC (.673)
                    2 Big Ten (.633)
                    3 ECAC (.452)
                    4 Hockey East (.420)
                    5 Atlantic (.389)
                    6 WCHA (.351)
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Staggering stat. Times ranked in top 2 in USCHO poll since Nov. 17, 2014:
                      83 - NCHC
                      28 - Hockey East
                      21 - ECAC
                      12 - WCHA
                      2 - Big Ten
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        Staggering stat. Times ranked in top 2 in USCHO poll since Nov. 17, 2014:
                        83 - NCHC
                        28 - Hockey East
                        21 - ECAC
                        12 - WCHA
                        2 - Big Ten
                        Should share this with speedy on the B1G v. NCHC thread

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Should share this with speedy on the B1G v. NCHC thread
                          Go for it
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Nice win tonight. Really getting to like Mismash’s game. Needed a Friday night win.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Cam Johnson = Wally Pipp.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Cam Johnson = Wally Pipp.
                                Say wa?
                                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Working...
                                X