Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
    Agreed, but also you have to think they need to step up the strength and conditioning program. They have a great weight room, just not a great coach or program. Recruit a top notch coach, and that would improve the teams ability and attitude tremendously!
    I do know that the uvm guys are working with a guy that was on the ultimate fighter and use to fight in the UFC. I don't know how much this will help but I do know that it can't hurt.

Save me a seat!

Comment

Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Originally posted by newuvmarena View Post
      I do know that the uvm guys are working with a guy that was on the ultimate fighter and use to fight in the UFC. I don't know how much this will help but I do know that it can't hurt.
      If nothing else, it might come in handy once they start playing professional hockey.

Comment

Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Agreed, but also you have to think they need to step up the strength and conditioning program. They have a great weight room, just not a great coach or program. Recruit a top notch coach, and that would improve the teams ability and attitude tremendously!
        Amen!

Comment

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

Looks like the Women's program just got a serious upgrade. I can only think this will have a positive effect on the mens side, if the womens team starts winning as well.
          Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
          National Champions 1992, 2001
          21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
          National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
          Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            I doubt it. Admittedly I know nothing about Fallon as a person but, as I said in a previous post, I strongly believe Sneddon and the staff did their due diligence, and would have steered clear if he's really as immature as you say. Just my opinion.
            Seems like he's done more than a bit of growing up. He's definitely become a leader ON the ice during the final third of the season:

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/sports/tou...d-hearted-move

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...ws|text|Sports
            Indiana's a basketball state ! Why am I here ??

Comment

This is good news.........

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Good news indeed. We can certainly use someone who's a leader type. Except for the recent emergence of H.T. Lenz as a leader, it's something that's been missing since the graduation of Dean Strong. I also think we need someone who's a bit of a "character" to keep things loose. Fallon appears to fit the bill there. Can't wait til the puck drops!

Comment

More alumni in the news:
                  http://www.sportingvermont.com/2012/...l-opportunity/

Comment

Yikes, that is one gaudy uniform!

Comment

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

DO any of you guys think that UConns move will affect us at all? I think that at the very least it should keep us out of the cellar for a while.
                      Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                      National Champions 1992, 2001
                      21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                      National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                      Future National Champions 201?

Comment

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
                        DO any of you guys think that UConns move will affect us at all? I think that at the very least it should keep us out of the cellar for a while.
                        I can see why HE might like UConn--gives the league another state university to go along with UVM, Maine, New Hampshire, UMass, etc. That said, I really dislike it from a hockey standpoint, what with their total lack of hockey experience/history. Personally, I'd rather have RPI as was talked about a year and a half ago when the offer was extended to ND. Maybe it'll work out brilliantly in the long run, but in the short run it sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          I can see why HE might like UConn--gives the league another state university to go along with UVM, Maine, New Hampshire, UMass, etc. That said, I really dislike it from a hockey standpoint, what with their total lack of hockey experience/history. Personally, I'd rather have RPI as was talked about a year and a half ago when the offer was extended to ND. Maybe it'll work out brilliantly in the long run, but in the short run it sucks.
                          The way I look at it is, it's a big name school that is now offering 18 kids a free ride to play hockey at the university of conneticut. It's an established school with wealthy alumni. Granted uconn hasn't done anything in hockey but would UVM be competative if the didn't offer scholarships probobly not. I think this is better than having RPI ,college hockey is moving in a new direction and I'm sorry to say but these smaller schools are going to start to be left behind. Viewers aren't going to tune in to watch RPI over UCONN people like big names like Notre Dame and UCONN not Holy Cross or RPI. That's whats going to grow this sport and we need that so our kids don't keep jumping to major juniors!!!!

Comment

Captains for the 2012-13 season announced:

http://uvmathletics.com/news/2012/5/...511121621.aspx

Comment

Another defensive recruit for UVM ... Yvan Pattyn.
                              Scott McLaughlin ‏@smclaughlin9
                              RT @GeneralPattyn28: Congrats to my little brother @pattyn15 on his commitment to the University of Vermont for next year. Very proud of him
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Nice to see that we are getting some size with this year's recruits! Definitely lacking in that dept last season!

Comment

Working...
                                X