Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    US Hockey Report has all the details:
    http://ushr.com
    You have to be a member to access the USHR report. Any chance you could copy and paste the text?

Comment

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Ted Ryan has the scoop on Polesello:

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com/oncampus/

He also mentions that Girgensons tweeted he's going to be in Vermont for a few days. That's a good sign.

Comment

Ted is right on it. ( as usual) I am feeling better, and better about next season!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

"A 5-foot-7, 170-pound center from Bolton, Ontario." Sounds like the kind of player we used to have. You know, back when we were good.
          Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
          National Champions 1992, 2001
          21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
          National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
          Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
            "A 5-foot-7, 170-pound center from Bolton, Ontario." Sounds like the kind of player we used to have. You know, back when we were good.
            Yeah, let's hope he can play like one of those guys too. I don't know what kind of player he is, but we could use one of those smaller guys who flies around the ice and gives 110% every shift. Someone like Peter Lenes maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
              Yeah, let's hope he can play like one of those guys too. I don't know what kind of player he is, but we could use one of those smaller guys who flies around the ice and gives 110% every shift. Someone like Peter Lenes maybe.
              Here is an article from Mar'11 that gives a little more info on our new recruit:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/39275-Robert-Polesello.html

I'm surprised we had a scholarship available this late in the process. He is eligible for the NHL draft this year.

I am hoping that Zemgus does find his way to UVM this year. What NHL teams are considered college-friendly?

Looks like our first official game is at UML on Friday, Oct 12th. I am hoping that we have an exhibition against a Canadian team on Oct 6th/7th.
              Last edited by VermontFan; 06-02-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post
                Here is an article from Mar'11 that gives a little more info on our new recruit:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...Polesello.html

I'm surprised we had a scholarship available this late in the process. He is eligible for the NHL draft this year.

I am hoping that Zemgus does find his way to UVM this year. What NHL teams are considered college-friendly?

Looks like our first official game is at UML on Friday, Oct 12th. I am hoping that we have an exhibition against a Canadian team on Oct 6th/7th.
                I knew we had one more scholarship to give out, but I thought we were looking for another defenseman. Must have been mistaken about that.

Anyway, did you notice what he said when asked why he chose BU? He said "The facilities are amazing...." Until we get a new arena, we're going to be continually fighting an uphill battle to attract top recruits. I don't know anyone who comes to UVM because "the facilities are amazing" -- they come despite the fact that the facilities are very much not amazing. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but that needs to change soon.
                Last edited by UVM Cat in Texas; 06-02-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I believe we were looking for two more defensemen, per a Ted Ryan article earlier this year, and we have received two commits over the last 5 weeks from defensemen (Caylen Walls and Yvan Pattyn). Neither of these were discussed too much on this thread...though I may have it wrong.

The 2012 recruit list is below:

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spr...EE&hl=en&gid=1

Also, Chris Heisenberg has a 2013 list that he has started recently:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=1
                  Last edited by VermontFan; 06-02-2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

The 2012 list not working for anyone else?
                    21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University

University of Vermont

Comment

Article in the Winnipeg Sun on Pattyn - http://bit.ly/uvmYP

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

When Polesello was being recruited a couple years back, both BC and BU wanted him very badly as he was considered the next "can't miss" Gionta/Gerbe type. At the time, BC was very upset about losing him to BU. He did not have great numbers this past year in the USHL, which has lead some scouts to believe that he may have peaked early. Either way, he's a very talented player, and if you get lucky, he could rebound and become a real elite player for UVM.

Comment

Rankings for this years class up anywhere yet?
                          21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University

University of Vermont

Comment

For some reason, I cannot get the link to work for the 2012 page. Here is the url for the 2011 recruits, and you'll see a link on the top of the page for 2012:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...hw&output=html

I believe the recruiting rankings usually come out in September. Last year, CHN called us one of the top 9 recruiting classes with Paliotta and Reynolds.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...resh_faces.php

One would think we would be top 10 again with Zemgus (if he arrives....), Fallon, and Polesello.

Comment

You guys keep talking about Girgensons not showing up and you are going to jinx us...

He will show up and play for a few years. Look at Kreider, he was drafted first round and stayed for 3 years and dominated for that time. Girgensons is a top tier talent, but he isnt going to show up for a year and head to the pros. He will be around and it looks like Sneddon has added some help. As long as the goaltending comes this team will challenge for home ice.
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                You guys keep talking about Girgensons not showing up and you are going to jinx us...

He will show up and play for a few years. Look at Kreider, he was drafted first round and stayed for 3 years and dominated for that time. Girgensons is a top tier talent, but he isnt going to show up for a year and head to the pros. He will be around and it looks like Sneddon has added some help. As long as the goaltending comes this team will challenge for home ice.
                                From 10th to fighting for home ice in one season. I'd say you were crazy, except where I have I seen that before...?

All yucks aside, baby steps. Shoot for ninth and who knows, maybe your squad makes the playoffs. All things considered, that'd have to be best case scenario, amirite? Northeastern should be abysmal, so getting out of the gutter is well within reach.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X