Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Very informative, and enlightening post..Just knowing UVM, as I do, I find selling a Game Used Albertson Jersey ( looks great) , and handing out a Stalberg nameplate with the # 18 jersey so the buyer can sell the jersey for a much higher price seems odd to me. I would love to get in on some those direct buy purchases! I love Game Used jerseys. I have a couple from UVM fundraisers. I actually wear a old game worn Jeff Corey jersey ( with name on back) to the games. I got it before the ban. Hope you find a buyer! Good Luck!
    Last edited by Martin St. Louis Fan; 04-21-2012, 08:42 PM.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Speaking of Game Used Jersey's UVM is auctioning off a ton of them at the link below. I would doubt they have names on them...........

http://auction.uvmathletics.com/

Comment

Yes, that is where these jerseys orginated a few months ago. This sale/auction stated right after the outdoor game. Those jeseys along plus about 70 others were posted for sale. The ones from the outdoor game got snapped up the first time they were listed and went for big bucks, but as you can see there are some stragglers that keep getting listed over and over each month with no bidders. I'm sure they will sell eventually. You are also correct that all the names are stripped off. Also if you look closely at the auction, the only photos shown of the auction jersey is the back view. All of the front photos are of the same jersey that is why they are photographed so you can't see the numbers from the front.
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Cats just picked up another commit.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Thanks for the heads up. We can certainly use some defensemen who can play defense. Seems like he fits the bill in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
              Thanks for the heads up. We can certainly use some defensemen who can play defense. Seems like he fits the bill in that regard.
              Any feel yet for possible line conbinations for next season and have leaders been named for 2012-2013?

Comment

http://www.okotoksoilers.com/NewsVie...?ArticleID=498

FYI a Left shot D!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hoosierpuck View Post
                  Thanks both of you for the insights. I think he's definitely come into his own on the ice this season - always able to dig out the puck, turn on the wheels and set up a scoring opportunity ... I've seen him evolve during the course of the season to a pretty consistent winner in the faceoff circle too. Off the ice, I do know he was taking classes at the local community college although I obviously don't have the skinny on what he was taking or how seriously he was taking it.

I see alot of potential in him - I guess it's one of those things where as a grown up you want to shake 'em until they realize the opportunity they've got and how easy it can be to NOT f* it up if they'd just do what they're supposed to. I hope VT is good for him, and vice versa.
                  I give him until Christmas. Off the ice he has not grown up at all.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                    I give him until Christmas. Off the ice he has not grown up at all.
                    I doubt it. Admittedly I know nothing about Fallon as a person but, as I said in a previous post, I strongly believe Sneddon and the staff did their due diligence, and would have steered clear if he's really as immature as you say. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                      Spoke with several high ranking officials while at the Worlds this past week and was told that UVM is "expecting to break ground sometime next year on a 6500 seat arena adjacent to Gutterson" with the intent on hosting the Worlds again in 2017 and/or possibly a women's Frozen Four as well. Expect to see a heavy push on fundraising towards the building in the next few months.
                      It's coming baby! Can you hear it,6500 fans screaming go cats go. Top talent coming to play here rather then BC or BU! We need this more than ever with the likes of Notre Dame coming to hockey east.we will never have the money or the TV contracts Notre dame has but this will put our program over the top.

Save me a seat

Comment

Originally posted by newuvmarena View Post
                        Top talent coming to play here rather then BC or BU!
                        OK. Sure.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          OK. Sure.
                          BC & BU have several advantages and losing 1 big one would have an impact. Saying it wouldnt it just wishfull thinking.

And sorry to say but BC has nowhere to go but down now.

And then the second teer things start playing a bigger part in a recruits mind. And big cities have as many downsides
                          as up, and also being the big sports draw in town instead of being tied for 5th doesnt suck.

Would it even things up....no at least not at first but it only takes one bluechip player to pick VT instead and then if the
                          team has more success another and a few years later you never know???
                          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                            And sorry to say but BC has nowhere to go but down now.
                            I'd gladly accept that if it meant UVM was coming off a nat'l championship. I'm just sayin....

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              OK. Sure.
                              That's the problem right there! If we devoted half the time and effort to our hockey program that BC or Notre Dame did we could put a top ten team on the ice every year. Kids these days don't care about nastalgia or history of a barn ! They want to know what's going to get them to the next level (weight rooms,exposure and commitment to player development)and until then we will be cellar dwellers for years to come! The gut is great don't get me wrong but no blue chip is going to choose the Gut over Compton Arena any day!! Girgenson is only coming here because he has ties to the glades if he comes at all. Hmmmmmmmm NHL/AHL with there great training staff and weight rooms or the gut where we have history of a barn going for us.The attitude needs to change and it starts with a new arena mark my words.

Save me a seat!

Comment

Agreed, but also you have to think they need to step up the strength and conditioning program. They have a great weight room, just not a great coach or program. Recruit a top notch coach, and that would improve the teams ability and attitude tremendously!

Comment

Working...
                                X